The IRT, Is it the most advance line?

chrisliz09

I was thinking for a long time now, is the IRT the most advance system we have in NYCT? after all the work that has been done over the past years, we have new stations, new tracks better PA system countdown clocks and info system, and still more to come the fulton st station complex the extension of the (7) line bleaker st and alot of the new welded rails so the trains run nice and smooth. other than the over crowding on some lines during the rush hour what system do you think is the best in upgrades and technology? the IRT BMT or the IND? and why.

I was thinking for a long time now, is the IRT the most advance system we have in NYCT? after all the work that has been done over the past years, we have new stations, new tracks better PA system countdown clocks and info system, and still more to come the fulton st station complex the extension of the (7) line bleaker st and alot of the new welded rails so the trains run nice and smooth. other than the over crowding on some lines during the rush hour what system do you think is the best in upgrades and technology? the IRT BMT or the IND? and why.

the IRT is defenately more advanced, the countdown clocks which are the best, I wish every subway station had them. More of the IRT fleet is new technology trains.

You asked if the IRT is the most advanced "line". Which it isn't becuase the IRT is not a line, it's a division.

The most advanced line is the Canarsie Line, a massive rolling supercomputer network.

the IRT is the most advanced division.

i know its a div i was just saying it as a hole, but the canarsie line is CBTC but not fully and than again they dont have a good PA/CIS and countdown clock system for some reason theres isnt as good as the IRT ATS and i also asked with the upgrades like stations that have been done over and the new tracks they did the run smooth track or most call them the welded tracks,

I don't know where you get your info from, but the (L) line is 100% CBTC and other then during GO's ATO is available. Also, the next train screens are just as reliable as those in the IRT or even better since the system knows exactly where the trains are. No IRT line is as advanced as the (L), once an IRT line can operate by it's self, then you might be able to make a case for it.

he just wants to poke holes in any argument that any part of the subway is better than the IRT. He's been changing the question to suit his needs.

Question asked, question answered, lets avoid the run around. question was about "lines"; subway definitions 101, the IRT is not a "line".

canarsie was first to get the pa/cis, it's pa/cis system is accurate to the second, because the onboard computers that are operating the train and the computers that controls the PA/CIS system are both linked to the CBTC master system, which also controls the "train locator console" system that displays to passengers at Myrtle-Wycokoff Aves where EVERY L train is on the entire line. wouldn't that basicly put it up there with much more modern systems in other cities? I think it does. the IRT has reached the 1990s. The L is atleast in this century.

I remember all the mornings at Dekalb. The clock would tick down zero. the automated PA annoument would start and the train would come roaring into the station. like clockwork.

i never changed anything. i asked with all the changes that have been done on the IRT line i said with the new stations and the others to be done, and with the new tracks they have now and with the new PA/CIS i neveer said the (L) is not good or not better i just ask with all the changes that have been done and being done is it one of the most advanced div in the city. as a hole its one a the most used lines in the city. yes the (L) line is there but its only one line one train, the IRT is again like i said in all 7 lines that have been done over

He's been beating around the bush on the answer becuase he doesn't like the fact that the most advanced line is one of "The Three Stooges", and not part of the IRT.

It's only one train, but it's lightyears ahead of the IRT. All an L train T/O needs to do is push a button, and the trains do the rest. IRT still uese wayside signals, most of the recent L GOs (not related to the new fence at Canarsie yard) have been to pull the wayside's out;

FOREVER.

you must have missed what i said again i know the (L) is better when it comes too that part but its just one line that is and that line is like a long shuttle, it just one line i again am saying when it comes too all the major lines like the BMT and IND IRT is it one of the most advanced systems? if you put the (L) on the side as one of the best. and if you ont know why they did that on the (L) its because they said it had no real changes, it doesnt go exp it doesnt run with other lines anything like that its a straight line local back and forth, thats why they started the CBTC there its the easiest line too do it on. so what i was saying is knowing that what lines are more advanced other than the (L) line.

you must have missed what i said again i know the (L) is better when it comes too that part but its just one line that is and that line is like a long shuttle, it just one line i again am saying when it comes too all the major lines like the BMT and IND IRT is it one of the most advanced systems? if you put the (L) on the side as one of the best. and if you ont know why they did that on the (L) its because they said it had no real changes, it doesnt go exp it doesnt run with other lines anything like that its a straight line local back and forth, thats why they started the CBTC there its the easiest line too do it on. so what i was saying is knowing that what lines are more advanced other than the (L) line.

No other line is as advanced or more advanced than the (L) line is.... end of story.

he just wants to poke holes in any argument that any part of the subway is better than the IRT. He's been changing the question to suit his needs.

yup, I saw it the exact same way....

Just by how Chrisliz phrased the first post, leads me to believe that he wants to believe that the IRT is the superior division; almost like he was bragging (note how he uses the word "we", in the OP itself).... then in a later post, dude starts hatin on the advancements of the L line itself....

----

i know its a div i was just saying it as a hole

He said line when he meant division, its just he never apologized for a relatively simple typo. Thats the root of the problem

It wasn't a typo on his part though; dude was using the terms "line" & "division" interchanagbly....

Which is what kamen checked/corrected him on.....

Archived