Post your most recent purchase

YankeesPwnMets

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most recent "big" purchase would have to be the pieces to my latest PC: AMD Phenom II X6 and an MSI 990FXA-GD65 mainboard. I'm planning on upgrading my graphics card from an X800 to something a little beefier, but I hate spending too much money at one time.

Most recent "big" purchase would have to be the pieces to my latest PC: AMD Phenom II X6 and an MSI 990FXA-GD65 mainboard. I'm planning on upgrading my graphics card from an X800 to something a little beefier, but I hate spending too much money at one time.

I had to have these two things, because I lost internet connection to everything execept the PC I'm using now, and I thought that getting a new graphics card for my work computer wouldn't be all that bad of an idea

And you got a 990FX computer... pretty impressive. I'd add along a $150 Radeon 6790 with that to spice it up

I had to have these two things, because I lost internet connection to everything execept the PC I'm using now, and I thought that getting a new graphics card for my work computer wouldn't be all that bad of an idea

And you got a 990FX computer... pretty impressive. I'd add along a $150 Radeon 6790 with that to spice it up

Let's see I got a $1,150.00 laptop last month and then a $630.00 32" flat screen TV for starters... :cool: I just call them birthday gifts... Next week sometime I'll be heading to SAKS to redo my shirt collection, so that's bound to be rather expensive at $200.00 - $250.00 a shirt. :eek:

I guess I can start off the non-related computer purchase?

Me and a friend just purchased this for our next project.

2jzu.jpg

@Via Garibaldi 8 ;; $630 for a 32"? That seems overpriced at this point. I remember last year my 42" was $800, 32" should be a lot cheaper these days.

I guess I can start off the non-related computer purchase?

Me and a friend just purchased this for our next project.

2jzu.jpg

@Via Garibaldi 8 ;; $630 for a 32"? That seems overpriced at this point. I remember last year my 42" was $800, 32" should be a lot cheaper these days.

It's a 32" LED LCD screen that's why... This TV is going for about $750.00 at the normal price. The regular LCD 32" TVs are selling for about $378.00 or so. I think the picture quality is pretty good now that I tuned it a bit and it's only running off of an analog connection. It's not too far from the quality of a plasma TV. If I switch to FiOS for my cable provider (which I may do since I already have FiOS for internet, then the picture quality will be even more crisp. :cool:

It's a 32" LED LCD screen that's why... This TV is going for about $750.00 at the normal price. The regular LCD 32" TVs are selling for about $378.00 or so. I think the picture quality is pretty good now that I tuned it a bit and it's only running off of an analog connection. It's not too far from the quality of a plasma TV. If I switch to FiOS for my cable provider (which I may do since I already have FiOS for internet, then the picture quality will be even more crisp. :cool:

I'm unsure if I should bother with a dual-card setup or if I should stick to a single graphics card. I've always been partial to ATI (now AMD) so i'm pretty much leaning towards a Radeon.

Depends on your game.

Most games can support Crossfire, but games like GTA IV shit on themselves with Crossfire

I'm unsure if I should bother with a dual-card setup or if I should stick to a single graphics card. I've always been partial to ATI (now AMD) so i'm pretty much leaning towards a Radeon.

Depends on your game.

Most games can support Crossfire, but games like GTA IV shit on themselves with Crossfire

Archived