(8) Train Coming?

Chip1035

People actually commute from Eastern Queens? Surely you jest. :P

I do. All the way to Douglaston. I take the (7) quite often during PM rush to get to Flushing.

It's obvious from the throngs of people running up the stairs and waiting at the numerous bus terminals that the Flushing line needs to be extended, though Queens's transit needs are quite neglected. The last big project was connecting the 63 Street tunnel to the Queens Boulevard line, and even that was supposedly for a whole new trunk line separate from the Queens Boulevard line. The plans are vague and I haven't seen any drawings detailing such a line.

I do. All the way to Douglaston. I take the (7) quite often during PM rush to get to Flushing.

It's obvious from the throngs of people running up the stairs and waiting at the numerous bus terminals that the Flushing line needs to be extended, though Queens's transit needs are quite neglected. The last big project was connecting the 63 Street tunnel to the Queens Boulevard line, and even that was supposedly for a whole new trunk line separate from the Queens Boulevard line. The plans are vague and I haven't seen any drawings detailing such a line.

you can take the LIRR too, its that thing with nice comfy trains that dont squeal like pigs in a meat factory when it goes thru a curve.

You know he did it like that on purpose right? You must not know what sarcasm is...

Only because sarcasm is so easily noticeable in the internet world. You sure missed the "winking" face after the sentence or did you just jump into conclusion.

you can take the LIRR too, its that thing with nice comfy trains that dont squeal like pigs in a meat factory when it goes thru a curve.

That's not something an unlimited Metrocard can be used with. I'd be paying twice the fare.

That's not something an unlimited Metrocard can be used with. I'd be paying twice the fare.

you can buy a monthly LIRR ticket. Then you have a one seat ride in rather than having to get on a crowded bus, then transfer for the (7). the LIRR has padded seats, its faster and makes less stops, well worth the cost, and on weekends you can buy the CityTicket.

It's twice the fare with the monthly ticket. The peak Zone 3 fare is $8.75 one way. That's nearly four times the subway fare. It's way overpriced. If fares were substantially lower, then more people would take the LIRR. But at $8.75 one way and $193.00 for a monthly pass (which does not include the subways and buses - something SEPTA and the MBTA do; I don't know why the MTA can't do that), that's just not an option for a lot of eastern Queens commuters and that's why Main Street-Flushing is the most heavily used subway-to-bus transfer point. I know. I make that hellish commute every weekday (not on weekends; then I use CityTicket). Run some more PW trains from Bayside (should be possible once ESA opens), charge subway fares and include transfers to the subway at Woodside and Penn Station and that will help decongest Main Street. But God forbid the MTA should ever think outside the box.

I do. All the way to Douglaston.

I felt your pain. They do need a train out there.

Yrs ago the bus was the 17A that too you out there and to Little Neck . Last stop was Little Neck/Great neck border.

S/F,

CEYA!

Archived