Post your most recent purchase

YankeesPwnMets

Not withstanding to him, but in general, I do think the prices on 20 oz. sodas are a ripoff... If I do get sprites (which is the only soda I drink), it's always the cans (I'd rather pay a dollar for a can, than $1.50 for a bottle).... I was just talkin about that w/ my homegirls yesterday... we were reminiscing when you could by a slice & a soda for 2 bucks... when you could buy a pie & a 2 liter for less than $10....

when it comes to ripoff prices of sodas, snacks, etc., I'm convinced... nothin is worse than those hudson news'.... $1.19 for a 25 cent bag of chips? 2.00 for a 20 oz....

LOL... Hudson News is a big rip off... I go to the one in Grand Central to get my Italian newspaper. I buy that w/my Amex, but other than that I wouldn't buy any food there. Way overpriced. There's another smaller one over by the Chase ATM on the main floor, but I don't go in that one. If they don't have my newspaper in the big one on the main floor, then there's another newsstand over by that Bank of America that I go to, but I only get the Italian paper if I'm eating at the Spanish restaurant "Fonda del Sol" there in Grand Central, this way I have something to read while I wait for my lunch and such.

But yeah, I remember when those sodas were cheaper than that. When the no frills soda companies started making the 20 ozs that's when the big names came out with their 20 ozs since they were losing money. I think in Brooklyn those no frills 20 ozs were like $.50 cents or something. Once the big names started to get folks to drink their stuff again that's when the prices started to creep up little by little. I don't mess w/the regular sodas anymore. Too much sugar and preservatives for me, but when I did drink soda, I would usually go for Sprite as well since there's no caffeine and just stick with the 12 oz can this way I didn't OD on sugar.

The "sodas" I get are $2.69 for the 20 oz but they're natural herbal tea drinks with a lot less sugar and more health benefits since they're all natural and herbal teas and not loaded with sugar or corn syrup and that other crap. The brand is called "Carpe Diem" and they're imported herbal tea drinks from Austria, with a nice little fizz to them just like soda. I get them as a treat here and there when I get bored with sparkling water (Perrier, San Benedetto, San Pellegrino, Gerolsteiner, Voss, etc.) and they'll sell them for 2 for $4.00 at Whole Foods.

I also drink GuS' Grown Up sodas too, which also has a lot less sugar and is all natural. They use sparkling water for the fizz and natural juice. Those I can get in Grand Central in the food court downstairs at Manhattan Chili which serves natural products, or I pick up one or two at Whole Foods when they're on sale. They're usually about $2.50 at the regular price for a 12 oz bottle.

~100 on lunch/day.... 500 a week... 2000 a month... 24k/year....

do what you want w/ your money... I still find it funny that some ppl. don't even earn 24k a year, and here you are pretty much eatin & poopin/shittin that away just on lunch every weekday....

I aint sayin get ya checkmatechamp on, but you don't find that to be a little over the top.... just a little?

LOL... I don't spend a $100.00 on lunch every day... Today I got lunch for $22.00. If I go to Whole Foods, I'll spend $20 - 30, but that includes lunch and dinner. I was off yesterday and hadn't eaten at Tarallucci e vino since 2010 sometime so I went and had a good time. I don't necessarily eat a ton. I had a Mortadella and Emmanthaler panino with some greens on the side and a mushroom, truffle and goat cheese risotto as the main meal and then a nutella brioche for dessert. Keep in mind that I don't eat breakfast and I didn't have dinner yesterday since I ate around 15:00 or so. I just had some Kashi cereal w/organic skim milk later that evening.

I like wine so I usually get three glasses and that runs me $40.00 or more, so that's where the money goes. Of course I need a macchiato as well to wake me up so throw in $3.50 for that.

But yes, I do spend a bit on food a month. I don't always go out to eat, so let's say when I'm being moderate I usually spend about $700.00 a month on food, which averages out to about $22.00 a day at Whole Foods. I believe in quality though, so it's not that I'm a slob, I just have high standards. Checkmate has seen me twice now, so he can attest to the fact that I far from obese.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's it for me for a while. Spent $2,000.00 at Bloomingdales just now... Coat from Italy was $1,000.00 alone. I got three dress shirts and a jacket with the other $1,000.00. :cool:

*Waits for the day a clumsy waiter spills red wine all over your $2000 worth of clothes* ;)

Thou on a serious note, do you really feel comfortable walking around with such expensive clothes? I don't think I'd feel comfortable wearing a $300 jacket alone.

*Waits for the day a clumsy waiter spills red wine all over your $2000 worth of clothes* :P

Thou on a serious note, do you really feel comfortable walking around with such expensive clothes? I don't think I'd feel comfortable wearing a $300 jacket alone.

Yeah well to be honest I really don't even think about it. You only think about it if you're not used to wearing expensive things. I don't like people banging in to me in general regardless to whether I'm wearing an expensive Italian shirt or just an inexpensive American made t-shirt. Once I was wearing these Italian leather calf shoes (I think they were $600.00, but I don't even remember, probably because I've had many pairs of expensive shoes) and yes this fat clumsy waiter was nice enough to spill milk on them as he was serving another table near me and I gave him the "you ******* moron" look. I was more annoyed about his clumsiness than anything.

You have to realize that no matter how expensive something is it can be replaced and it is only a material item. Yeah will I be annoyed if I mess up my $1,000 jacket? Yeah, but I mean once it's damaged it's damaged so it is what it is. Speaking of which the other less expensive Canadian jacket which I got at $375.00 that I bought, the genius sales' lady forget to remove the security tag off of it, so I removed it myself, but didn't realize that it has an ink label inside so it ruined the coat. No biggie though. I'm taking it back today and exchanging it since it was her fault. Stores like Saks and Bloomingdales are pretty cool with that stuff. Once I bought a $1,600.00 watch about 5 years ago or so from Saks, wore it maybe 2 months and then decided that I didn't want it and took it back to Saks and was refunded in full.

In sum, I'm used to expensive stuff, but I also have inexpensive things as well that I wear. My thing is whatever I get needs to be of quality because even expensive things can be made like ****.

More likely than not Vittorio's posts. At least those cigars will last you some time, unlike $100.00+ entrees and bottles of wine.

That's one thing I would never do with wine. I'll buy up to a $50.00 bottle of wine, but no more than that. I mean yesterday the bottle of Cote du Rhone that I got was $35.00 and it was perfectly fine. I drank the bottle over dinner and while watching the hockey games. Gave me 3 nice sized glasses. Some of the more expensive wines are terrible so I'd see it as a waste of money.

Now $600.00 for shoes may seem absurd, but if you actually wear them as you should wear them and just have them re-soled when needed, then those shoes can last for years. Aside from that hand-made shoes are unique since they aren't mass produced and take much longer to make along with the high quality materials used with them and are made by skilled cobblers. Of course there are $600.00 shoes that are pure garbage, so it all depends on the brand.

....said I was gonna get back to this... so here it is:

LOL... Hudson News is a big rip off... I go to the one in Grand Central to get my Italian newspaper. I buy that w/my Amex, but other than that I wouldn't buy any food there. Way overpriced. There's another smaller one over by the Chase ATM on the main floor, but I don't go in that one. If they don't have my newspaper in the big one on the main floor, then there's another newsstand over by that Bank of America that I go to, but I only get the Italian paper if I'm eating at the Spanish restaurant "Fonda del Sol" there in Grand Central, this way I have something to read while I wait for my lunch and such.

But yeah, I remember when those sodas were cheaper than that. When the no frills soda companies started making the 20 ozs that's when the big names came out with their 20 ozs since they were losing money. I think in Brooklyn those no frills 20 ozs were like $.50 cents or something. Once the big names started to get folks to drink their stuff again that's when the prices started to creep up little by little.

same here.... only reason really I go in a hudson news is to break change for a $20 (b/c I don't want a shitload of dollar coins when I buy a NJT bus ticket through the TVM's).... and it's always spent on a periodical, or a wordfind (puzzle) or somethin.... never nothin to snack on.... there's like 10 of em in PABT alone....

I don't ever remember the 20 ouncers ever being 50 cents; cheapest I remember them being is $1.... when they shot up to 1.25 is when I buying less of them..... but anyway, yeh, when coca-cola started losing money, is when the prices of soda (in general) shot up.... Some places charge $1.25 for a canned soda; hell, at that point, I may as well start buying 2-liters....

that's another thing.... I've been in places where 1 liter soda's are more expensive than 2 liters.... for the life of me, I don't understand that.... my best guesses is that:

- ppl. are less likely to walk down the street drinkin a 2 liter...

- 2 liters go flat, faster......

....speakin of which, those dam 3 liter soda's took the cake when it came to goin flat.... you had to finish them things within like 2 or 3 days after it was opened (same thing I find w/ a gallon milk; it spoils faster, that's why I don't buy them)

LOL... I don't spend a $100.00 on lunch every day... Today I got lunch for $22.00. If I go to Whole Foods, I'll spend $20 - 30, but that includes lunch and dinner. I was off yesterday and hadn't eaten at Tarallucci e vino since 2010 sometime so I went and had a good time. I don't necessarily eat a ton. I had a Mortadella and Emmanthaler panino with some greens on the side and a mushroom, truffle and goat cheese risotto as the main meal and then a nutella brioche for dessert. Keep in mind that I don't eat breakfast and I didn't have dinner yesterday since I ate around 15:00 or so. I just had some Kashi cereal w/organic skim milk later that evening.

I like wine so I usually get three glasses and that runs me $40.00 or more, so that's where the money goes. Of course I need a macchiato as well to wake me up so throw in $3.50 for that.

But yes, I do spend a bit on food a month. I don't always go out to eat, so let's say when I'm being moderate I usually spend about $700.00 a month on food, which averages out to about $22.00 a day at Whole Foods. I believe in quality though, so it's not that I'm a slob, I just have high standards. Checkmate has seen me twice now, so he can attest to the fact that I far from obese.

In prior posts (well, pretty much any convo where we start talkin about food... lol), you give off the impression that you spennin franklin's on lunch erry day (incl. w/ the wine).... I wasn't tryna gauge how much you eat..... It's the fact that "100 dollars on lunch" just screams WTF to a lot of working class people (myself included).....

if I go to one of these lunch buffets over here, it usually comes out b/w 22-25 bucks.... I go ham when this one buffet makes their lasagna or their ziti; 2 of those styrofoam trays pans out to almost 50 bucks....

(I don't mean I put actual ham on my lasagna or ziti, either)

....as far as regular grocery shopping, for me, it gets up to around 125/week..... I remember growin up when I went grocery shoppin w/ my granma, she'd be pushin one cart, I'd be pushin one cart... we'd be on line for like 45 mins to an hour, and the total would get up to like 300 dollars....

....that cut into my gunstar heroes/killer instinct/streetfighter 2/sonic the hedgehog 2 time !

....said I was gonna get back to this... so here it is:

same here.... only reason really I go in a hudson news is to break change for a $20 (b/c I don't want a shitload of dollar coins when I buy a NJT bus ticket through the TVM's).... and it's always spent on a periodical, or a wordfind (puzzle) or somethin.... never nothin to snack on.... there's like 10 of em in PABT alone....

I don't ever remember the 20 ouncers ever being 50 cents; cheapest I remember them being is $1.... when they shot up to 1.25 is when I buying less of them..... but anyway, yeh, when coca-cola started losing money, is when the prices of soda (in general) shot up.... Some places charge $1.25 for a canned soda; hell, at that point, I may as well start buying 2-liters....

that's another thing.... I've been in places where 1 liter soda's are more expensive than 2 liters.... for the life of me, I don't understand that.... my best guesses is that:

- ppl. are less likely to walk down the street drinkin a 2 liter...

- 2 liters go flat, faster......

....speakin of which, those dam 3 liter soda's took the cake when it came to goin flat.... you had to finish them things within like 2 or 3 days after it was opened (same thing I find w/ a gallon milk; it spoils faster, that's why I don't buy them)

Well yeah the bigger the quantity usually the cheaper it is. It's like Bounty. The 2 pack is like $4.50 or something. Meanwhile I can get an 8 pack sometimes for $9.99 on sale, but it seems like the 2 pack sells better because they're easier to carry around, etc. and they sell better.

In prior posts (well, pretty much any convo where we start talkin about food... lol), you give off the impression that you spennin franklin's on lunch erry day (incl. w/ the wine).... I wasn't tryna gauge how much you eat..... It's the fact that "100 dollars on lunch" just screams WTF to a lot of working class people (myself included).....

if I go to one of these lunch buffets over here, it usually comes out b/w 22-25 bucks.... I go ham when this one buffet makes their lasagna or their ziti; 2 of those styrofoam trays pans out to almost 50 bucks....

(I don't mean I put actual ham on my lasagna or ziti, either)

....as far as regular grocery shopping, for me, it gets up to around 125/week..... I remember growin up when I went grocery shoppin w/ my granma, she'd be pushin one cart, I'd be pushin one cart... we'd be on line for like 45 mins to an hour, and the total would get up to like 300 dollars....

LOL... No, I probably do a high end lunch like that a few times a month, although of late I've been doing it more often. I've been lazy and not wanting to go down to Whole Foods, so I've been eating closer to the office. Just depends on what mood I'm in and what I want. Sometimes I'll do lunch for even $15.00. All depends on my mood. Like I said though not having a car and using public transit and car service saves me a ton and allows me to splurge in other areas. I mean having a car would increase my expenses by at least $600.00 a month easily. Insurance, car payment, gas, repairs, etc.

Well yeah the bigger the quantity usually the cheaper it is. It's like Bounty. The 2 pack is like $4.50 or something. Meanwhile I can get an 8 pack sometimes for $9.99 on sale, but it seems like the 2 pack sells better because they're easier to carry around, etc. and they sell better.

that's when you buyin in bulk; not really talkin about that...

under that theory, the 20 ouncers should cost more than the 1 liter.... the 1 liter soda be the most expensive; I don't think I ever actually bought one from anywhere.....

average can of soda price: $1.00

average 20 oz price: $1.50

average 1-liter price: $2.15-2.25

average 2-liter price: $1.75-2.00

I haven't seen a 3 liter sprite ever since the mid-90's....

Yeah well to be honest I really don't even think about it. You only think about it if you're not used to wearing expensive things. I don't like people banging in to me in general regardless to whether I'm wearing an expensive Italian shirt or just an inexpensive American made t-shirt. Once I was wearing these Italian leather calf shoes (I think they were $600.00, but I don't even remember, probably because I've had many pairs of expensive shoes) and yes this fat clumsy waiter was nice enough to spill milk on them as he was serving another table near me and I gave him the "you ******* moron" look. I was more annoyed about his clumsiness than anything.

You have to realize that no matter how expensive something is it can be replaced and it is only a material item. Yeah will I be annoyed if I mess up my $1,000 jacket? Yeah, but I mean once it's damaged it's damaged so it is what it is. Speaking of which the other less expensive Canadian jacket which I got at $375.00 that I bought, the genius sales' lady forget to remove the security tag off of it, so I removed it myself, but didn't realize that it has an ink label inside so it ruined the coat. No biggie though. I'm taking it back today and exchanging it since it was her fault. Stores like Saks and Bloomingdales are pretty cool with that stuff. Once I bought a $1,600.00 watch about 5 years ago or so from Saks, wore it maybe 2 months and then decided that I didn't want it and took it back to Saks and was refunded in full.

In sum, I'm used to expensive stuff, but I also have inexpensive things as well that I wear. My thing is whatever I get needs to be of quality because even expensive things can be made like ****.

It's Sir Reginald himself :P

My last purchase was a $6 Sprint Blackberry. They said it couldn't be activated, guess what? Contacted Sprint to double check, it's clean.

Gonna resell it on eBay.

It's Sir Reginald himself :P

My last purchase was a $6 Sprint Blackberry. They said it couldn't be activated, guess what? Contacted Sprint to double check, it's clean.

Gonna resell it on eBay.

LOL.... Well well well look what the cat drug in? :P You just reminded me that I need to give in my Blackberry. I wiped it the other night, but have been too busy to send it in yet. You can get $100.00 w/Verizon for a limited amount of time.

LOL.... Well well well look what the cat drug in? :P You just reminded me that I need to give in my Blackberry. I wiped it the other night, but have been too busy to send it in yet. You can get $100.00 w/Verizon for a limited amount of time.

Recycling?

Recycling?

Yep. I try not to throw away anything unless it can't be salvaged. My previous Blackberry I wiped, cleaned up and gave to a friend since he needed it. I've also taken a few things that were gently used and gave it to a homeless shelter there on 3rd Avenue in the 50s. I had a Versace sweater and something else that I gave away since the sweater had become too small for me. Better to have someone else use it than to throw it away.

that's when you buyin in bulk; not really talkin about that...

under that theory, the 20 ouncers should cost more than the 1 liter.... the 1 liter soda be the most expensive; I don't think I ever actually bought one from anywhere.....

average can of soda price: $1.00

average 20 oz price: $1.50

average 1-liter price: $2.15-2.25

average 2-liter price: $1.75-2.00

I haven't seen a 3 liter sprite ever since the mid-90's....

I think it's related slightly in that they can make more money selling things in bulk. The cost of the packaging and labor becomes cheaper as you make more of most items so the savings can then be passed on to the consumer. The perfect example. I picked up a 1 liter Perrier from Duane Reade a little while ago since I stopped by my office to work on a few projects. The 20 oz or whatever that is was going for $1.79 compared to $2.19 for a one liter so since I was coming to the office, I got the 1 oz bottle. Had I just been out and about then obviously the 20 oz bottle works better.

But yeah it is amazing how the cost for the 20 oz bottles keep creeping up and it's probably because the costs are higher to make the 20 oz bottles, but more importantly they know that folks are willing to pay for it. Like yesterday I left the wine store over by Lafayette and my throat was parched, so I was crazy looking for a Duane Reade there on Broadway and found one. I didn't care what the price for the 20 oz of Perrier would've been because I needed a drink. I think the same is true of most folks.

315920_10150498013739348_689259347_11303426_1931210671_n.jpg

Looks fancy... :P

Archived