Apta 2011

East New York

• 1 month later...
Never thought I'd see one without a rear window lol, they trying to squeeze AC/heating units back into the rear of the bus again?

Removing the rear window is actually in response to feedback from NYC. Apparently too much garbage is put back there by the riders. Also allows better access to some of the electrical compartments.

Removing the rear window is actually in response to feedback from NYC. Apparently too much garbage is put back there by the riders. Also allows better access to some of the electrical compartments.

So will any of the Artics of the current order be built without the window to test the option?

And while the Nova expert is around, I had another question: is there an official model name for the CT Transit hybrid Artics? Like LFS Artic HEV or something?

Thanks!

So will any of the Artics of the current order be built without the window to test the option?

And while the Nova expert is around, I had another question: is there an official model name for the CT Transit hybrid Artics? Like LFS Artic HEV or something?

Thanks!

To my knowledge this change is not planned for any of the 328 current artics on order. Not sure when, but you should see the fully electric bus at some point which is without the rear window. It also has a new interior design (check out Nova Bus shows innovation and technologies at APTA EXPO | Nova Bus). Not sure why there were no pics posted of this bus in this thread, but it was at APTA.

The CT Transit Hybrids official model is LFS Artic HEV.

To my knowledge this change is not planned for any of the 328 current artics on order. Not sure when, but you should see the fully electric bus at some point which is without the rear window. It also has a new interior design (check out Nova Bus shows innovation and technologies at APTA EXPO | Nova Bus). Not sure why there were no pics posted of this bus in this thread, but it was at APTA.

The CT Transit Hybrids official model is LFS Artic HEV.

Thanks for the info! There's a good picture of the electric bus in this thread.

By any chance, do you happen to know more about the setup of this electric bus? I gather it must have plug-in capability, but is it also equipped for quick-charging through the roof like the Chinese buses it was inspired/adapted from? I guess it must have been trucked in and out of APTA, it's a long way from Montreal! B)

BTW, have any of the APTA demos been built in Plattsburgh?

Thanks for the info! There's a good picture of the electric bus in this thread.

By any chance, do you happen to know more about the setup of this electric bus? I gather it must have plug-in capability, but is it also equipped for quick-charging through the roof like the Chinese buses it was inspired/adapted from? I guess it must have been trucked in and out of APTA, it's a long way from Montreal! :(

BTW, have any of the APTA demos been built in Plattsburgh?

I don't know much about the bus yet. I do know it was trucked into APTA but driven out because it stopped in Plattsburgh. The interior of that bus is new as well. The Nova Bus website shows the plug-in capability on the homepage video.

If memory serves me there was a 40ft HEV, 40ft Elec, and 60ft Artic. I don't believe any of these were built in Plattsburgh for the show. Don't think they wanted to interupt the 90 - 40ft test fleet build.

Here is photos from the whole Volvo Group (Nova & Prevost) display...

The Nova Bus LFS HEv Low Floor:

Novabus_Nova_LFSHEVb.jpg

Novabus_Nova_LFS-Interior.jpg

The Nova Bus LFS Electric Low Floor:

Novabus_Nova_LFSHEV.jpg

Novabus_Nova_LFS-Interiorb.jpg

The Nova Bus LFX Low Floor Articulated:

Novabus_Nova_LFX.jpg

Novabus_Nova_LFX-Interior.jpg

Novabus_Nova_LFX-Interiorb.jpg

The Prevost X3-45 Commuter Coach:

Prevostcar_Prevost_5102.jpg

Prevostcar_Prevost_X345-Interior.jpg

http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/486766-post15.html

The all electric bus was really nice. I got video of it leaving the show floor, but I can't seem to find it anywhere. It was extremely quiet. Didn't even sould like it was on as it drove by.

Archived