Questions about the 1 and the 6

6 Lexington Ave

1. For how long has the (1) been 100% R62A?

2. When the (6) was redbirds and R62As, where there more redbirds or R62As on the line?

1. I think it's been R62A's ever since those cars came in service so around since the late 80's early 90's?

2. What time period? When the R62A's first came in of course there were few in numbers, over time the fleet got bigger and bigger.

2. What time period? When the R62A's first came in of course there were few in numbers, over time the fleet got bigger and bigger.

Well, I'm mostly talking about afar all the R62As came into service. What was the percentage. I don't think it was 50% redbirds-50 % R62A..

Well, I'm mostly talking about afar all the R62As came into service. What was the percentage. I don't think it was 50% redbirds-50 % R62A..

Pre infantile amnesia precludes me from remembering the exact car assignments of the (6) since 1985, but from the 90s on, the (6) was 60/40 or so R62As. The redbirds didn't reign supreme like they use to, but they still had a significant presence.

And yes, the (1) was all R62A since the trains arrived off the boat.

This is a great article on the details of the R62/A program. http://www.nycsubway.org/articles/chiasson-r62.html

1. For how long has the (1) been 100% R62A?

2. When the (6) was redbirds and R62As, where there more redbirds or R62As on the line?

1. The (1) has been 100% R62A since 1987 or 1988.

2. There were slightly more R62A's on the (6). I think dman1455 was spot-on with the percentage.

1986 is probably more like it. '87 was when the 2000's came in, and then spread to the (3), after the (1) long got its fill, and had passed down to the (6) it's entire share.

There was a very brief period afterwards, where an R36 redbird ran on the line.

1986 is probably more like it. '87 was when the 2000's came in, and then spread to the (3), after the (1) long got its fill, and had passed down to the (6) it's entire share.

There was a very brief period afterwards, where an R36 redbird ran on the line.

Guest lance25
Was that the last time the (1) saw a non R-68 train in service?

R142s popped up on the (1) during the water main break on Central Park West last month, as well as late last year, both times to provide extra service on the Bway-7th Ave line. Just naming a few examples off the top of my head.

Guest lance25
Was that the last time the (1) saw a non R-68 train in service?

R142s popped up on the (1) during the water main break on Central Park West last month, as well as late last year, both times to provide extra service on the Bway-7th Ave line. Just naming a few examples off the top of my head.

Archived