Some Rare R-142/160 Announcements

Vistausss

So the (6) CAN go to brooklyn.

The 6 actually has a real selection of re-route possibilities. It can go to any of the Bronx terminals (except maybe 241st, I'd have to look that up to make sure it's not an option), and yes it can go to Brooklyn.

The 6 actually has a real selection of re-route possibilities. It can go to any of the Bronx terminals (except maybe 241st, I'd have to look that up to make sure it's not an option), and yes it can go to Brooklyn.

I read somewhere on Wikipedia (Or some other place) that the (6) went to Brooklyn for about 1 day in the past. Is this true? And if so why?

I read somewhere on Wikipedia (Or some other place) that the (6) went to Brooklyn for about 1 day in the past. Is this true? And if so why?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/6_(New_York_City_Subway_service)

During Spring and Summer 1985, there was one rush hour 6 train that ran to/from Atlantic Avenue. This was the only 6 service to run in Brooklyn.

In a nutshell, numbered routes, except for the (7), can go anywhere?

Any train can go anywhere in the system, given enough moves. Whether or not there's a route program is a different matter.

Since the discussion in this thread has been generally pretty good, I'll throw up a bonus here...

These are the RARELY SEEN R142 route programs for the 3 and 7 lines:

(3)

4iit1h.jpg

(7)

24dotg0.jpg

The other thing to note is that not every train will have every route programmed in. Depends on hardware space restrictions as well as which programs were uploaded. All trains will have MOST of the routes, but not all trains will have all routes.

For instance there are trains assigned to the 2 and 5 that do not have either 4 line program for Utica to Burnside Av.

Guest MTA Bus
Any train can go anywhere in the system, given enough moves. Whether or not there's a route program is a different matter.

Since the discussion in this thread has been generally pretty good, I'll throw up a bonus here...

These are the RARELY SEEN R142 route programs for the 3 and 7 lines:

(3)

4iit1h.jpg

(7)

24dotg0.jpg

How come the (3) has a program to Soith Ferry, but the (2) doesn't.

5:50 & beyond = foaminess lol.

I once got this:

"This is a Bowling Green bound (2) train, the next and last stop is Rector St".

^------------Thompson-------------^ ^--------------Jessica-----------^

I have a video of it, will upload it soon.

EDIT:

How come the (3) has a program to Soith Ferry, but the (2) doesn't.

Because the (2) has a program to Bowling Green via SF Loop. That's the only way to get a "2 to South Ferry" program. It's one of the programs used for one of those "split GOs" where a train goes to the Ferry Loop as a 2 and comes back uptown as a 5, or vice versa, which pop up every few years. Ever since new South Ferry opened you don't see those much anymore though since the loop station is now officially closed (and used for storage...it's a mess and not even fit for emergency service at this point anyway - there is stuff all over the platform there).

In the case of the current recurring Dyre->South Ferry GO, they use the 241st to Chambers St. program and make manual announcements from Dyre to 180, and from Chambers to the Ferry.

Ironically, there is a (5) program for Dyre to South Ferry (via 7th Avenue no less!), but there's no way to use it and have the train display and announce (2).

Archived