02? 03? & A SURPRISE?! Yeah, it went down like that, Again!

The Real

Excellent, If only you can get an MTA NYCT XD-40 doing a quick test run that would be a wrap.;)

What..My shots 4813 and 4814 wasn't enough?

Nice pics especially 7018!!! where did you find 7018 at?

In the backwoods of New Jersey!

:tup::tup::tup:

Exactly, This is the first Hybrid Electric LFSA for CTTransit. Thus the humps on the roof in the rear and the words Hybrid Electric on the side in the video (if he viewed it) unlike the LFSAs currently in service which are "humpless"...Up on copyright laws but not on buses...

LMAO!!! He could brush up on those copyright laws too!

LFS-A Hybrid.....WHY DIDNT WE GET THESE AT FIRST?

There was no such thing as an LFSA HEV when the TA ordered artics. These are the first to be delivered. Last year CT ordered 35 with options for 35 more, for a total of 70 LFSA's. The order calls for a mix of both diesel and hybrid.

There was no such thing as an LFSA HEV when the TA ordered artics. These are the first to be delivered. Last year CT ordered 35 with options for 35 more, for a total of 70 LFSA's. The order calls for a mix of both diesel and hybrid.

Well as of Last spring, Nova has been on the bid for SEPTA's new artics and offered them the LFS-A HEV. That's first I heard of them then BOOM they come in CT Transit form. I wondered with the bazillon MTA's getting why not just get one as a demo.

Well as of Last spring, Nova has been on the bid for SEPTA's new artics and offered them the LFS-A HEV. That's first I heard of them then BOOM they come in CT Transit form. I wondered with the bazillon MTA's getting why not just get one as a demo.

Because with the latest Clean Diesel technology, straight Clean Diesel is just as clean as hybrid buses, so why spend extra money when its not needed.

Also the fuel savings with the Hybrids have been marginal at best.

In addition to what Trevor said, Nova didn't have an LFSA HEV for demo purposes. Therefore, no one has ever tested one to my knowledge. Not only that, but MTA is not interested in purchasing $900,000 artics right now. So it would have been a waste of both MTA's, and Nova's time to even test the thing.

Hence 0059 being straight diesel.

Archived