Transfer at Livonia Av, not just a fantasy?

VWM

Additional opportunities to better link existing transit lines could include a transfer between the 3 and the L trains at Livonia Ave,

I was reading the MTA's Capital Plan overview and I FOUND THIS. Pretty sweet, huh?:cool:

Link?

Its almost like you thought this was untrue and needed proof. I been knew about this assessment, and many others here did since it came out last year. We just generally concluded that because of the major holes in the capital budget - along with that the neighborhood isn't a desirable place to live yet - it will just sit there simmering and won't be done or even seriously considered anytime soon. This is another one of those inter-borough transit nodes that have been much maligned for years in favor of ideas that affect more affluent and influential customers. I'll easily see another entrance/exit built for 68th street (6) before this.

Guest lance25

Seriously, I don't remember anything actually being considered by the (MTA) concerning the connection. Of course, with so many more pressing issues going on, I probably just chalked it up to foamer fantasy, kind of like the recently built connection between Lawrence St and Jay St.

And I'd happily second a new entrance at the overwhelmingly busier 68 St over a connection between two very lightly used stations.

Its almost like you thought this was untrue and needed proof. I been knew about this assessment, and many others here did since it came out last year. We just generally concluded that because of the major holes in the capital budget - along with that the neighborhood isn't a desirable place to live yet - it will just sit there simmering and won't be done or even seriously considered anytime soon. This is another one of those inter-borough transit nodes that have been much maligned for years in favor of ideas that affect more affluent and influential customers. I'll easily see another entrance/exit built for 68th street (6) before this.

It's been thought about on and off going back to the '50's-early '60's era when I actually lived in the area. As you correctly point out the neighborhood has gone downhill since then and the Junius St entrance/exit has been removed since the proposal was first proposed. I personally think the current talk about it has the whiff of a bone thrown to the Canarsie line riders on the overcrowded (L) line versus a benefit to the Brownsville community where the link would be located. The 68th St situation and Phase 2 of SAS(maybe) will see the light of day first before this project. Just my opinion though. Carry on

Seriously, I don't remember anything actually being considered by the (MTA) concerning the connection. Of course, with so many more pressing issues going on, I probably just chalked it up to foamer fantasy, kind of like the recently built connection between Lawrence St and Jay St.

And I'd happily second a new entrance at the overwhelmingly busier 68 St over a connection between two very lightly used stations.

Now I wouldn't say those 2 stations are lightly used. They do get some pretty decent ridership during the day (along with Rockaway Av (3), and Sutter/Livonia/New Lots Av (L)) as the main subway stations in Brownsville

...Don't let the area fool ya

Archived