Using the desktop site on a mobile browser

LRG

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

I use iOS Safari to browse the web and for the first time today when I load the page the mobile site came up. Thing is, I'm not so fond of the mobile style as it takes away some of the features (e.g. chatbox), and when I try to load the desktop site it redirects me to the mobile site. Is there anything that can be done to get around this for the iOS and Android users who may not prefer the mobile site ?

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

I use iOS Safari to browse the web and for the first time today when I load the page the mobile site came up. Thing is, I'm not so fond of the mobile style as it takes away some of the features (e.g. chatbox), and when I try to load the desktop site it redirects me to the mobile site. Is there anything that can be done to get around this for the iOS and Android users who may not prefer the mobile site ?

Yep... I configured my Thunderbolt to only use the desktop to view all websites since I have no reason to use the mobile versions. I also set up my phone to use 4G only so the desktop view makes a lot more sense with such a fast connection. You have an iPhone though so I don't know where to go. In my phone, when I go to the web, I go to the menu options and then go to "more" and then "settings" and there's an option there to disable the mobile view. Start with that if you have that set up.

• 3 weeks later...

I totally disabled the mobile site until I can get the issue with the subdomain resolved.
Great, because I originally could only get the mobile site (G1 Phone); then, after you did something, I could get the regular site, but a few weeks ago, I started being able to only get the mobile site again. Now, I see the regular site again.

Archived