Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
R68 Subway Car

Where were you on October 9th, 1971 when......

.....this came out in theaters?

It is the 40th anniversary of the release of one of my favorite movies of all time. It is best known for it's iconic car and train chase. Happy 40th to the French Connection.

I was a sperm in my Dad's tiny penis. My Mom and Dad didn't even meet yet, and my Dad was 7 years old. Also they didn't even immigrate to America at that time along with the fact that my Mom was 10 at the time.

I was a sperm in my Dad's tiny penis. My Mom and Dad didn't even meet yet, and my Dad was 7 years old. Also they didn't even immigrate to America at that time along with the fact that my Mom was 10 at the time.

Yikes. My Mom is old enough to be your Dad's Grandmom roadcrusier lol.;)

I was born about 11 months in Sept. 1972. Man 1971 had some classics that came out. Later that fall around the Thanksgiving Holiday "Shaft" also made it's debut. "Shaft" was also filmed around NYC just like the "French Connection".

I had just turned eleven years old. If I'm not mistaken, it was rated R and I wasn't allowed to see it. Seeing those old R17s sure brings back memories, however.

I had just turned eleven years old. If I'm not mistaken, it was rated R and I wasn't allowed to see it. Seeing those old R17s sure brings back memories, however.

I was still a tickle in my dad's balls

i was still an egg and sperm at the time. my sister was 7 months into formation of the body.

i am get disgusted......lol

Anyway.....Never seen the movie before...might be my next choice to watch when im bored lol

I was still a tickle in my dad's balls

i was still an egg and sperm at the time. my sister was 7 months into formation of the body.

Anyway.....Never seen the movie before...might be my next choice to watch when im bored lol

Good call tvega961. French Connection is a classic but the opening part of that film is dull. It picks up in the famous car scene through Brooklyn. Don't want to spoil it but it's a great view to see NYC lifestyle/culture including the subway cars of that era in the early 1970's.

Also "Shaft' is a good to watch as well. Although the film itself is not great the movie soundtrack is still among the best of all time.

Happy movie watching.:cool:

Good call tvega961. French Connection is a classic but the opening part of that film is dull. It picks up in the famous car scene through Brooklyn. Don't want to spoil it but it's a great view to see NYC lifestyle/culture including the subway cars of that era in the early 1970's.

Also "Shaft' is a good to watch as well. Although the film itself is not great the movie soundtrack is still among the best of all time.

Happy movie watching.:cool:

Is this the movie where there were scenes on the West End Line? My dad was 10 years old back then and I am 100% sure that I didn't exist in that time.

Is this the movie where there were scenes on the West End Line? My dad was 10 years old back then and I am 100% sure that I didn't exist in that time.