End of an era/Hit from the Farm

Blitz

the 1000's were suposed to go to basiley Park but the scrapped that plan, I don't know why they want to replace these buses they are not much of a problem, If anything those damn Orion V's need to go, I would send those 1000's to BP and JFK (if they were ready to handle artics) to replace those Orion V's, They are 100 times wrose than these New Flyers, It makes me angry seeing the MTA getting rid of good New Flyers instead of rusted up Orion V's that breakdown everyday

Good bye and good riddance... Buses certainly smell like they're 15 years old +... Filthy... Bring on the NOVAS... Better display signs and most importantly MUCH cleaner... :cool:

The Novas on the BX12 are just as dirty as any D60HF, plus the Flyers have better A/C than the Novas, which is a major plus for people who get hot easily such as myself. :cool:

Nah 126's buses are in decent shape, and the 1000s have no smell since there's no fabric! The 100th Street 53/5400s, those are some sad buses.

Why do people down 100th street for their maintenance it's not that bad. I take the M101 or the M86 almost every day and only about 20% of the buses that I take are in lackluster condition. Now don't get me wrong 100th street is no Michael J. Quill, or 126th depot but its not that bad overall.

So lemme just get this straight... The following buses are retiring:

D60HF's- 10XX series

Orion V CNG's- 7XX's, 72XX's, 98XX-99XX's* *-the ones that are not repainted

WMATA Reject Orion V's- 59XX series

And whatever those buses are called, I keep forgetting their names- 1887-1892.

At this moment i'm starting to hate the new buses except the C40LF's.

:tup::tup::tup::tup: shots Blitz!

So lemme just get this straight... The following buses are retiring:

D60HF's- 10XX series

Orion V CNG's- 7XX's, 72XX's, 98XX-99XX's* *-the ones that are not repainted

WMATA Reject Orion V's- 59XX series

And whatever those buses are called, I keep forgetting their names- 1887-1892.

At this moment i'm starting to hate the new buses except the C40LF's.

:tup::tup::tup::tup: shots Blitz!

The 89xx and 92xx RTS's might be getting "Old Yellered" at the end of this year as well

• 4 months later...

The last d60HF I have got..was one of these on the m15 LTD...a couple of days before m15+Select Bus Service came out...I had two of them actually...one of them from South Ferry to 96 Street, making LTD Stops...and one going down to City Hall...I'm gonns miss these... ;)

Wait, you didn't write that?

Ummm, the answer is no, since other members have the same message. This messages dated back from 2011, meaning that the hack was starting since then.

I think Harry knows about this problem. If not, then we should advise it. I guess we all should've tooken precautions sonce October.

In another thread, a different member had the same problem.

I remember that time I had just missed an empty Bx12 sbs @ Pelham Pkwy below the (2), I went for the local and what showed up but 1009. That was the first and probably will be the last time I ever rode one of those buses. This was a few months ago probably just before retirement, didn't know there were any 10xx's left @ GH.

EDIT: oh yes, and you can be saying goodbye to the 600 series Orion V's as well. (imagines C40 #666)

Just if we're turning this into a little nostalgia thread, I gotta say the 1000s were a great fleet. I used to commute on the M14 round about when the Quill fleet was mainly 5700s and 1000s, and the 1000s were really strong buses. After they left Quill, I didn't ride any until just a couple months ago when I had 1107, which ironically was the last surviving of the 10-1100s apparently. Really powerful engines on those, feel a whole lot quicker than on the 5500s for whatever reason. Good stuff.

Archived