Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
Fred G

Just Dial 1-800-FL9-2026

I know, keep the day job, Fred B) FL-9 2026 stepped in for BL20GH 125 on the Waterbury branch. I could not stay away so here are some photos.

17+FL-9+2026+at+Waterbury+Station.jpg

06+FL-9+2026+leading+MN+Train+past+E+Washington.jpg

23+FL-9+2026+arriving+at+Bridgeport+2.jpg

21+FL-9+2026+approaching+Seymour+2.jpg

20+FL-9+2026+approaching+Seymour.jpg

I like the third picture with the Engineer waving so whats the deal with those specific cars does Metro North use them because they are faster ?

No, they're not faster, just reliable as backup units. When you see them in service it means a regular locomotive is in the shop. Now that the new BL20GH engines are coming in, these vintage units will be history as far as Metro-North is concerned. Or whatever MN wants to do with them. :D

No, they're not faster, just reliable as backup units. When you see them in service it means a regular locomotive is in the shop. Now that the new BL20GH engines are coming in, these vintage units will be history as far as Metro-North is concerned. Or whatever MN wants to do with them. :(

Which also means Pablo needs to take a trip up there soon to take photos of them. B)

Which also means Pablo needs to take a trip up there soon to take photos of them. :(
LOL I don't see much photos from you north of Queens. B)

Love the photos, all of them. The Black and White one looks the best.