MTA vs NJT

Transitfan007

NJT hires B/O part time only during training which is 15 to 20 days (can't remember exactly) longer if your garage has artics pay is 10 dollars increasing to 15.07 after it. Being part time you only get 30 hrs/week which isn't promised. In order to become full time you must build 520 hours behind the wheel operating. After you bcome full time it's takes 5 years to reach top pay which is 25 and change sorry for not know exactly.

Garages can either be all exact fare (fare boxes) or ny and exact fare depots. On ny route buses you have to make change for ppl. They have straight pieces of work AM PM straights and AM PM trippers. Trippers are what you will make any money off at NJT.

Union is ATU. That's as much as know if 553 comes across this he can probably give u more info

NJT hires B/O part time only during training which is 15 to 20 days (can't remember exactly) longer if your garage has artics pay is 10 dollars increasing to 15.07 after it. Being part time you only get 30 hrs/week which isn't promised. In order to become full time you must build 520 hours behind the wheel operating. After you bcome full time it's takes 5 years to reach top pay which is 25 and change sorry for not know exactly.

Garages can either be all exact fare (fare boxes) or ny and exact fare depots. On ny route buses you have to make change for ppl. They have straight pieces of work AM PM straights and AM PM trippers. Trippers are what you will make any money off at NJT.

Union is ATU. That's as much as know if 553 comes across this he can probably give u more info

Would it be a wise to apply for NJT while I wait on MTA?

It wouldn't hurt. There are numerous applicants out there including myself for the (MTA) 2301. Just look at it as a gamble with today's economy. I am also considering (NJT) because I live in NJ but still work in Bk, wouldn't mind working out of @ SC.

Ironbound thanks for the input!:tup:

It wouldn't hurt. There are numerous applicants out there including myself for the (MTA) 2301. Just look at it as a gamble with today's economy. I am also considering (NJT) because I live in NJ but still work in Bk, wouldn't mind working out of @ SC.

Ironbound thanks for the input!:tup:

I'll be honest with you. Not a bad gig, but if you choose to go thru with it do it only as a side job to have a lil more pocket money. You wont be able to properly live off of the money you make their some weeks I made my 30 others giving them the same amount of time made betw 12 - 17.

I kno this is more of a MTA site than anything else but anyone who reads this specific forum if you apply for NJT as B/O and they call u back and get into training and you already have a job DO NOT QUIT IT!!!!! As i said above your hours can and will vary unless you get a really cool scheduler who gaurantees you the same work on a week to week basis

I'll be honest with you. Not a bad gig, but if you choose to go thru with it do it only as a side job to have a lil more pocket money. You wont be able to properly live off of the money you make their some weeks I made my 30 others giving them the same amount of time made betw 12 - 17.

I kno this is more of a MTA site than anything else but anyone who reads this specific forum if you apply for NJT as B/O and they call u back and get into training and you already have a job DO NOT QUIT IT!!!!! As i said above your hours can and will vary unless you get a really cool scheduler who gaurantees you the same work on a week to week basis

Thanks for the info...I hear that NJT only starts off PT B/O's. Its some type of experience I guess while waiting for MTA.

I looked into SC and I wouldn't mind working there either. Ilike there routes and the 22XX buses on the express lines.

But i would love either ECH or CP

Thanks for the info...I hear that NJT only starts off PT B/O's. Its some type of experience I guess while waiting for MTA.

I looked into SC and I wouldn't mind working there either. Ilike there routes and the 22XX buses on the express lines.

But i would love either ECH or CP

SC isnt listed. If we get to pick my 3 choices would be ECH, CP and YON. I love express routes and they have more express routes

Im going to give you guys a lil heads up, the express lines are no joke fighting in and out of that traffic everyday lol. Thats one of the reasons why i went with a local line for the fall pick. In jan im going to oick out of ECH and go back to LGA, im more of a local type of guy with the stop and go type of thing lol. And plus i like LGA because they have variety of diffrent buses, and also like the routs they have.

SC isnt listed. If we get to pick my 3 choices would be ECH, CP and YON. I love express routes and they have more express routes

Im going to give you guys a lil heads up, the express lines are no joke fighting in and out of that traffic everyday lol. Thats one of the reasons why i went with a local line for the fall pick. In jan im going to oick out of ECH and go back to LGA, im more of a local type of guy with the stop and go type of thing lol. And plus i like LGA because they have variety of diffrent buses, and also like the routs they have.

Honestly I was keeping that to myself as to not be discouraging but seeing as it's out in the open lol. I know exactly what u mean I've had to jump into MCIs and deadhead into NY via Lincoln tunnel at 4 or 5 in the afternoon on a Friday :cry: You really need to have an immense sense of I'm being paid I can do this which I had until I was in that bus in traffic glancing at my paddle telling me I have 3 more trips in this

Honestly I was keeping that to myself as to not be discouraging but seeing as it's out in the open lol. I know exactly what u mean I've had to jump into MCIs and deadhead into NY via Lincoln tunnel at 4 or 5 in the afternoon on a Friday :cry: You really need to have an immense sense of I'm being paid I can do this which I had until I was in that bus in traffic glancing at my paddle telling me I have 3 more trips in this

LOL you can say that again, but one thing i am not discouraging anybody from the express lines, i was just giving my input. Im more of a local type of guys, you may have some ppl that likes the express fast pace kind of thing and others that like the local slow stop and go type of thing. Just telling up coming future B/O make sure you know what you want lol between Express or Local B)

LOL you can say that again, but one thing i am not discouraging anybody from the express lines, i was just giving my input. Im more of a local type of guys, you may have some ppl that likes the express fast pace kind of thing and others that like the local slow stop and go type of thing. Just telling up coming future B/O make sure you know what you want lol between Express or Local B)

LOL you can say that again, but one thing i am not discouraging anybody from the express lines, i was just giving my input. Im more of a local type of guys, you may have some ppl that likes the express fast pace kind of thing and others that like the local slow stop and go type of thing. Just telling up coming future B/O make sure you know what you want lol between Express or Local ;)

Oh yea transit bx i want an express route. I always loved the traffic and the idea of the express bus period. Trust me if and when I get hired Im going be gunning for an express route lol

Sorry for the OT sidebar, but, I gotta agree...I've been doing my qualification at LGA and I love it there, everyone is so cool and the lines that come out of there are pretty good from what I have seen unless you get the 100 ;) lmao

Sorry for the OT sidebar, but, I gotta agree...I've been doing my qualification at LGA and I love it there, everyone is so cool and the lines that come out of there are pretty good from what I have seen unless you get the 100 ;) lmao

Welcome to the club YB, ill be seeing you sometime during the winter pick, the bad thing about my switch to LGA, i will be at the bottom of the list in the depot for about a year. Once the year is up then ill be back into my sinority slot where i belong. So guys who ever is getting hired from exam list 2301, make sure thats the depot you want if not, you will have to wait till the genaral pick which is every jan. Then you will lose your sinority for only a year unless new classes start coming in behind you. After the year is up you will jain your sinority back in place;).

Archived