Is overcrowding on Lexington Av and Canarsie lines overhyped?

JubaionBx12+SBS

I rode the (L) my whole life most (L) in the morining are packed by the time they get to Broadway junction. My stop is E 105 st which is the secomd stop and the train is almost SRO. Unless u catch a Put in u almost will never get a seat in the Morining there is no hyped on that. Just as many people get off at Bway Junction they get on its Back packed Before u get to Myrtle u got Wilson & Halsey which are very Busy in the Morining. After Myrtle it gets worst the slowest station after that in jefferson st and its still a lot of people.

I will say After Lormier & Beford the rest of the line it mostly drop off @ 1av, 3av, Union Sq & 6 av. But 8 av gets kinda of busy from time to time.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I rode the (L) my whole life most (L) in the morining are packed by the time they get to Broadway junction. My stop is E 105 st which is the secomd stop and the train is almost SRO. Unless u catch a Put in u almost will never get a seat in the Morining there is no hyped on that. Just as many people get off at Bway Junction they get on its Back packed Before u get to Myrtle u got Wilson & Halsey which are very Busy in the Morining. After Myrtle it gets worst the slowest station after that in jefferson st and its still a lot of people.

I will say After Lormier & Beford the rest of the line it mostly drop off @ 1av, 3av, Union Sq & 6 av. But 8 av gets kinda of busy from time to time.

I so feel your pain...my home stop is right before yours (New Lots Av) so I also exactly knows what happens on the (L). Going away from Manhattan, the train usually leaves 8 Av SRO. Union Sq & 1 Av just maks it 20x worse. Once you get to Lormier, it'll start empting out lil by lil until Bway Jct. Sometimes, the train even comes into Canarsie crowded cuz of the Bway Jct crowd and the crowd from the B15 at New Lots

• 2 years later...

I would propose this plan: a new X train will run skip-stop with the L during weekday rush hours between Rockaway Pkwy and Grand St.

The following stations would be served by the L train only:

Montrose Av

Jefferson St

Wilson Av

Atlantic Av

Livonia Av

East 105 St

and the X train only:

Morgan Av

Halsey St

Bushwick Av-Aberdeen St

Sutter Av

New Lots Av

Rockaway Pkwy, Broadway Junction, Myrtle-Wyckoff Avs, DeKalb Av, Grand St, Graham Av, Lorimer St, Bedford Av, and all stations in Manhattan will be served by both trains.

I made a few changes to this proposal: Grand

Street will become a skip-stop station, with the

X serving it during rush hours and the L serving

it all other times, since I found out it wasn't

busy enough to be served by both trains. Also,

L/X skip-stop service will operate rush hours in

the peak direction only.

off topic... Now you realize what does it feel like riding R160/A on (E) it like crowded during rush hours... Who forgot except weekend.. For myself when R211 come to Jamaica Yard... What will it be like riding R211 on (E)...  Bet it will be same amount ridership who ride R160A on (E).... Not good... But R211 or R160A on   (E) will be more crowded than (F) when R211 come on.. ? saying

Archived