Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.

Long Island Bus #1664 Hits School Bus in Cedarhurst

R188 7857

An MTA bus broadsided a school bus carrying preschool children early Wednesday in Cedarhurst, sending at least two dozen passengers to hospitals, officials said.

Police at the scene said no one was seriously injured.

Fourteen children were among those taken to a hospital, a Lawrence-Cedarhurst Fire Department spokesman said, but officials said the children were taken for evaluation.

See the video at :

http://www.newsday.com/long-island/nassau/mta-bus-hits-school-bus-in-cedarhurst-1.3239680

An MTA bus broadsided a school bus carrying preschool children early Wednesday in Cedarhurst, sending at least two dozen passengers to hospitals, officials said.

Police at the scene said no one was seriously injured.

Fourteen children were among those taken to a hospital, a Lawrence-Cedarhurst Fire Department spokesman said, but officials said the children were taken for evaluation.

See the video at :

http://www.newsday.com/long-island/nassau/mta-bus-hits-school-bus-in-cedarhurst-1.3239680

Long Island Bus operators are pretty good drivers, from my experience. But the buses aren't kept up and I wouldn't be surprised if part of the blame on this accident had to do with the bus itself. I've never rode the N31, so I can't say anything about the road or intersection of the crash.

Long Island Bus operators are pretty good drivers, from my experience. But the buses aren't kept up and I wouldn't be surprised if part of the blame on this accident had to do with the bus itself. I've never rode the N31, so I can't say anything about the road or intersection of the crash.

From the looks of the crash, I think the bus was going at a fast speed and hit the school bus and swanged it to the left.

From the looks of the crash, I think the bus was going at a fast speed and hit the school bus and swanged it to the left.

I know 1664 is the only bus around on LI that has a scheme similar to the decal one (no front or back stripe, side stripes end short of those vents on the rear of the bus) but I know LIB operators are better than this... Five Towns is just crazy in terms of traffic, though.

I know 1664 is the only bus around on LI that has a scheme similar to the decal one (no front or back stripe, side stripes end short of those vents on the rear of the bus) but I know LIB operators are better than this... Five Towns is just crazy in terms of traffic, though.

WOAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Around 1:30pm I saw 1664 being towed

,it passed right by me and I didn't notice any

damages wow.:eek:

That's the 2nd 400 series that has been in an accident.

1699(ex 462) was in an accident and it was repaired.

WOAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Around 1:30pm I saw 1664 being towed

,it passed right by me and I didn't notice any

damages wow.:eek:

That's the 2nd 400 series that has been in an accident.

1699(ex 462) was in an accident and it was repaired.

Archived