Post your most recent purchase

YankeesPwnMets

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The TV I can understand....but what about the $200.00-$250.00 shirts?:eek:

What about them? They're dress shirts for work or nights out in the city or high end restaurants and such. I'm 6'4" and have long arms, so these shirts are pratically custom made to meet my needs and they last a long time. Very high end shirts made from Italian cotton and made in Italy. I wash them in hot water and hang them to dry and they last me a good 3-5 years, so they're worth it. They're also very easy to iron as well, as the cotton is not that cheap garbage found with most shirts. :cool:

During December what I do sometimes is go when they're having an end of the season sale and I'll get the 6 - 7 or so shirts at $120.00 a pop or so, as they're marked down about 50% or so. Of course I get frowns if the salesman is a snob, but most of them don't mind at all since it is more commission for them. The last time I went this snob salesman in SAKS asked me if I was trying on the same brand and I said yes and he said well we usually have a limit as to how many shirts you can try on at once and I just gave him a look like yeah, you're taking me to a f****g try-on room and I'm trying on these shirts and you should've seen the look in his face. He looked like he could've sh****d in his pants. LOL And that was that. :cool:

The TV I can understand....but what about the $200.00-$250.00 shirts?:eek:

What about them? They're dress shirts for work or nights out in the city or high end restaurants and such. I'm 6'4" and have long arms, so these shirts are pratically custom made to meet my needs and they last a long time. Very high end shirts made from Italian cotton and made in Italy. I wash them in hot water and hang them to dry and they last me a good 3-5 years, so they're worth it. They're also very easy to iron as well, as the cotton is not that cheap garbage found with most shirts. :cool:

During December what I do sometimes is go when they're having an end of the season sale and I'll get the 6 - 7 or so shirts at $120.00 a pop or so, as they're marked down about 50% or so. Of course I get frowns if the salesman is a snob, but most of them don't mind at all since it is more commission for them. The last time I went this snob salesman in SAKS asked me if I was trying on the same brand and I said yes and he said well we usually have a limit as to how many shirts you can try on at once and I just gave him a look like yeah, you're taking me to a f****g try-on room and I'm trying on these shirts and you should've seen the look in his face. He looked like he could've sh****d in his pants. LOL And that was that. :cool:

I guess I can start off the non-related computer purchase?

Me and a friend just purchased this for our next project.

2jzu.jpg

@Via Garibaldi 8 ;; $630 for a 32"? That seems overpriced at this point. I remember last year my 42" was $800, 32" should be a lot cheaper these days.

Swapping it into a [insert Toyota that has more power than a Sienna but less than the Tacoma]?

If food purchases count, these Oreos that I bought... that I finished all but five of.

I guess I can start off the non-related computer purchase?

Me and a friend just purchased this for our next project.

2jzu.jpg

@Via Garibaldi 8 ;; $630 for a 32"? That seems overpriced at this point. I remember last year my 42" was $800, 32" should be a lot cheaper these days.

Swapping it into a [insert Toyota that has more power than a Sienna but less than the Tacoma]?

If food purchases count, these Oreos that I bought... that I finished all but five of.

I'm assuming you don't know cars that well. Yes, obviously the motor is a Toyota, it has considerably more power then a Sienna and also the Tacoma. Motor was from a T-boned Supra, swapping into a '95 240sx.

I'm assuming you don't know cars that well. Yes, obviously the motor is a Toyota, it has considerably more power then a Sienna and also the Tacoma. Motor was from a T-boned Supra, swapping into a '95 240sx.

If it's high-end dress shirts you're interested in you might also want to consider the guys at The Ministry of Supply (see http://cartesiandesign.com in about a week or so for preorders.) The company was founded by four MIT alums who essentially engineered a more comfortable dress shirt. The fabric is artificial, but largely indistinguishable from cotton (except less wrinkle-prone) and domestically sourced, and special features like silver-bonded fiber/polyester panels under the arms to regulate heat and inhibit odor make them (at least in theory) more comfortable than your standard cotton dress shirt. I'm not sure how much they're gonna cost on preorder, but as long as they're not >$300 apiece you might want to try one or two and see how they work for you.

If it's high-end dress shirts you're interested in you might also want to consider the guys at The Ministry of Supply (see http://cartesiandesign.com in about a week or so for preorders.) The company was founded by four MIT alums who essentially engineered a more comfortable dress shirt. The fabric is artificial, but largely indistinguishable from cotton (except less wrinkle-prone) and domestically sourced, and special features like silver-bonded fiber/polyester panels under the arms to regulate heat and inhibit odor make them (at least in theory) more comfortable than your standard cotton dress shirt. I'm not sure how much they're gonna cost on preorder, but as long as they're not >$300 apiece you might want to try one or two and see how they work for you.

I know plenty, I was just poking a bit of fun. I wasn't expecting the 240SX bit, though.

Counting real purchases, the last big purchase I made was the WD hard drive I bought last Monday along with a case for it.

I know plenty, I was just poking a bit of fun. I wasn't expecting the 240SX bit, though.

Counting real purchases, the last big purchase I made was the WD hard drive I bought last Monday along with a case for it.

That's a relief, I chose the 2JZ, because everyone and their mom's does a SR20 swap or RB25 swap. I was thinking of a VQ swap or VH but I don't see too much of 2JZ, I already know the wiring will be a pain.

Another addition to purchases, my Forza 4 pre-order was just shipped. :tup:

That's a relief, I chose the 2JZ, because everyone and their mom's does a SR20 swap or RB25 swap. I was thinking of a VQ swap or VH but I don't see too much of 2JZ, I already know the wiring will be a pain.

Daves-Hot-N-Juicy-Cheeseburger-from-Wendys.jpg

Only Wendy's burger that interests me is a double Baconator, no cheese. Good stuff, that is. Their new fries aren't so great, but whatever.

I'd just love to have my license at this rate. The whole LIB thing has taught me so much, but I'm sorry, I can't imagine Veolia managing anything any more smoothly. Every day I get on a crowded bus I ask myself why...

I was trying to save money for FM4, but yeah, that didn't go too well. I just remember scraping up enough money for FM3 in 2009, but then a family situation happened the day before it came out and it ruined the mood for me. FM3 was still enough to keep me away from MW2 for months. No one at my GS picked it up but me, from all the cases I saw. That flash drive the CE came with was awesome, and that's my backup/mobile XBox flash drive for when I leave and don't feel like taking my HDD out. Probably not going to get FM4 until well after my birthday; anyway, the only DLC from the last game that interested me was the one with all the race cars and prototypes.

Daves-Hot-N-Juicy-Cheeseburger-from-Wendys.jpg

Only Wendy's burger that interests me is a double Baconator, no cheese. Good stuff, that is. Their new fries aren't so great, but whatever.

I'd just love to have my license at this rate. The whole LIB thing has taught me so much, but I'm sorry, I can't imagine Veolia managing anything any more smoothly. Every day I get on a crowded bus I ask myself why...

I was trying to save money for FM4, but yeah, that didn't go too well. I just remember scraping up enough money for FM3 in 2009, but then a family situation happened the day before it came out and it ruined the mood for me. FM3 was still enough to keep me away from MW2 for months. No one at my GS picked it up but me, from all the cases I saw. That flash drive the CE came with was awesome, and that's my backup/mobile XBox flash drive for when I leave and don't feel like taking my HDD out. Probably not going to get FM4 until well after my birthday; anyway, the only DLC from the last game that interested me was the one with all the race cars and prototypes.

Ugh.... Those collars look terrible and the material certainly isn't worth >$300.00 a shirt. My shirts are well fitted with a nice Euro cut and I always get mitered cuffs with a nice spread away collar so that my ties and such look neat, and even when I'm not wearing a tie I still garner the same level of respect.

Here's a shirt that is more of my style and the collar is nice and neat too aka spread away or cut away collars...

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_zSOfliFm4I0/S8aJbdYkEEI/AAAAAAAAAQk/HTOZZ7YeHog/s400/thomaspink...+extreme+cut+away+collar.PNG

And my cuffs must be either French or mittered cuffs. Those rounded cuffs look cheap and sloppy. :eek::eek:

Mitered cuff [i usually prefer my mitered cuffs with just one button and the English style shirts I'll get with two. Years ago I had a wonderful Burberry shirt that was Made in the UK with very nice cuffs. Now I wouldn't touch a Burberry shirt. They're Made in China I believe, with [i]some[/i] items being Made in Italy, but even so it's so yesterday. Everyone wears that garbage now. :P

http://www.bivolino.com/ImagesSSO/Mitered%20cuff%202%20buttons%20men.jpg

French cuff

http://www.tailorinstyle.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/french_cuff_dress_shirt.jpg

Ugh.... Those collars look terrible and the material certainly isn't worth >$300.00 a shirt. My shirts are well fitted with a nice Euro cut and I always get mitered cuffs with a nice spread away collar so that my ties and such look neat, and even when I'm not wearing a tie I still garner the same level of respect.

Here's a shirt that is more of my style and the collar is nice and neat too aka spread away or cut away collars...

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_zSOfliFm4I0/S8aJbdYkEEI/AAAAAAAAAQk/HTOZZ7YeHog/s400/thomaspink...+extreme+cut+away+collar.PNG

And my cuffs must be either French or mittered cuffs. Those rounded cuffs look cheap and sloppy. :eek::eek:

Mitered cuff [i usually prefer my mitered cuffs with just one button and the English style shirts I'll get with two. Years ago I had a wonderful Burberry shirt that was Made in the UK with very nice cuffs. Now I wouldn't touch a Burberry shirt. They're Made in China I believe, with [i]some[/i] items being Made in Italy, but even so it's so yesterday. Everyone wears that garbage now. :P

http://www.bivolino.com/ImagesSSO/Mitered%20cuff%202%20buttons%20men.jpg

French cuff

http://www.tailorinstyle.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/french_cuff_dress_shirt.jpg

Archived