An idea: Should the "S93' serve the Brooklyn VA Medical center when it runs?

Shortline Bus

1) I get your point. My point is that they haven't been fulfilling their part of the deal so the (MTA) should take over especially if that means that the routes will become more reliable.

2) Yeah, but they already have one on Richmond & Forest. I agree that one on the other side isn't needed because the only folks that use it heavily are the X30 riders in the morning. After that it isn't that heavily used. The one across the street however is heavily used. The problem with Staten Island is that the sidewalks are so damn narrow that it makes it difficult to place shelters.

3) It's not that unwalkable, but there is certainly nothing great over there, not unless you leave tons of weeds everywhere. Sometimes I wonder if anybody stores dead bodies over there as I'm passing by on the X30. lol As for $289,000... LOL You must've been reading things because there is no way in hell that those condos cost that much unless they're like a 4 bedroom condo or something.

1) Alright.

2) But in the midday and afternoon, there are a lot of people who are either:

a) Transferring from the Richmond Avenue buses

B) Going shopping and taking the S48 back to Arlington

And that was the one that they didn't get back to me on. The one that they said "No, it's not needed" was the soundbound one for the Richmond Avenue routes. There's always a ton of people waiting there: Basically for every minute waiting there, there's 1 person (e.g. If there was a 15 minute gap in service, there's at least 15 people waiting at the stop).

I remember last month or so I had just missed all of the buses (like you said, it would be great if they could space them out better) and the next bus wasn't coming for another 15 minutes. It started raining and everybody had to huddle under the awning of the deli on the corner (that 24 hour one). That's just ridiculous for a stop that's that busy.

3) Well, I found a 2-bedroom one for $269,000: http://www.trulia.com/property/3061400386-57-Regal-Walk-117-Staten-Island-NY-10303

And another one for $319,000: http://www.trulia.com/property/1082740696-Condo-Staten-Island-NY-10314

And a 1-bedroom for $189,000: http://www.trulia.com/property/3058564941-45-Regal-Walk-2-Staten-Island-NY-10303

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1) Alright.

2) But in the midday and afternoon, there are a lot of people who are either:

a) Transferring from the Richmond Avenue buses

;) Going shopping and taking the S48 back to Arlington

And that was the one that they didn't get back to me on. The one that they said "No, it's not needed" was the soundbound one for the Richmond Avenue routes. There's always a ton of people waiting there: Basically for every minute waiting there, there's 1 person (e.g. If there was a 15 minute gap in service, there's at least 15 people waiting at the stop).

I remember last month or so I had just missed all of the buses (like you said, it would be great if they could space them out better) and the next bus wasn't coming for another 15 minutes. It started raining and everybody had to huddle under the awning of the deli on the corner (that 24 hour one). That's just ridiculous for a stop that's that busy.

3) Well, I found a 2-bedroom one for $269,000: http://www.trulia.com/property/3061400386-57-Regal-Walk-117-Staten-Island-NY-10303

And another one for $319,000: http://www.trulia.com/property/1082740696-Condo-Staten-Island-NY-10314

And a 1-bedroom for $189,000: http://www.trulia.com/property/3058564941-45-Regal-Walk-2-Staten-Island-NY-10303

LOL... And that's why that apartment is sitting because it is overpriced... $29,000 reduction... LOL

As for the Richmond Ave stop, now I know which one you mean. The problem is that there is no space to put one...

LOL... And that's why that apartment is sitting because it is overpriced... $29,000 reduction... LOL

As for the Richmond Ave stop, now I know which one you mean. The problem is that there is no space to put one...

And where is your appraisers' license that makes you so qualified to comment on how much a property is worth? How do you know the owner didn't just want to get out quick and reduced the price to get it sold faster?

As far as Richmond Avenue goes, if they could just take a small part of that parking lot (it's for the Dakota Diner across the street), they'd be set.

And you'll be happy to know that I've forwarded my professor both of our proposals and he's sent them to Allen Cappelli with the hope that he'll respond because of my professor's connections. :tup:

He actually forwarded it to a friend, and he said "Hire him and give him an A" (I guess because it was so convincing and logical).

The professor said that if I could somehow work that into a thesis, I'd actually be mostly done with the report. That'd be a triple win for me: I get my S93 extension, the S83, and an A on the report. :cool:

And where is your appraisers' license that makes you so qualified to comment on how much a property is worth? How do you know the owner didn't just want to get out quick and reduced the price to get it sold faster?

Oh please. Anyone with half a brain would know that an apartment in that neck of the woods for that price is a ripoff and if they don't know well then they deserve what they get. There is no way in hell that I'd pay that much to have a field of weeds across the street and Mariner's Harbor AND Arlington just minutes away. :eek::eek:

As far as Richmond Avenue goes, if they could just take a small part of that parking lot (it's for the Dakota Diner across the street), they'd be set.

Well if it's private property then they'd have to work out something with the owner. Molinaro is having parts of Clove Road widened as well to address the bottlenecking and perhaps widen sidewalks there too. In this case, they should try to see where they can make the sidewalks wider along Richmond Avenue, because those sidewalks are almost as small as the sidewalks in Florence where I lived, which is a medieval city, so that's understandable, but to have sidewalks that narrow here in the U.S. is insane. Even the sidewalks in my neighborhood are wider than that. On a side note, my street is finally being repaved today! :) I have never saw so many DOT folks on one block before in my life. It was supposed to have been done days ago and they keep delaying it which is annoying me since I don't want my Italian shoes ruined with the street all torn up. :mad::mad: Broadway is also being redone. :)

And you'll be happy to know that I've forwarded my professor both of our proposals and he's sent them to Allen Cappelli with the hope that he'll respond because of my professor's connections. :tup:

He actually forwarded it to a friend, and he said "Hire him and give him an A" (I guess because it was so convincing and logical).

The professor said that if I could somehow work that into a thesis, I'd actually be mostly done with the report. That'd be a triple win for me: I get my S93 extension, the S83, and an A on the report. :cool:

LOL... Did you bring him an apple too?? B) So that's your secret to high grades and little work. Teacher's pet... B) Well I tell ya, if he has pull like that then maybe I need to re-enroll into a high school and pretend that I didn't graduate w/honors.

1) Oh please. Anyone with half a brain would know that an apartment in that neck of the woods for that price is a ripoff and if they don't know well then they deserve what they get. There is no way in hell that I'd pay that much to have a field of weeds across the street and Mariner's Harbor AND Arlington just minutes away. :eek::eek:

2) LOL... Did you bring him an apple too?? ;) So that's your secret to high grades and little work. Teacher's pet... ;) Well I tell ya, if he has pull like that then maybe I need to re-enroll into a high school and pretend that I didn't graduate w/honors.

1) And by your logic, who would pay 3 times that to live in Bed-Stuy or Bushwick? Apparently a lot of people.

And those areas are minutes away by car, but on foot, you're talking a 15-20 minute walk.

2) C'mon. You know what the price of an apple is? :P No, I just threaten to call the NAACP if they give me a bad grade. :P

And this is College Now, not a high school class. I'm technically a part-time college student even though I'm only 16.

1) And by your logic, who would pay 3 times that to live in Bed-Stuy or Bushwick? Apparently a lot of people.

And those areas are minutes away by car, but on foot, you're talking a 15-20 minute walk.

Oh please. Those areas are becoming so damn yuppified that it's not even funny. Hell even I've been venturing into Bushwick on the (L) to go to friend's house who have apartments there (condos) and years ago you couldn't have paid me to go there. Even now I still look over my back because I know what these areas used to be and now all I see is mainly white folks which I have to say is weird esp. with all of the abandoned factories and such still about. The last time I was over there going to a birthday party of a friend of mine, I felt uneasy walking over there, but then all I saw was white folks so I was thinking hey if there's white folks here then it can't be too bad and at least it's unlikely that I'll be shot or anything. I mean let's face it. Not too many whites living in the ghettos and the ones that do usually do so because they think it's "cool" to live in the ghetto. LOL I've got white in me and I'm telling you right now that there is no way in hell that someone could pay me to go live in the ghetto. The hell with that. I'll keep my suburban living. Thank you very much.

2) C'mon. You know what the price of an apple is? ;) No, I just threaten to call the NAACP if they give me a bad grade. :P

And this is College Now, not a high school class. I'm technically a part-time college student even though I'm only 16.

You're right. You could just slice the apple into 4s and give him a slice. LOL Speaking of fruit does ShopRite carry organic apples? I did pick up some rasberries (Driscoll's) which I know carries natural and organic rasberries (because I buy those in Whole Foods (ShopRite only carries the natural rasberries but not the organic ones to my knowledge)), but I haven't been around enough to check out their other fruit or I guess I just assumed that the only organic or natural stuff they carry is in select aisles.

As for the College now, well excusssssssssssse me... :P Just don't be like me... Enter college at 17 and finish at 23. LOL Well I had an excuse because I had to take some time off to work and save up and prepare for my study abroad in Italy, but still.

1) Oh please. Those areas are becoming so damn yuppified that it's not even funny. Hell even I've been venturing into Bushwick on the (L) to go to friend's house who have apartments there (condos) and years ago you couldn't have paid me to go there. Even now I still look over my back because I know what these areas used to be and now all I see is mainly white folks which I have to say is weird esp. with all of the abandoned factories and such still about. The last time I was over there going to a birthday party of a friend of mine, I felt uneasy walking over there, but then all I saw was white folks so I was thinking hey if there's white folks here then it can't be too bad and at least it's unlikely that I'll be shot or anything. I mean let's face it. Not too many whites living in the ghettos and the ones that do usually do so because they think it's "cool" to live in the ghetto. LOL I've got white in me and I'm telling you right now that there is no way in hell that someone could pay me to go live in the ghetto. The hell with that. I'll keep my suburban living. Thank you very much.

2) You're right. You could just slice the apple into 4s and give him a slice. LOL Speaking of fruit does ShopRite carry organic apples? I did pick up some rasberries (Driscoll's) which I know carries natural and organic rasberries (because I buy those in Whole Foods (ShopRite only carries the natural rasberries but not the organic ones to my knowledge)), but I haven't been around enough to check out their other fruit or I guess I just assumed that the only organic or natural stuff they carry is in select aisles.

3) As for the College now, well excusssssssssssse me... ;) Just don't be like me... Enter college at 17 and finish at 23. LOL Well I had an excuse because I had to take some time off to work and save up and prepare for my study abroad in Italy, but still.

1) If you saw a lot of White people, you probably weren't in Bushwick proper. You were probably in East Williamsburg. What stop on the (L) was this at? It was probably around Morgan Avenue or something, because Bushwick itself doesn't have a whole lot of abandoned factories.

And as far as living in the ghetto, there are different levels of ghetto, but I know that if I were to live in any ghetto, I wouldn't want to pay the high prices. Ghetto = ghetto prices.

And I don't get you. First you call them prima donnas, and then you say that they're living in worthless houses.

2) I don't think ShopRite carries them, but Stop & Shop might.

3) Well, I'll try to finish ASAP. The sooner I finish, the sooner I can see my pay go up. :tup:

1) If you saw a lot of White people, you probably weren't in Bushwick proper. You were probably in East Williamsburg. What stop on the (L) was this at? It was probably around Morgan Avenue or something, because Bushwick itself doesn't have a whole lot of abandoned factories.

Yeah it was the Morgan Avenue stop. No it's not Bushwick proper, but close enough to Bushwick. Still run down looking in some parts, that's for sure. :eek:

And as far as living in the ghetto, there are different levels of ghetto, but I know that if I were to live in any ghetto, I wouldn't want to pay the high prices. Ghetto = ghetto prices.

LOL

And I don't get you. First you call them prima donnas, and then you say that they're living in worthless houses.

Yeah, they're wanna be prima donnas. They think they're living the life over there because they're in those condos and ride the express bus. LOL I mean as cheap as those condos are over there they should be able to afford the express bus even on a modest salary.

2) I don't think ShopRite carries them, but Stop & Shop might.

3) Well, I'll try to finish ASAP. The sooner I finish, the sooner I can see my pay go up. :tup:

LOL... And then we'll see how much of your tax dollars you want going for programs that you so strongly support.

1) Yeah it was the Morgan Avenue stop. No it's not Bushwick proper, but close enough to Bushwick. Still run down looking in some parts, that's for sure. :eek:

2) LOL

3) Yeah, they're wanna be prima donnas. They think they're living the life over there because they're in those condos and ride the express bus. LOL I mean as cheap as those condos are over there they should be able to afford the express bus even on a modest salary.

4) LOL... And then we'll see how much of your tax dollars you want going for programs that you so strongly support.

1) But it's not Bushwick. That's the point: It's close enough to Williamsburg that it has seen more gentrification and is safer.

In terms of demographics, that area is 29% White (or 50% White if you're on the other side of Bogart Street), whereas most areas in Bushwick are around 3% White. That's a significant difference.

2) Well, it's true. If I'm paying all that money, I want to be living in a decent neighborhood. I don't want to pay to hear gunshots outside my window every night. If that were the case, I'd just move to a less expensive ghetto.

3) And how do you know what goes through their minds? How do you know they think they're "living the life"?

4) I don't think that'll be a problem. Like I said, I oppose waste in the system and this isn't a case of waste.

Archived