Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
busdude2

Question about NJT 30 ft Nova's ?

It seems some 30 plus of the 80 baby Nova's are retired. It looks like they had more service years left just wondering why so early ?

It seems some 30 plus of the 80 baby Nova's are retired. It looks like they had more service years left just wondering why so early ?

Write-offs or poor maintenance possibly.

Write-offs or poor maintenance possibly.

factor in those reasons, and NJT tryin to get rid of them for the mini NABIs

But those low floor NABIs aren't coming in until 2012 or 2013, I believe. So even if the baby Novas have poor maintenance, why would they retire them a whole year or so before their replacements come in?!"

But those low floor NABIs aren't coming in until 2012 or 2013, I believe. So even if the baby Novas have poor maintenance, why would they retire them a whole year or so before their replacements come in?!"
That's what I was wondering it just seems too early.

That's what I was wondering it just seems too early.

i know, way too early, ill say maybe 3 years away. but njt is being cheap to avoid maintenance costs while the baby nabi are bein produced

i know, way too early, ill say maybe 3 years away. but njt is being cheap to avoid maintenance costs while the baby nabi are bein produced
I think they should have ordered 35 ft buses if they insist on going smaller then 40 ft. Some of the lines need more room then a 30 ft can handle especially now being that the 31 ft buses will be low floor buses.

I wasn't aware of 30 buses being retired yet. When did this supposedly happen?

I wasn't aware of 30 buses being retired yet. When did this supposedly happen?
As the nabi's have come in this year the 30 ft nova's have been quietly retired.

i still think that 30' buses are redundant when you really need 40's, especially in the high service areas. what can a 30 or 35 do really? hell, some places, they need 45 foot buses like the 84, the 85, the 123, and i mean 45' transit buses like the Compubus or the Millenimum RTS Xtreme. I dunno.