Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
lilbluefoxie

Article on the new subway map for october

http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/10/10/a-village-street-slips-quietly-off-the-subway-map/

anyone notice the new Subway map for october. It looks like a step backwards, they took out the shadows by the lines that made em look thicker and pop out at you, and changed the colors so it looks a lot like the old map before 2010.

http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/10/10/a-village-street-slips-quietly-off-the-subway-map/

anyone notice the new Subway map for october. It looks like a step backwards, they took out the shadows by the lines that made em look thicker and pop out at you, and changed the colors so it looks a lot like the old map before 2010.

i liked the shadow, it made the lines thicker

Agreed. I liked the greenish color and the shadow of the lines on the June map. It really made it look more visually appealing and looked a lot more artistic and better than the old dull pre-2010 map. Shame to see the design go so fast...

By the way, why is the (MTA) changing the map again?

i liked the shadow, it made the lines thicker

Agreed. I liked the greenish color and the shadow of the lines on the June map. It really made it look more visually appealing and looked a lot more artistic and better than the old dull pre-2010 map. Shame to see the design go so fast...

Honestly the shadow made the subway lines stand out better. Oh well...

Just my honest opinion but I would like the subway service guide back.

Honestly the shadow made the subway lines stand out better. Oh well...

Just my honest opinion but I would like the subway service guide back.

I didn't like the shadow, because it made it look like there was almost another line running with the others.

they probably did it to make the yellow Bway line stand out more, then figured by not use it on all the lines. Now, they yellow lines have the thinner outline on both sides (like the SAS and 2004 Manhattan Bridge changes maps did). As I always say, I think they should instead just use a deeper gold.

What I really wish they would do now, since they're also using the new Vignelli map, is to reconfigure the Vignelli lines onto the current map background.

I didn't like the shadow, because it made it look like there was almost another line running with the others.

they probably did it to make the yellow Bway line stand out more, then figured by not use it on all the lines. Now, they yellow lines have the thinner outline on both sides (like the SAS and 2004 Manhattan Bridge changes maps did). As I always say, I think they should instead just use a deeper gold.

What I really wish they would do now, since they're also using the new Vignelli map, is to reconfigure the Vignelli lines onto the current map background.

I picked up the new map at Busfest and discovered they reverted back to the old school colors, I honestly like them better...

I picked up the new map at Busfest and discovered they reverted back to the old school colors, I honestly like them better...

Probably to update the (:P going via Brighton Express again.

I better collect more maps then lol.

Rockaway Park shuttle still blue! lol.