WCBS-TV in New York to create new 24 All-News Cable Station

R68 Subway Car

This is so cool. ;) :cool: :tup: It will combine the content of all of New York's CBS news and sports stations (SportsRadio 66 WFAN, WCBS NewsRadio 880, 1010 WINS and WCBS-TV).

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv/2011/10/18/2011-10-18_wcbs_tries_to_bridge_news_and_informationgathering_power_of_local_channels_and_s.html?r=entertainment

Relax Andrew. All this means is that CH.2/CBS in NYC is creating a 'sub digital channel' that Ch.4/NBC, Ch.7/ABC and Fox/Ch.5 already has for those who have it with beyond basic and with HDTV access.

Meaning replays of the 5, 6 and 11pm news, live extended coverage of say Mayor Bloomberg's news conference, traffic/weather reports and programs not seen on the main channels. I don't this planned CBS2 News Channel is going to be 24/7 as a direct rival to NY1.:eek:

The funny thing about NY1 is that I have that channel, so I could watch it at anytime on HD that is.

So you got NY1 MCCJ all the way in Central Fla.? Actually thinking about it that not a surprise since tons of former new yorkers live in the Tampa-Orlando and Miami areas. So IMO Time warner is smart to offer NY1 to get 'news from home' down there.

Almost all of the TWC systems in upstate ny now also offers NY1. Too bad i swicthed recently to FIOS so i now can only watch NY1 on their website.:eek:

Archived