Post your most recent purchase

YankeesPwnMets

That's it for me for a while. Spent $2,000.00 at Bloomingdales just now... Coat from Italy was $1,000.00 alone. I got three dress shirts and a jacket with the other $1,000.00. :cool:

Dude... are you kidding me? How much do you make a year? I make $215K a year and I almost never spend that much at once. I have family to support.... (grandma just had surgury, my mom and pop are retired, youngest brother is still in college, etc)

I'm just wondering, but do you ever donate to charity or help those homeless war veterans that are on the streets?

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dude... are you kidding me? How much do you make a year? I make $215K a year and I almost never spend that much at once. I have family to support.... (grandma just had surgury, my mom and pop are retired, youngest brother is still in college, etc)

I'm just wondering, but do you ever donate to charity or help those homeless war veterans that are on the streets?

I make enough to live comfortably. Keep in mind that I'm single and only have to take care of myself. My expenses are relatively low and it's not like I blow $2,000.00 every month or something. It's all about the decisions that we make in life. You chose to have a family to support on your salary. Good for you. I choose to live in the suburbs so that my expenses are lower which allows me to have more money to spend as I please. I don't have any brothers or sisters and my mom died of cancer back in 2004 so that settles that. My grandparents are all dead also, and the rest of my family members that are left can take care of themselves just fine.

I've worked hard this year and my department is doing quite well during this recession, so I rewarded myself with a few pricey items and I am certainly not going to feel at all "horrible" for spending my own hard earned money as I so please.

I bought my first new coat in almost 4 years yesterday and my first new dress shirts in about 3 years, so I've been long overdue. I buy pricey things, but I buy quality and they last because I take care of what I buy. I don't believe in buying cheap garbage that I need to replace every time I turn around.

As for donating, yes I do donate here and there when I'm the mood. I'll be renewing my MoMA subscription and I'll donate a small amount (probably $100) with that since I believe that the arts should be supported. I only go maybe 3 or 4 times a year so I think with my membership fee ($75.00) and my donation that that's enough. I also donate small amounts here and there to other charities depending on who they are and what they represent (various cancer organizations) and such.

The Dazzle isn't as good as a dedicated PC capture card (like Hauppauge cards are), but if you're not going to be recording anything like gameplays (of online games), it should suit you well.

QUICK: Spell out how you think you should pronounce "Hauppauge." Without consulting the Interweb or a Long Islander. :P

Weekly Metrocard: $29

Pizza from Little Caesar's: $10

Where is there a Little Caesar's at? :confused: I don't eat from those chains, but I always thought that Little Caesar's was mainly outside of NYC.

Shapeup with shave at the Barbershop - $10.00

20 ounce Pepsi Max - $1.25

8.4 ounce Red Bull - $2.00

Shapeup and shave for $10.00??? My haircut is $18.00 and then with the tip it is $23.00 total. That must be a pretty good deal. I have to say though, my Moroccan barber is the BEST!! I've been using him since I was a teenager.

Where is there a Little Caesar's at? :confused: I don't eat from those chains, but I always thought that Little Caesar's was mainly outside of NYC.

Shapeup and shave for $10.00??? My haircut is $18.00 and then with the tip it is $23.00 total. That must be a pretty good deal. I have to say though, my Moroccan barber is the BEST!! I've been using him since I was a teenager.

They're starting to pop up everywhere now in the city. There's 1 by my old apartment on Broadway & Jefferson Av (right under the (J) train) that I always went to since they opened. Its good but not on some 5 star level lol. Besides, $5 for a pie? Can't go wrong with that :cool:

They're starting to pop up everywhere now in the city. There's 1 by my old apartment on Broadway & Jefferson Av (right under the (J) train) that I always went to since they opened. Its good but not on some 5 star level lol. Besides, $5 for a pie? Can't go wrong with that :cool:

Hmm... Interesting... Hell in my neighborhood, the pizzeria that I order from on Forest has pies that go up to $22.00, so yeah I guess $5.00 isn't bad if you really want something filling and don't want to spend much.

Ah, yes. Sir Reginald has very expensive taste ;):P

Last purchase was a $4 large ice drink from Dunkin' Donuts

Ah, yes. Sir Reginald has very expensive taste ;):P

Last purchase was a $4 large ice drink from Dunkin' Donuts

lol... My only purchase today was at Whole Foods... $40.36 cents. :P

Lazzaroni Amaretti cookies from Italy

Swiss Crunch (cereal) from Switzerland

Two tofu sides

Veggie burger

Natural dishwashing liquid

Cranberry couscous

Container of natural almonds

Small single sized container of organic yogurt

Bottle of Perrier (lime) from France

Bottle of Volvic water from France

Everything else was from the good old USA... :cool: Of course Europeans imports are pricey so that's why my bill was a bit high and of course natural and organic foods cost more.

Oops... I forgot that I renewed my MoMA membership which was $75.00. They're raising it come November 1st, so I saved a few bucks. I also donated $100.00 as well since I enjoy going to exhibitions there and such. :cool:

lol... My only purchase today was at Whole Foods... $40.36 cents. ;)

Lazzaroni Amaretti cookies from Italy

Swiss Crunch (cereal) from Switzerland

Two tofu sides

Veggie burger

Natural dishwashing liquid

Cranberry couscous

Container of natural almonds

Small single sized container of organic yogurt

Bottle of Perrier (lime) from France

Bottle of Volvic water from France

Everything else was from the good old USA... :cool: Of course Europeans imports are pricey so that's why my bill was a bit high and of course natural and organic foods cost more.

Oops... I forgot that I renewed my MoMA membership which was $75.00. They're raising it come November 1st, so I saved a few bucks. I also donated $100.00 as well since I enjoy going to exhibitions there and such. :cool:

Think I've been there once as a kid (remember seeing different types of cheese and the smell of those cheeses wasn't so pleasing). I usually shop at Perelandra when I'm in the mood to travel to Brooklyn Heights. Thou I heard that Trader Joe's is cheaper. Maybe sometime this month I'll take a visit to that store.

BTW, the Italian dressing that can be bought from those stores are real Italian dressing? That's the only type of dressing I use (my favorite).

The Dazzle isn't as good as a dedicated PC capture card (like Hauppauge cards are), but if you're not going to be recording anything like gameplays (of online games), it should suit you well.

QUICK: Spell out how you think you should pronounce "Hauppauge." Without consulting the Interweb or a Long Islander. ;)

I agree. The Hauppauge (the HD PVR in particular) is some top stuff. Here's a test vid that I did with mines:

And yes, you can scream screen peek all you want. Here's

Here are my last three purchases:

DSC03482.jpg

Think I've been there once as a kid (remember seeing different types of cheese and the smell of those cheeses wasn't so pleasing). I usually shop at Perelandra when I'm in the mood to travel to Brooklyn Heights. Thou I heard that Trader Joe's is cheaper. Maybe sometime this month I'll take a visit to that store.

BTW, the Italian dressing that can be bought from those stores are real Italian dressing? That's the only type of dressing I use (my favorite).

lol... Liking different cheeses is an acquired taste... ;) I have a weakness for cheese. My favorites are cheeses from Switzerland, Italy, France and Spain. I especially like the Manchego cheese (Spain), Brie (France), Goat cheeses from various countries, mascarpone cheese (Italy), pecorino romano (Italy) and Emmanthaler (Switzerland). :drool:

As for Trader Joe's I've been to the one by Union Square and didn't dig it at all. Line was way too long and they seem to sell the cheap generic stuff which isn't my style. Whole Foods is pricier because they offer top notch quality mainly from the U.S. which I like and more specialty items and imports from Europe.

Yeah, sometimes I go to Brooklyn Heights because I love the neighborhood and shop there and relax and such. Haven't been there in a while but perhaps I'll go over there soon. :cool:

As for your last question, there is no such thing as "Italian dressing". It's some concoction started here in the U.S. to my knowledge. If by real you mean without all of the artificial ingredients, then the answer is yes. It's all natural ingredients so they do taste good. However, in Italy, salad dressing isn't used, at least not the ones that you see here. When I lived in Florence, I do admit to having a craving for some and in some supermarkets they carry it as imports from the U.S. LOL It was weird to see certain American items in the stores marked up so high. For example, I saw Alpha Bits cereal in one store near the Duomo there near the city center in Florence and it was something like 5 or 6€, which translates to about $6.95 - $8.35 roughly at the current exchange rate. I chuckled because now it's the same thing since I've returned to New York. Items that I would buy in Italy are about 4 times the price here than what they are in Italy. :P They carry some American imports there because some parts of Florence do have some Americans living there. Venice has a lot of Americans too, but they are usually confined to specifically areas of the city.

As for what Italians use for salad dressing, usually you make your own with a little olive oil or some vinegar or something simple just to coat the salad. It is nothing heavy though and the salad is certainly not covered or swimming in dressing like they do in some cheesy restaurants or delis here in the U.S. The same thing with pasta. They drown the pasta in sauce here in a lot of places, which is just gross. If you go to high end authentic Italian restaurants here in the city you'll see that the pasta is just coated with sauce, enough to coat the pasta but not swimming in it since the pasta is supposed to be the main show and not the sauce. The same set up in Italy. There are tons of Italian places here that are garbage and are more "Italian-American" in nature, but even then they serve garbage and don't use quality ingredients.

I usually go to Italian places here that are run by Italians from Italy so that I get the authentic stuff. A few of my favorite spots are Bocca, Tarallucci e vino, Quinto Quarto. I have a few more high end Italian spots on my to do list like San Domenico 26 over by Madison Square Park (very high end and well respected) and a few others over by Central Park South that are renown here in the city. Another great place is called 'ino. It's down in the village off of 6th on Bedford. Small little place that serves paninos and great wine from Italy, but I don't know if it is run by Italians or not, but the quality is very good and authentic.

Buon Italia is also great over in the Chelsea Market. They import everything from Italy. I believe it is family run and the family is from Napoli (Naples). The stuff is pricey but soooo good. :cool: Agata & Valentina is also great over on 1st and 79th.

They still carry Four Loko? Or did they take something out of Four Loko so they can sell it again?

Around here some of the mom and pop stores never stopped selling it they said they still had it in stock Now, for selling it i do not know if that is a grey area

What a lunch today... I was going to just get some natural vegetarian chili today from Manhattan Chili down at the Dining area of Grand Central and carry it back to the office and then pick up two German cupcakes :drool: from Magnolia's Bakery, but it's raining out and I didn't feel like walking with bags in the rain back to the office, so I went to La Fonda del Sol... :smile: So worth it too. Service was EXCELLENT, as was the food. Had the salmon "a la plancha" (grilled) w/cabbage as the main dish, and a Tortilla española as the tapa with some Verdejo wine and some Brut Cava afterwards. Amazing stuff. During dessert (I ordered some buñuelos (cinnamon fritters made the Spanish way with a three different dipping sauces :drool:), they played what sounded like a flamenco version of the instrumental by Metallica "The Call of Ktulu", so I was jamming while eating my buñuelos and drinking my Brut Cava. I tell you the more I eat there, I more I love that place.

Bill was $65.87 and I gave a $13.00 tip for the top notch service, so $78.87 total. :cool:

Archived