Veolia is taking over LI Bus as MTA is out the door

PinePower

1760-1839 are property of the MTA. This takeover wasn't out of nowhere....the 1800's came with run boxes for a reason.

They were property of the MTA. At one time, MTA was planning on a full integration of LIB into the regional bus operations. This is why the latter came with run boxes, and were pretty much MTA specifications. However, when the announcement was made that Veolia would take over, it was also said within the internal circles that Veolia/Nassau would retain the buses, and the options of that order could possibly be diverted to MTA mainline operations. So yes, the buses were owned and operated by MTA as they paid the lions share of the 20%. They are now Veolia/Nassau buses.

Walder said that all buses are Nassau's property...

That's because they are now!

Nope they can't, If they did Nassau can sue them for scrapping the 1400's and early 1500's as well as the 1800's (orion V's) to Me thats the real reason why those Ng's are staying, you can't scrap a Bus thats you didn't purchaced then take the ones u gave back, LIB would be screwed if they did that

Very true!!!

Per the board meeting video, driver training is underway, but the contract will have to be approved by the legislature, and a public hearing would be needed before the vote. They are aiming for a ratification date of late next month.

It's still funny to me that all of this has to be voted on and approved when Veolia already has a desk at MF, already started training drivers on their policies, and already have their inspection stickers on buses.

It's still funny to me that all of this has to be voted on and approved when Veolia already has a desk at MF, already started training drivers on their policies, and already have their inspection stickers on buses.

Lots of people have noticed, but the idea is that no one wants to upset the apple cart now.

Nassau will cover that 20% the (MTA) paid for their portion of the dish on the Orion VII's. As for the rest of the LI Busses today, it'll be intact but without the (MTA) logo and operations thingy on them.

As for Veolia, I am kinda confident they'll do a decent job despite their reputation. I saw them operate Las Vegas's RTA Bus System, and they did a decent job in my observations. Simply, I wouldn't throw a rant.

Don't forget most of San Diego's RTS bus system as well. With Veolia now opearting in the backyard of America/the World Media Captial's I am sure they will try to do a descent job. IMO the key of whether Veolia succeds is whether Mangano provides a proper amount of funding.

Don't forget most of San Diego's RTS bus system as well. With Veolia now opearting in the backyard of America/the World Media Captial's I am sure they will try to do a descent job. IMO the key of whether Veolia succeds is whether Mangano provides a proper amount of funding.

I think they will succeed lets be optimistic ppl!!!!!! who knows the service changes they make later on may increase ridership to at least 20% of the population

Do yall think the drivers at lib is happy going private, and also still don't understand why lib make so much less then nycta/mtabc, where as bee line carry as much passengers as lib do daily ( 100,000) which the bee line make just as much as us at the MTA.

The reasons way LIB workers get paid less...

The system does not have NYC revenue, and the County was not paying for service. LIB was essentially subsidized by MTA. The 6/27 service cuts possibly did more damage to TA/BC than people realize.

Next year, I want everyone to pay attention to how MTA operates without LIB. If Nassau paid its fair share the service would have been much better than it is. Hopefully they work with Veolia and MTA during this transition and create a route structure that best suits the needs of the passengers. That's the only way any of this is going to work.

The reasons way LIB workers get paid less...

The system does not have NYC revenue, and the County was not paying for service. LIB was essentially subsidized by MTA. The 6/27 service cuts possibly did more damage to TA/BC than people realize.

Next year, I want everyone to pay attention to how MTA operates without LIB. If Nassau paid its fair share the service would have been much better than it is. Hopefully they work with Veolia and MTA during this transition and create a route structure that best suits the needs of the passengers. That's the only way any of this is going to work.

you think MTA is better off without LIB,which that gives MTA more time to focus on TA/OA and BC? What's going to be the outcome good or bad?

At the April meeting with the LIB resolution, one of the board members put part of the blame of the cuts on Nassau County.

I think it's partially true, as $27M of $93M in cuts could be reduced if Nassau paid everything it had to.

Dumping LIB is not gonna fix much of the budget gap the MTA has, is it? I mean, I don't expect to see a difference in service or operations with the MTA without LIB. They were treated seperately, LIB and NYCT.

Example, the Q12 stop at Douglaston Pkwy and Northern Blvd. Casey Stengel was notified to stop stopping there on the Q12, but the N20 and 21 out of Mitchel Field still stop there.

And the drivers are most certainly not happy. Look at this video recently posted by Fios1 News. None of the drivers want to talk.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNs7QQO4SLg

Dumping LIB is not gonna fix much of the budget gap the MTA has, is it? I mean, I don't expect to see a difference in service or operations with the MTA without LIB. They were treated seperately, LIB and NYCT.

Example, the Q12 stop at Douglaston Pkwy and Northern Blvd. Casey Stengel was notified to stop stopping there on the Q12, but the N20 and 21 out of Mitchel Field still stop there.

And the drivers are most certainly not happy. Look at this video recently posted by Fios1 News. None of the drivers want to talk.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNs7QQO4SLg

o well shit happens

enough of this LIB nonsense wait and see you are NOT able to predict the future

so stop it already. most ppl do not care. If you gonna do something then do it

you think MTA is better off without LIB,which that gives MTA more time to focus on TA/OA and BC? What's going to be the outcome good or bad?

Dumping LIB takes much of the stress off TA/BC as there is more money for New York City operations now. Millions of dollars used for LIB came out of MTA's pocket. And they weren't treated separately either. LIB was being consolidated into Regional Bus Operations at one time. MTA Bus Ops. will be in a much better position now that they don't have Nassau sucking them dry.

At the April meeting with the LIB resolution, one of the board members put part of the blame of the cuts on Nassau County.

I think it's partially true, as $27M of $93M in cuts could be reduced if Nassau paid everything it had to.

It's more than partially true, its a fact.

ur joking right??? that is intercity rural frequency!!!!!! IN LI if it has to run once a day it will just get CUT. lets be realistic plz

Learn how to take a joke! Sit down some damn where and relax! You are starting to irritate me again, and that is not a good look!!

enough of this LIB nonsense wait and see you are NOT able to predict the future

so stop it already. most ppl do not care. If you gonna do something then do it

That's funny coming from the person who developed a huge list of cuts, bigger than anyone else's and wanted to change numerous LIB and NYCT routes that would confuse and affect more people than what was even predicted.

That made this whole thing a joke, and it gets even funnier if it's one bus ever hour.

I see this as a good thing. Although I never took this bus or any bus in long island in my life, I think MTA has too strong of a monopoly on all the transportation services. They definitely should not be in control of the bridges. Still scratching my head at that one 15 years later.

Archived