U.S. Far Behind China, Japan, and France

CenSin

I don't think those trains look that great to be honest. Looks like a bad concept car at the auto show. I happen to like the M2 design, I think that was a snazzy electric train look.
those trains are state of the art, i know i love the look its sleek and wow just look at them and the inside is just too nice and they are so fast its nuts 220 way faster then anything we have in the US lol. the M2 smh

And our M8's, M7's, R160's, R143's, and R142's aren't state of the art trains? Get the hell outta here.
i never said those trains were, they are just a bone lol, those trains where so fast when i was on them i almost vomited, its a railroad not a subway but i have too show you how there subway looks its way past what we have, yes nyct is old but we can do better if we work together and redo the hole system,. what they are doing now is only a bone lol

The NYC Subway is a metro system not a high speed rail line. If you want high speed please ride the Acela Express train which is owned by Amtrak.
i know all about high speed and acela, i have too move this trend but they have a fast speed metro system i have too do a vid on that one, we are moving faster here but we need too do better. and the acela isnt even near as good as this its only in one area of the country, from boston to florida thats all we need to do more

i know all about high speed and acela, i have too move this trend but they have a fast speed metro system i have too do a vid on that one, we are moving faster here but we need too do better. and the acela isnt even near as good as this its only in one area of the country, from boston to florida thats all we need to do more

The main problem is "we", it's an attribute of collectivistic cultures, mostly Asian countries and Europe to some extent. The U.S. is complete opposite of those regions, we praise individualism, so it's essentialy "me". The first question asked is "what's in it for me?" In Japan it is diffrent, there people are not as selfish and self centred as in the U.S. That is why you do not see a lot of NIMBYism in eastern countries, there people understand the needs for everyone else, thus considering their selfish reasons less.

I don't mean to offend you, but can you please use "to" insted of "too"? I know what you are trying to say, but both words have different meanings.

To is a versatile preposition. Too is an adverb meaning 1) additionally, 2) excessively, 3) very, or 4) extremely. Whenever you’re in doubt about whether to use to or too, see if any of those synonyms of too would work in its place. If none fits, then you probably need to.

and where are you going to get the billions of dollars its going to take to 'modernize' the NYC Subway? as far as the Subway goes, theres an old saying, if it aint broke, dont fix it. The system is the most successful metro system in the USA and while it has its quirks I wouldnt trade it for chicagos, washingtons, or bostons system.

Here we go again with the "everyone else has it why can't we" crap.

Japan is roughly the size of Montana.

The North East Corridor is about 40 miles longer than the longest single route of the Shinkansen, the Tohoku.

Do people have no sense of scale? every country with a successful high speed network, save china, is a fraction of the size of the United States. they are all in high densidy areas where road travel is impractical.

the only thing that keeps Acela's speed down is it has to share it's tracks.

that all maybe so even that isnt what im saying we only have one line in the US that is high speed and that always runs into problems smh they have it like its no problem at all we can agree to make more of them anywhere in the states and thats sad, when Obama said we need too catch up with the world with high speed trains and rail travel he wasnt playing., we are way behind the rest of the world when it comes too that and its sick to know that they can get the support and the funding to make it possible and we cant do it at all.

Archived