Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
OldLimeyGit

Hi! New member alert!

Hi everyone, as my username suggests, I am a 67YO Englishman, originally from London, now living in Crewe, Co Cheshire. (158 miles from London Euston). I used to live in Woodford, Co Essex, next to what is now the Central Line of the London Underground (Surface)

I am a retired railwayman, my career covering train control and signalling.

I am a member of the London Underground Railway Society, and a member of "District Dave's Underground Forum". District Dave was a T/O Instructor at Upminster Depot, who, sadly passed away this year - however the site lives on.

I have come over to NYC four times now, the lat time in April 2007 for a 5 day stay, when it rained the whole time!

Obviously I cannot contribute much to the forum, being so far away,(unless it relates to LU) but I would appreciate the opportunity to ask the occasional question if I cannot find the answer from any other source. I have Peter Dougherty's excellent "Tracks of the NYC Subway" book (how I wish someone could produce a similar volume for LU!), which, fortunately can be shop purchased in London.

I do not know anybody in NYC so I hope to get to know some of you guys, even if it is through a keyboard and mouse.

Cheers!

Geoff. Midgley

Welcome to the forums, Geoff Midgley! I also wish that there was a publication of the Tube like Peter Dougherty's book.