LFSA 1220 Broke Down on the Bx12

R188 7857

Just riding the Bx12 SBS when my bus broke down at the Fordham Rd. (4) train station. But not only did it brake down, all the power on that bus was gone. We almost got trapped on the bus! Luckily, the driver opened the door and then the bus shut down. There was nothing they could do! You can't even turn on the lights on the thing....All the power and I mean ALL the power was just gone.. The next bus was already crush loaded, and my bro and mom got a seat.

I got some shots by my bro, but posting them next week.

Just riding the Bx12 SBS when my bus broke down at the Fordham Rd. (4) train station. But not only did it brake down, all the power on that bus was gone. We almost got trapped on the bus! Luckily, the driver opened the door and then the bus shut down. There was nothing they could do! You can't even turn on the lights on the thing....All the power and I mean ALL the power was just gone.. The next bus was already crush loaded, and my bro and mom got a seat.

I got some shots by my bro, but posting them next week.

Those Novas are BEAT UP...and when I say beat up I mean it. Dried gum on windows, heaps of scrachitti, garbage at the rear window, etc. etc.

Edit :

To add on to that, I find Gun Hill Nova LFSA's more beat up than 126 Nova LFSA's.

Those Novas are BEAT UP...and when I say beat up I mean it. Dried gum on windows, heaps of scrachitti, garbage at the rear window, etc. etc.

Edit :

To add on to that, I find Gun Hill Nova LFSA's more beat up than 126 Nova LFSA's.

Edit :

I'm not surprised this happened considering Gun Hill's terrible maintenance. Side Note:126th street Nova LFS-A's are not really beat-up, except for 1239, 1268, and 1272, other then that 126th street Nova's are fine.

Edit :

I'm not surprised this happened considering Gun Hill's terrible maintenance. Side Note:126th street Nova LFS-A's are not really beat-up, except for 1239, 1268, and 1272, other then that 126th street Nova's are fine.

That happens all the time. All u gotta do is turn off the main power switch and wait for 5 minutes. It's usually all good after that. And even if the driver couldn't get the doors open before the shutdown, all they have to do is pull out the air dump valve and the front doors will b able to open manually

That happens all the time. All u gotta do is turn off the main power switch and wait for 5 minutes. It's usually all good after that. And even if the driver couldn't get the doors open before the shutdown, all they have to do is pull out the air dump valve and the front doors will b able to open manually

I saw 1220 at Jerome Ave @ about 7:15pm last night with an (MTA) vehicle behind it trying to restore the power

A bit off topic but i remember seeing 7780 stay overnight at a bus stop while it was being repaired.

I was on that bus between 1:00 and 2:00....wow it takes so long just to restore some power...And yeah it broke down at the Fordham Rd (4) station.

I saw 1220 at Jerome Ave @ about 7:15pm last night with an (MTA) vehicle behind it trying to restore the power

A bit off topic but i remember seeing 7780 stay overnight at a bus stop while it was being repaired.

I was on that bus between 1:00 and 2:00....wow it takes so long just to restore some power...And yeah it broke down at the Fordham Rd (4) station.

• 2 weeks later...
And even if the driver couldn't get the doors open before the shutdown, all they have to do is pull out the air dump valve and the front doors will b able to open manually

That's the basic way; and if all else failed with the doors, then you could've broken the emergency handle to release the door pressure that way.

If the bus can't be fixed on the spot, they'll tell the driver to go back to the depot and the tow truck will come (eventually) and pick it up

If the bus can't be fixed on the spot, they'll tell the driver to go back to the depot and the tow truck will come (eventually) and pick it up

theres only 3 road trucks running between 11:30pm and 7:30am so sometimes buses will be out there all night...

Archived