Why are there no direct buses from Suffolk County to NYC? Am I missing something?

lawnguysland

Long Islanders tend to have a hierarchy as far as getting places:

1) Driving their own car

2) Someone else driving them in a car/Carpool/Taxi/etc

3) LIRR Train

4) Bus (Nassau and Suffolk transit)

5) Bicycle

6) Walking

7) Horse (I just put that one in as a joke)

now everyone who owns a car knows that driving to and around Manhattan is a pain in the butt, parking is tough to find, and those garages charge huge amounts of money. So we move down the list to #3 the Long Island Railroad for commuting to Manhattan. Now #4 is used primarily by Long Islanders without a car, or if its an area without a lot of parking to get them to the train station so they can continue by train. Now #5 is mostly used by people just getting excersize or by little kids. #6, walking people do when its something like a short distance, like going to the local pizza place near your house, or if you are already at the mall, you cant drive your car in the mall to where you need to go (that seems like it would be fun), and #7 probably hasn't been used in a long long time. The only people I see regularly on horseback is the Nassau police, they patrol the mall parking lot on horseback.

However many years ago, had to be like 10-15 years ago, I recall seeing someone with a horse and buggy on Old Country Road in Nassau county.

1) Driving their own car

3) LIRR Train

5) Bicycle

6) Walking

now everyone who owns a car knows that driving to and around Manhattan is a pain in the butt, parking is tough to find, and those garages charge huge amounts of money. So we move down the list to #3 the Long Island Railroad for commuting to Manhattan. Now #4 is used primarily by Long Islanders without a car, or if its an area without a lot of parking to get them to the train station so they can continue by train. Now #5 is mostly used by people just getting excersize or by little kids. #6, walking people do when its something like a short distance, like going to the local pizza place near your house, or if you are already at the mall, you cant drive your car in the mall to where you need to go (that seems like it would be fun), and #7 probably hasn't been used in a long long time. The only people I see regularly on horseback is the Nassau police, they patrol the mall parking lot on horseback.

However many years ago, had to be like 10-15 years ago, I recall seeing someone with a horse and buggy on Old Country Road in Nassau county.

1) Driving their own car

3) LIRR Train

5) Bicycle

6) Walking

nuff said

1) Driving their own car

3) LIRR Train

5) Bicycle

6) Walking

nuff said

If you're willing to pay the same price that the aforementioned Hampton Jitney folk pay then by all means advocate for your service. Otherwise be happy you have LIRR.

Becuase Lawnguyland has mistaken this for a transit thinktank, instead of the Kindergarden it usually is. Atleast he didn't make the mistake of trying to ask the insaine asylum.

Do you really have to give your "I think I'm better than everyone here and I'm going to say it in one way or another in every thread that I can" responses? If you think everyone here is immature then why do you post here?

Archived