Bus 230's brothers will show up next week

CPBO

This news is bittersweet... as this means the demise of the Orion V CNGs. :cry:

The good news is... they are new C40LFs, they have the ISL - Allison powertrain, so these buses will be smooth and fast. :cool:

I hope JG is next after CP gets their batch, I hope my first ride on these NEW C40LF buses is on the B8 route when commuting, in the morning to be exact.

Catching something new off guard >>>> Going out and looking for it.

I also hope they keep the front of these buses stripless like 230, if they put the stripe they will look almost exactly the same as the old ones.

I am told that by next week we will take delivery of 2 new buses at CP....I was like ok I will not hold my breath but lets wait and see if we get em....I got my fingers and toes crossed!

That is correct. Delivery of both the C40's and the XD40's was to commence this week, but instead is to start next week.

Not with this bus. I mean in general.

It was the bus. MTA wanted a couple things changed.

About damn time those buses start coming in, we really can't keep around the V CNGs anymore, they're rapidly approaching judgement day

They're well beyond it. Old C40s or not, I'd rather not be chilling around Jamaica Center or Flushing knowing damn well those 12+ year old Orion Vs are still putt-putting around. How they've lasted this long is a mystery.

Yay.. Its about time.. Cant wait to see the new spec changes on the C40LFs.

there wont be any differentiating between transmissions right?

So much anticipation!I can almost hear that NF kneeling sound from a XD40 on the Q1 outside my window lol.

Yay.. Its about time.. Cant wait to see the new spec changes on the C40LFs.

there wont be any differentiating between transmissions right?

So much anticipation!I can almost hear that NF kneeling sound from a XD40 on the Q1 outside my window lol.

No. The transmission is still Allison.

***coughcoughtheMTAbetternottouch9967coughcough***

I better fan those Orion V CNG's ASAP! At the same time I can't wait for those new buses!

oh they will by the end of this year most of the Orion V CNG's at CP should be gone

( correct me if I'm wrong )

***coughcoughtheMTAbetternottouch9967coughcough***

I better fan those Orion V CNG's ASAP! At the same time I can't wait for those new buses!

***coughcoughtheywillcoughcough***

On a side note it's about time. I'm getting tired of only having 230 around:cool:

Looking forward to seeing these buses show up, and I'd imagine we're gonna start seeing some shakeups fleet-wise coming soon. All it takes are a few C40s at CP to affect SC, and they've got hybrids which affects JFK and LGA, now we're talking RTSes which affects NYCT and suddenly there're a whole lotta changes happening.

Yeah, you can count on major fleet changes for the next 18 months straight. All of CP's standard buses will be replaced with the new CNG's. SC's hybrids will all be shipped out. Likely to JFK and LGA. Baisley, Charleston, Flatbush, and JFK are getting artics. 800+ buses will be retired, and all the Orion V CNG's will be included.

Archived