68th Street Rehab (NIMBYism at its Finest)

Guest Lance

Agreed, especially since I've tried to point out that these are likely a small bunch of people more concerned about their legacies and what they leave behind for heirs than what the greater good is.

As said, I would be looking to build the entrance as far north as possible without building a station extension between 69th and 70th on Lexington if these people are going to be that insistent.

Yeah, based on what evidence?? :confused: What has convinced you so much that this is the case??

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do wonder how the CB8 board feels about this new development, because those residents basically circumvented the Board with this legal move.

I'm waiting for the :lock: because this thread has devolved into a circlejerk involving only one person...

You're right, everything that can be said has been said, until further development.

Yeah, based on what evidence?? :confused: What has convinced you so much that this is the case??

Based on the fact I used to go through that neighborhood on an almost-daily basis for several years and saw first hand many of the people who lived there at that time. If it's the same people, they are the type more concerned now about their legacies and what they are passing on to their heirs at this point as opposed to what may be the greater good.

As said, what I would be looking to do here if it gets them off the backs is to have the subway entrance be as far north on Lexington between 69th and 70th as possible without having to extend the station to accommodate a new entrance, with such an entrance going to the very northern end of the 68th Street station.

As also said, I'd be looking to add a second entrance/exit to the southern end of the 77th Street station at 76th street on the (6) for students of Wagner Junior High and Eleanor Roosevelt High School, both of which are on 76th street.

Guest lance25

@Wallyhorse: Let's take one renovation project at a time. Hm?

@Everyone else: After giving it some thought, I've decided to lock this down until more information comes out.

Archived