Derailment at Brooklyn Bridge/City Hall

6 Lexington Ave

Due to a train derailment at the Brooklyn Bridge-City Hall Station:

Uptown (4), (5) and (6) train service is running express from the Brooklyn Bridge-City Hall Station to the 14th Street-Union Square Station.

Selected (5) train service is running on the (2) line from the Nevins Street Station to the 3rd Avenue-149th Street Station in both directions.

Please expect extensive delays on the (4), (5) and (6) train service at this time.

UPDATE: Due to a train derailment at the Brooklyn Bridge-City Hall Station:

Uptown (4), (5) and (6) train service is running express from the Brooklyn Bridge-City Hall Station to the Grand Central-42nd Street Station.

Downtown (4) and (5) train service is running local from the 125th Street Station to the Brooklyn Bridge-City Hall Station.

Downtown (6) train service is running local from the Parkchester Station to the 125th Street Station.

(6) train service is running to the Bowling Green Station.

Downtown (5) train service is running local from the East 180th Street Station to the 125th Street Station.

Selected (5) train service is running on the line from the Nevins Street Station to the 3rd Avenue-149th Street Station in both directions.

Please expect extensive delays on the (4), (5) and (6) train service in both directions at this time.

Another update:

Posted: 10/24/2011 7:35AM

Due to signal problems at the Bowling Green Station, select uptown (5) trains are running on the (2) line from the Nevins Street Station to the149th Street-Grand Concourse Station.

In addition, due to a train derailment at the Brooklyn Bridge-City Hall Station:

Uptown (6) train service is rerouted and running express from the Bowling Green Station to the Grand Central-42nd Street Station.

There is no downtown (6) train express service in the Bronx.

Downtown (6) train service is rerouted and running to the Bowling Green Station.

Downtown (4) and (5) train service is running local from the 125th Street Station to the Brooklyn Bridge-City Hall Station.

Downtown (5) train service is running local from the East 180th Street Station to the 149th Street-Grand Concourse Station.

There is no downtown (5) train service from the Nereid Avenue Station to the East 180th Street Station.

For alternate service, customers are advised to use the (1), (2), (3), (N), (R) and (Q) train service.

Please expect extensive delays on the (4), (5) and (6) train service in both directions at this time.

Good think I was notified, or else I would have been late. On the other hand I hope everything's alright.

Heard about it but took my chances anyway, jesus that was awful this morning. Had to let four 5 trains pass before I could fit on one...

Same here, except that after I couldn't get on the first four trains I got out and resorted to taking the (2)/(3) instead, which was a couple of blocks away.

I was like wtf why is the <6> running local then I'm like u serious I thought a switch derailment similar to the Union Square Wreck but now I know not everything is bad I scored with a Hottie on the train she was talking to me and i comforted her B) LMFAO.

Heh, lucky!!

Yeah it was a (6) along the Worth St curve. Crap piece of track with a speed limit of 20. Many T/O wrap it right out the bridge and keep it wrapped. Technically improper operation and I hope it wasn't that.

I read the prelim report and it said the rail rolled over and so far no charges against the crew, of course that could change....

Yup, about 100 feet outside of the station, but just south before the diamond ;). You never know with TA's stance that generally everything is preventable by the operating crew.

@ Lex, everything's internal, everything that happens down here has a report attached to it, from a major derailment to a minor door problem. All is needed is access to a TA computer (or knowing someone who has access to one) to download any incident, anywhere in the system. These IRS'S typically disperses of all the rumors regarding any incident.

Yup, about 100 feet outside of the station, but just south before the diamond ;). You never know with TA's stance that generally everything is preventable by the operating crew.

@ Lex, everything's internal, everything that happens down here has a report attached to it, from a major derailment to a minor door problem. All is needed is access to a TA computer (or knowing someone who has access to one) to download any incident, anywhere in the system. These IRS'S typically disperses of all the rumors regarding any incident.

That's why the C/R went for incident testing too, he should have know that the train was going to derail. At least that's the TA's thought....

That's why the C/R went for incident testing too, he should have know that the train was going to derail. At least that's the TA's thought....

I can stop laughing and crying simultaneously SMH ;) Technically, where the spot was the C/R would have just stuck their head back inside the cab window... getting ready for the train going on the ground lol!

Haven't seen the report yet. I asked about it today but no one knew any specifics other than the rail rolling, although many train ops do fly out of that station on the N/B...hopefully the incident T/O was doing proper speed...

General question for you or any of the other employees here - are incident reports located within TENS itself (perhaps within SITS)? I've looked around but haven't been able to find them. Obviously don't post the answer publicly, PM it to me...

Archived