BVE5 Installion Video and Demo Route

R44 CNG

• 4 months later...
Guest lance25
when will there be new routes for bve5

When developers figure out how to build routes/trains for BVE5. BVE5 uses an entirely different coding system than its predecessors. Adding to that is the fact that openBVE remains the more popular platform for BVE routes

Well since when did this come out? I shall be getting it very soon.

It's been out for several months now. Right now I'd hold off on downloading it because 1) there aren't many routes created for BVE5 and 2) most older BVE routes are incompatible with BVE5.

Does mackoy seriously think that people are going to switch over to a new standard, when they can keep the old one with a much better interface (OBVE)?

I can not speak for everyone, but I would rather keep OpenBVE. I tried a pre-release of it and it was an NYCTA nightmare.

I play trainz, and because of this I know it means that the content must be integrated into the new game. I would like to see an OpenBVE2.

There was a utility that converts routes from the BVE4 form to BVE5 form. That utility was definitely a nightmare, furthermore you couldn't port the trainsets as many of them were designed with the BVE2 standards (including all of mine)

I'll be sticking with OpenBVE, as again as said it provides much more flexibility while maintaining a familiar way to program for it - the new BVE5 format, based on what Ive seen so far, is completely re-done and incorporates pretty much none of the old methods that we've been using for so long.

Archived