Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.

False Wall At Jamaica Center Lower Level

Queens Surface

While I was walking to the escalators at Jamaica Center on the (J) platform, I noticed that on the left side of the layup tracks where there is usually a R42 sitting on weekends, that there was a false wall. Anyone have any clue about why the false wall was installed?

While I was walking to the escalators at Jamaica Center on the (J) platform, I noticed that on the left side of the layup tracks where there is usually a R42 sitting on weekends, that there was a false wall. Anyone have any clue about why the false wall was installed?

I know what you're talking about. That wall has been there since the beginning of last year...maybe longer. Unfortunately I don't know what it's for.

I know what you're talking about. That wall has been there since the beginning of last year...maybe longer. Unfortunately I don't know what it's for.

Jamaica Center is one of the pilot stations for the rat-proofing program, maybe that's why?

Jamaica Center is one of the pilot stations for the rat-proofing program, maybe that's why?

I go to Jamaica Center on a regular basis. As far as I am concerned, that wall looks real. I know for a fact that the (E)'s tracks were designed to go further out to Queens.

They used to be designated for the (G) and (N) before plans changed.

I go to Jamaica Center on a regular basis. As far as I am concerned, that wall looks real. I know for a fact that the (E)'s tracks were designed to go further out to Queens.

They used to be designated for the (G) and (N) before plans changed.

Archived