Veolia is taking over LI Bus as MTA is out the door

PinePower

It may not be that bad. I've been researching Veolia extensively for the past few months. They did a wonderful job with New Orleans RTA. Give them a chance before you throw them under the NG. They're running the show now, so let's sit back and watch!

It's not that, it's how much they have and what they can run with that money.

I'm telling you 1 run on the N4 is all everyone will see...

It may not be that bad. I've been researching Veolia extensively for the past few months. They did a wonderful job with New Orleans RTA. Give them a chance before you throw them under the NG. They're running the show now, so let's sit back and watch!

Not to mention they also done a good job running most of San Diego RTS bus fleet. At same time they also been a few 'horror' stories that already been mentioned. Magano better increase funding at least a few more millions for the new Veolia-run Nassau buses. Or else LI Bus will go down the toliet and maybe out of business for good.

They said $2.625 million, that's less than 1/3 of what they paid the MTA.

With that amount of money, I can predict with close to absolute certainly that service will be shriveled to bare bones unless Nassau County pays an amount comparable to what Suffolk Transit & Bee-Line get from their county governments.

I'm tossing them bitches under the NG and letting the RTS behind it finish the job, I know whats coming down the pipe...NORTA is still a relatively new to Veolia operation as well. For me the writing is on the wall...

I'm tossing them bitches under the NG and letting the RTS behind it finish the job, I know whats coming down the pipe...NORTA is still a relatively new to Veolia operation as well. For me the writing is on the wall...

Well, you're boxing me in a corner here!!!! As anyone know's, I have NEVER been a Veolia fan. Most of which stems from the water scandal. However, I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt for right now. Let's just see how this LIB situation plays out first.

Maybe Veolia might order three 30 ft. gilligs to replace those 3 wrecked buses. ;)

Lol! That's funny! Veolia will continue with Orion products for the foreseeable future. There is something in the works right now actually. I just haven't had time to post any updates on bus orders. I was supposed to do it 22 days, but still haven't.

They wrecked another NG? ;)

I'm surprised Hound hasn't come in with how bad the Gilligs were. Even the first Orion V CNGs ordered for LIB fared better. Never have I heard of a bus operation so eager to get rid of all of one model that there was never any evidence that they had them. The diesel Orion Vs LIB had lasted quite some time.

I'd have a better opinion about this if Mangano wasn't so hateful of bus riders and buses in general and paid more than.... $2.5 million. Something's got to give.

They wrecked another NG? ;)

I'm surprised Hound hasn't come in with how bad the Gilligs were. Even the first Orion V CNGs ordered for LIB fared better. Never have I heard of a bus operation so eager to get rid of all of one model that there was never any evidence that they had them. The diesel Orion Vs LIB had lasted quite some time.

I'd have a better opinion about this if Mangano wasn't so hateful of bus riders and buses in general and paid more than.... $2.5 million. Something's got to give.

Where is all this coming from, and who said LIB was eager to replace all the Orions?

I meant they were eager to replace the Gilligs from the '80s when the new millenium came around. I've been under the weather the past few days...

One thing I have noticed now is that there are a lot more NGs in revenue service . Before the end of 2010, I rarely saw NGs on routes like the N43 or the N16. I'm hard-pressed to see Orion Vs on them anymore.

Those inspection stickers are on just about every, if not all 138, NG CNG LIB has. A few of the older NGs also have the new Empire plates, so they've been inspecting them all...

I meant they were eager to replace the Gilligs from the '80s when the new millenium came around. I've been under the weather the past few days...

One thing I have noticed now is that there are a lot more NGs in revenue service . Before the end of 2010, I rarely saw NGs on routes like the N43 or the N16. I'm hard-pressed to see Orion Vs on them anymore.

Those inspection stickers are on just about every, if not all 138, NG CNG LIB has. A few of the older NGs also have the new Empire plates, so they've been inspecting them all...

Yeah, those Gilligs were trash boxes on wheels. The only decent buses they make are the BRT's. University of Michigan has a good batch, but most of them leave much to be desired. The breaking is horrible, the buses are always falling apart, and they handle like crap in the winter. But then again, most low floors do.

Archived