Turnstile Jumper at Spring Street (C)(E)

MattTrain

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

LMAO.... Well hey I don't blame him... It's not like the (MTA) is doing anything... Besides they are clearly in denial when it comes to farebeating being a problem. They'd rather cut service on a bus or subway line than be responsible and stop the farebeating. This is a nice bold way to disrespect the (MTA). My question is anyone at the (MTA) looking at this and what is their reaction to it?

LMAO.... Well hey I don't blame him... It's not like the (MTA) is doing anything... Besides they are clearly in denial when it comes to farebeating being a problem. They'd rather cut service on a bus or subway line than be responsible and stop the farebeating. This is a nice bold way to disrespect the (MTA). My question is anyone at the (MTA) looking at this and what is their reaction to it?

Then why don't you farebeat?

I used to take the C/E (at spring) to 34th st, to this pizza spot I sometimes hit up for lunch, over on W 31st... I have yet to see this dude in action, or anywhere around the area... lol....

this guy kinda looks like "the kid from brooklyn" from the side....

whatever happened to that dude anyway? his vids/rants used to be funny as hell.....

Guest lance25

Here's a problem with your logic: the (MTA) is still providing a service, regardless of how much the service has been reduced as of late. That service ain't free. Sure, your bus route may have been cut or your train may not run as frequently as before. That doesn't entitle you to a free ride. You know, for someone who was so damn adamant against fare-beating in the bus section, you sure do seem to endorse it here, as long as it's a "protest against the service cuts". Quite interesting, no?

You act like a rebel over the dumbest sh!t. You'll vote for the most establishment, corporatist Republicans but you think jumping a turnstile and conning the taxpayer out of two bucks is "a nice bold way to disrespect the MTA?" Get your life straight man.

I don't need to get anything straight. You need to stop going ape sh!t with your Republican rhetoric and relax.

Then why don't you farebeat?

First of all where did I say I was endorsing farebeating??? I simply said I don't blame him for doing it. That doesn't mean that I endorse farebeating. That simply means that I can see why he's doing it because he knows he won't be caught. It's very evident that he's doing it on purpose as a sort of middle finger.

Here's a problem with your logic: the (MTA) is still providing a service, regardless of how much the service has been reduced as of late. That service ain't free. Sure, your bus route may have been cut or your train may not run as frequently as before. That doesn't entitle you to a free ride. You know, for someone who was so damn adamant against fare-beating in the bus section, you sure do seem to endorse it here, as long as it's a "protest against the service cuts". Quite interesting, no?

Where did I say all of that??? I simply said I can understand his actions. That doesn't mean I'm necessarily endorsing it. I'm simply saying that this what happens when there is no enforcement. People become bold and simply take advantage as this guy is doing. As for you telling me about entitlement, I know all of that. The question does the (MTA) know this?? That's what I asked before.

The three of you crack me up. Always looking to pounce on something when there is nothing to pounce on. I'm not the one farebeating so you guys should be directing this at the guy in the video and not me.

First of all where did I say I was endorsing farebeating???
This is a nice bold way to disrespect the (MTA).

This sounds awfully like endorsing farebeating...

And what puzzles me (and I'm sure it's not only me) is that you're okay with farebeating, while at the same time being up in arms when the MTA inevitably cuts precious, ridiculously unprofitable (some, not all) express buses.

And I'll repeat my question: if there's no enforcement, and farebeating is such a noble way to protest, why don't you do it?

This sounds awfully like endorsing farebeating...

And what puzzles me (and I'm sure it's not only me) is that you're okay with farebeating, while at the same time being up in arms when the MTA inevitably cuts precious, ridiculously unprofitable (some, not all) express buses.

And I'll repeat my question: if there's no enforcement, and farebeating is such a noble way to protest, why don't you do it?

You can repeat it all you want because there is nothing for me to answer. I have said numerous times in numerous threads that I am against farebeating. You took what I said and interpreted it the way that you wanted (as usual) so continue to do so. Understanding why someone does something and endorsing it is not the same thing.

Then why are you calling it a nice bold way to protest? That shows some level of approval.

Yes and you clearly don't know sarcasm from me when you see it. I also asked "is anyone at the (MTA) looking at this and what is their reaction to it?" because this is about as bold as it gets in terms of farebeating.

Yes and you clearly don't know sarcasm from me when you see it. I also asked "is anyone at the (MTA) looking at this and what is their reaction to it?" because this is about as bold as it gets in terms of farebeating.

As you know, sarcasm travels very well over the internet.:o

Smilies help.

As you know, sarcasm travels very well over the internet.:o

Smilies help.

Well by now I shouldn't have to use smilies, seeing how many discussions I've had about farebeating and being against it. Checkmate is the king of defending farebeating and I'm the complete opposite.

It doesn't matter what you think, you're committing a CRIME by jumping that turnstile. You're stealing a service. There's no excuse for committing that crime, even if you're trying to "disrespect the (MTA)".

Archived