Random Detroit Buses

Surprisingly enough, the only good looking buses in their fleet is them 2010 New Flyer D40LF's....

Lets see how long they last...

Great shots from my hometown man!!!!

Yes, maintenance is non-existent in Detrot. 45% of the fleet is out of service for repairs. And the drivers tear them all up too. Next year the 2010's will look just like the rest! most of the 4200 series buses look ok. All the 4100, 4200, and 1000 series buses ride great though. The may be filty, and beat up, but they do run good!

Yes, maintenance is non-existent in Detrot. 45% of the fleet is out of service for repairs. And the drivers tear them all up too. Next year the 2010's will look just like the rest! most of the 4200 series buses look ok. All the 4100, 4200, and 1000 series buses ride great though. The may be filty, and beat up, but they do run good!

I thought the 4200s were leased from New Flyer and DDOT mechs weren't suppose to touch them, only New Flyer? I remember hearing some deal like that and IIRC, it was Detroit.

• 4 weeks later...
I thought the 4200s were leased from New Flyer and DDOT mechs weren't suppose to touch them, only New Flyer? I remember hearing some deal like that and IIRC, it was Detroit.

I missed this post. Yes you are correct though. That may apply to the 1000's as well. I'll have to check on that.

pretty hot....they still got bike racks?? RTS.....nice.....

Apparently the RTSs lack racks.

Less than half the RTS' have bike racks. The best of the 2000 and 2001 series buses have them. None of the 1995, 1996, or 1997 buses that are left have them.

All the New Flyers have them.

Just saw this video.

All i have to say is wow. They're running a Triboro operation in a way.

Archived