Montauk Branch - Train Hits Car Parked on Tracks

R188 7857

Service on the Montauk branch of the Long Island Rail Road was temporarily suspended early Wednesday morning after a train struck a car parked near the tracks in North Bellport, a railroad official said.

No one was injured in the collision, railroad spokeswoman Marjorie Anders said.

See the video at :

http://www.newsday.com/long-island/suffolk/montauk-lirr-line-delayed-when-train-hits-car-1.3239243

Service on the Montauk branch of the Long Island Rail Road was temporarily suspended early Wednesday morning after a train struck a car parked near the tracks in North Bellport, a railroad official said.

No one was injured in the collision, railroad spokeswoman Marjorie Anders said.

See the video at :

http://www.newsday.com/long-island/suffolk/montauk-lirr-line-delayed-when-train-hits-car-1.3239243

Keep in mind that FiOS is not available in some areas. What if he and others who are stuck with Cableshittin' have no alternatives, as in no satellite and FiOS?

If you don't like that Optimum BS, then swith to FiOS. I use it for TV, Phone, and internet and its very fast and dependable!

My parents are torn on the issue. The rest of the family flocked to FiOS the second it was available in their towns... my dad knows CV sucks but my mom (who doesn't even know how to log into Facebook) watches these two stupid iO channels every day and doesn't want to switch over. I want to punch people in the face whenever I try to play online games and I lag so badly, when I look at the replay/killcam, it just shows me freezing for three seconds while I die. The lack of News 12 isn't anything; if it's breaking news there, odds are no one on any other NY network gives a crap. MSG can go along with CV once they finally crumble.

Keep in mind that FiOS is not available in some areas. What if he and others who are stuck with Cableshittin' have no alternatives, as in no satellite and FiOS?

If you don't like that Optimum BS, then swith to FiOS. I use it for TV, Phone, and internet and its very fast and dependable!

My parents are torn on the issue. The rest of the family flocked to FiOS the second it was available in their towns... my dad knows CV sucks but my mom (who doesn't even know how to log into Facebook) watches these two stupid iO channels every day and doesn't want to switch over. I want to punch people in the face whenever I try to play online games and I lag so badly, when I look at the replay/killcam, it just shows me freezing for three seconds while I die. The lack of News 12 isn't anything; if it's breaking news there, odds are no one on any other NY network gives a crap. MSG can go along with CV once they finally crumble.

It's a good thing no one got hurt. It might have been a lot worse. I just don't understand why someone would park a car on that side of the tracks, or even near the tracks. There's enough space on the other side. It's quite a dumb decision, really.

It's a good thing no one got hurt. It might have been a lot worse. I just don't understand why someone would park a car on that side of the tracks, or even near the tracks. There's enough space on the other side. It's quite a dumb decision, really.

Newsday sucks and forgets that I'm using Optimum *awful* to connect to something CV owns as well.

If you weren't using Optimum then you wouldn't be able to connect to the video at all, unless you want to cough up $4.99 a month.

I have FIOS and I can only read the first three paragraphs of the story and no video.

Archived