Weekday schedule simulation

Amtrak7

Like I said...this just proves some of the good planning that goes into train scheduling.

And yes the scheduled overnight service does appear good on a map when you can see where all the trains are. Nowhere in the system are trains scheduled more than 20 minutes apart, on any overnight.

The most impressive feat of the scheduling is putting in trains to make the AM and PM rushes at the busiest times, then dropping out other trains immediately after so that the lines don't get congested. How the 7 line runs that frequency during the rush is still pretty incredible.

COOL! Be great when they have something like this in live time. (They basically already do for the (L), but only at the Myrtle-Wyckoff station. Wonder if they could do one for the whole ATS-A system at those new information kiosks they're putting up).

I'm assuming the RCC has something that looks like that in real time. I remember reading an interview with a high-up at the (MTA) who said that when they made the fake RCC for the new pelham movie, they actually made it look less fancy and high tech than it actually is, since no one would believe it is actually as new and fancy-looking as it really is.

I'm assuming the RCC has something that looks like that in real time. I remember reading an interview with a high-up at the (MTA) who said that when they made the fake RCC for the new pelham movie, they actually made it look less fancy and high tech than it actually is, since no one would believe it is actually as new and fancy-looking as it really is.

You would be half wrong then, RCC can only see train locations on the IRT and (L) line. The model board for the IND/BMT does not show anything except a the track layout. To know whats going on, they must communicate to the tower out in the field.

RCC has a huge schematic up on the wall, and I imagine only the IRT and (L) portions of it are online. Otherwise, they use PC terminal monitors, which have whichever segment of track they are looking at. Thy have these in the yards and terminals as well.

RCC has a huge schematic up on the wall, and I imagine only the IRT and (L) portions of it are online. Otherwise, they use PC terminal monitors, which have whichever segment of track they are looking at. Thy have these in the yards and terminals as well.

The PC terminals only show whats going on if it is for the (L) line or IRT. The rest of the B Div. shows nothing they use the terminals to keep track of GOs, flagging, TSS location checks, and the radio system.

Archived