Passenger attacks on bus drivers soaring, new MTA statistics show

East New York

Lol yea we went to the same high school.

One thing about this story that bothers me is that the mta actually disciplined the driver on the m35!. When I was hired, the superintendents at zerega told everybody about the m35 saying that its a federally funded line and almost everybody there throws in a penny or just walks in so just say nothing and wave them in because they might try and assault you if you enforce the fare. Now he did what they told him to do and look what happened. I would like to see people from management do that line for a week and see if they will enforce that fare especially on the trips back to the island so they could get a bed for the night before they run out.

I would Love to see these Supervisors get this treatment, most of them were former Bus Oper's so I don't understand why they get on the drivers, They need to let those peices of shit that ride the M35 walk, F*&k them I don't care if they are homeless, u got no money u got no bus ride, Bottomline, if they get government money they should do what I do get a monthly metrocard it helps and its simple instead of buying bullshit, or for them drugs, they need cops on the bus sadly thats the only way to stop this bullshit

For the record, these incidents seem to be a local bus problem. We don't have these problems on the express bus. I wonder if the (MTA) should look at the express bus for ideas that could better help with the problems on the local bus?

That doesn't solve all of your problems. You could get a knucklehead that could come up and demand a transfer...

Whoaaa waitttt hold on Francesco Ranaldi ,These incidents happen on EXP. buses as well but sneaky as hell if you ask me.

When some high maint.prissy person doesn't get there way what do you think the first order of biz is??? Guess again....They call up stating some B.S. and it probably never happened.Now the EXP crowd is no easy pill to swallow so let's not talk about situations that are above your PAY GRADE buddy boy

I'm pretty sure B/Os have been attacked on those last SI bound runs on the X1 & X10, I can see some drunk Jersey Shore type dude attacking the driver for whatever reason.

There was a story where posted a while back where a B/O got attacked on a bus in Bay Ridge, while the exact route wasn't mentioned, the details they gave it did sound like one of the UP Express routes...

A little off topic, but when I fanned the X10 on new years eve a couple of B/O's was chatting about their runs, one of them had the last SI bound X10 run which got to Times Square around the time the ball dropped, he was worried about the drunk crowd... Not scared per se, but dude gave a "Ah damn aw hell no" type vibe.... I don't blame him! LOL

I'm pretty sure B/Os have been attacked on those last SI bound runs on the X1 & X10, I can see some drunk Jersey Shore type dude attacking the driver for whatever reason.

There was a story where posted a while back where a B/O got attacked on a bus in Bay Ridge, while the exact route wasn't mentioned, the details they gave it did sound like one of the UP Express routes...

A little off topic, but when I fanned the X10 on new years eve a couple of B/O's was chatting about their runs, one of them had the last SI bound X10 run which got to Times Square around the time the ball dropped, he was worried about the drunk crowd... Not scared per se, but dude gave a "Ah damn aw hell no" type vibe.... I don't blame him! LOL

have you saw that?? SI doesn't have a subway the drunks need something fast to SI and express bus is the only fast way

When I used to live in the city. I once saw an operator who worked the x1 sitting in an ambulance with his bus parked at Broadway & Grand Street this past Spring. This was around 11:30pm or so. It looked as if he got punched quite a bit around the head and face area.

Whoaaa waitttt hold on Francesco Ranaldi ,These incidents happen on EXP. buses as well but sneaky as hell if you ask me.

When some high maint.prissy person doesn't get there way what do you think the first order of biz is??? Guess again....They call up stating some B.S. and it probably never happened.Now the EXP crowd is no easy pill to swallow so let's not talk about situations that are above your PAY GRADE buddy boy

Oh please... I have yet to see an express bus driver be attacked and if anything, if there is a problem, the person or persons usually are NOT regular express bus riders. Today on the X10, we had this African guy get on the bus over by Targee street and he sat there and held us up because he didn't have the fare and the B/O refused to move until he paid. Then he started going around and asking everyone for change. I actually got up from my seat to go up to the front to see why I was being held up by this douchebag and everyone was getting annoyed. Then he starts asking how much the ride was, etc. etc. and had he not had the money to pay, I was going to kick him off myself because I cannot stand farebeaters and I don't want them on the express bus that crap. :mad:

Oh please... I have yet to see an express bus driver be attacked and if anything, if there is a problem, the person or persons usually are NOT regular express bus riders. Today on the X10, we had this African guy get on the bus over by Targee street and he sat there and held us up because he didn't have the fare and the B/O refused to move until he paid. Then he started going around and asking everyone for change. I actually got up from my seat to go up to the front to see why I was being held up by this douchebag and everyone was getting annoyed. Then he starts asking how much the ride was, etc. etc. and had he not had the money to pay, I was going to kick him off myself because I cannot stand farebeaters and I don't want them on the express bus that crap. :mad:

we all sympathize with you no one likes farebeaters they slow crap down. ooh burned ouch

Well this is very interesting!

Do you work for MTA? NO!

Are you a bus operator? NO!

Do you work in the transit industry in any capacity? NO!

Do you work for NYPD? NO!

So you want to say "Oh Please" to someone who is on the front lines everyday, you have the gall and audacity to act like you know whats going on? I don't even think so!!! I'm so sick and tired of your Express Bus Elite ass, and thinking you know every damn thing, when you don't know shit! Half the time I don't even think you know who the hell YOU are!! Get over yourself, because sound real crazy!!!

But, we are going to get into this one heavy! So don't disappear on us tonight! Because it goes DOWN is 5, 4, 3, 2......

Take it away!B)

Applesauce (and if you don't know what Applesauce means, that means BULLSHIT!!!!)

First off, I have several friends who are Express bus operators. One of them was brutally attacked by an 70+ year old woman because he didn't stop at her stop, for which she did NOT ring the bell to even get off. She walked up to him cursing slapped him across his face WHILE the bus was in motion causing a nice gash on his face from his glasses. Then the bitch plays victim when the cops show up and walk scott free! What happened to our 7-year felony protection? And you're gonna sit here and tell me that Express bus riders are of a high class? These bitches think they OWN the bus and they don't. This is not a limo, this is a bus! Suck My Nuts!

I've watched the "upper crust" folk come on many express buses and fare beat! So that comment is Null and Void. As a matter of fact, the Express Bus riders are most of the time WORSE than local customers with their "oh that's my regular seat," BITCH I dip my card and pay my $5.50 just like you do. There is no "LOOK" to an express bus rider, that is a crass and almost biased/racist comment.

I DROVE express buses for 3 years and there is all kinds of walks of life that come on Express buses just as local buses. So you can pull that BS with these other forum members not in the know, but you not gonna pull it with me.

Don't think because you ride an MCI or Prevost that you're better those that ride and LFS or an RTS. You bastards are WORSE, as a driver, I'll put up with the ******* on the B6 before I put up with you ******** on the X22... ARE YOU ******* SERIOUS, NEXT!

Applesauce (and if you don't know what Applesauce means, that means BULLSHIT!!!!)

First off, I have several friends who are Express bus operators. One of them was brutally attacked by an 70+ year old woman because he didn't stop at her stop, for which she did NOT ring the bell to even get off. She walked up to him cursing slapped him across his face WHILE the bus was in motion causing a nice gash on his face from his glasses. Then the bitch plays victim when the cops show up and walk scott free! What happened to our 7-year felony protection? And you're gonna sit here and tell me that Express bus riders are of a high class? These bitches think they OWN the bus and they don't. This is not a limo, this is a bus! Suck My Nuts!

I've watched the "upper crust" folk come on many express buses and fare beat! So that comment is Null and Void. As a matter of fact, the Express Bus riders are most of the time WORSE than local customers with their "oh that's my regular seat," BITCH I dip my card and pay my $5.50 just like you do. There is no "LOOK" to an express bus rider, that is a crass and almost biased/racist comment.

I DROVE express buses for 3 years and there is all kinds of walks of life that come on Express buses just as local buses. So you can pull that BS with these other forum members not in the know, but you not gonna pull it with me.

Don't think because you ride an MCI or Prevost that you're better those that ride and LFS or an RTS. You bastards are WORSE, as a driver, I'll put up with the ******* on the B6 before I put up with you ******** on the X22... ARE YOU ******* SERIOUS, NEXT!

Do you work for MTA? NO!

So you want to say "Oh Please" to someone who is on the front lines everyday, you have the gall and audacity to act like you know whats going on? I don't even think so!!! I'm so sick and tired of your Express Bus Elite ass, and thinking you know every damn thing, when you don't know shit! Half the time I don't even think you know who the hell YOU are!! Get over yourself, because sound real crazy!!!

But, we are going to get into this one heavy! So don't disappear on us tonight! Because it goes DOWN is 5, 4, 3, 2......

Take it away!B)

Thanx peeeps for the extra clarification

Jabroni if I was you ,I would hit the STOP REQUEST and get off cuzzzz your in a lane that you just crashed on :) by the way ....Go take a EXP bus ride on the QM10-11-QM 17 Oh yeah you would look comfy on a QM21 hey 1 more thing....Know your Role and Shut your Mouth

your applesauce is out dated

Thanx peeeps for the extra clarification

Jabroni if I was you ,I would hit the STOP REQUEST and get off cuzzzz your in a lane that you just crashed on B) by the way ....Go take a EXP bus ride on the QM10-11-QM 17 Oh yeah you would look comfy on a QM21 hey 1 more thing....Know your Role and Shut your Mouth

your applesauce is out dated

No! F the Stop Request Button!!!! How about Garibaldi just take car service! I mean you defend the rich at all costs..... You bash positions you never held.....

You get mad if someone is sitting in your seat.... You think your $11 roundtrip fare buys you a share in the Metropolitan Transportation Authority!

Damn.... Sounds to me like I need to call you a Black Car!

Can I buy you out???? I'll pay for your car service just to never hear you complain about anything, ever again, as long as I live!!!

Better yet.... I'll just buy you and UNLTD Metrocard..... You go wherever you want! But while doing so.... Sit down... Enjoy the Ride! When you are done... You will realize that the world does not revolve around YOU!

(MTA) Going Your Way!!!!

But for you! See Luminator Flip Dot Sign Below!

B46LimitedGreenFlipdot1.gif

Next Bus Please!!!

No! F the Stop Request Button!!!! How about Garibaldi just take car service! I mean you defend the rich at all costs..... You bash positions you never held.....

You get mad if someone is sitting in your seat.... You think your $11 roundtrip fare buys you a share in the Metropolitan Transportation Authority!

Damn.... Sounds to me like I need to call you a Black Car!

Can I buy you out???? I'll pay for your car service just to never hear you complain about anything, ever again, as long as I live!!!

Better yet.... I'll just buy you and UNLTD Metrocard..... You go wherever you want! But while doing so.... Sit down... Enjoy the Ride! When you are done... You will realize that the world does not revolve around YOU!

(MTA) Going Your Way!!!!

But for you! See Luminator Flip Dot Sign Below!

B46LimitedGreenFlipdot1.gif

Next Bus Please!!!

WOAH via 8 got slammed harder than anyone here to date ok I think he was referring to only SI express buses rather than express in general. But lol at the snobbish comment but damn.

Do you work for MTA? NO!

Take it away!:P

LOL.... It is what it is. I'll just do myself the favor and leave. It's been cool dealing with some of you. I suppose I'm the last link that's been making this forum so terrible, so breathe a sigh of relief... Throw a party... Do whatever floats your boat. lol

we all sympathize with you no one likes farebeaters they slow crap down. ooh burned ouch

Only if the driver cares enough to stop them. :P

And in some cases, farebeaters speed things up. There are times when the S46 is crushloaded and people come in through the back. It's a lot faster than them going in through the front and fighting their way to the back. (Not to mention some of them would've paid if there was room in the front)

You bash positions you never held.....

I don't think he's bashing express operators, but that Unlimited better be an Express Bus Plus MetroCard or it's worthless to him.

Plus, I don't think any amount of money is going to stop him from complaining.

LOL.... It is what it is. I'll just do myself the favor and leave. It's been cool dealing with some of you. I suppose I'm the last link that's been making this forum so terrible, so breathe a sigh of relief... Throw a party... Do whatever floats your boat. lol

I don't care what you do! I'm just tired of your elitist attitude, and so is everyone else! Grow up dude! You are too old and too intelligent to be as clueless as you are.

Only if the driver cares enough to stop them. :P

And in some cases, farebeaters speed things up. There are times when the S46 is crushloaded and people come in through the back. It's a lot faster than them going in through the front and fighting their way to the back. (Not to mention some of them would've paid if there was room in the front)

I don't think he's bashing express operators, but that Unlimited better be an Express Bus Plus MetroCard or it's worthless to him.

Plus, I don't think any amount of money is going to stop him from complaining.

Dude..... I'm referring to a heck of a lot more than just this thread! And he can complained somewhere else! I can understand someone having legitimate concerns about the transit system, but what he is doing does not contribute or make a bad situation any better. If he doesn't like how thinks are going he should have his ass on Wall Street protesting. Not complaining all the damn time and basically talking about how express bus riders are of a higher class than that of their local counterparts.

glitter1.gif

And your out of your GOD DAMN Skull ....Your Hero is A Worthless piece of shit and like I've said before ....HE needs to be taken down a peg or 2 so it's great to see this jabroni robin leach wannabe told straight out.

This is also a lesson to his little fruitcup fan club....You will be set straight so don't start nothing ,WONT BE Nothing

I don't care what you do! I'm just tired of your elitist attitude, and so is everyone else! Grow up dude! You are too old and too intelligent to be as clueless as you are.

Just do me a favor and close my account. I don't seem to see anything on here to do that. I wrote to Harry, but he's probably too busy or whatever.

Just do me a favor and close my account. I don't seem to see anything on here to do that. I wrote to Harry, but he's probably too busy or whatever.

You wrote Harry, so if he wants to close it, then that is between the two of you. But you know you can always just stop posting! I'm not going to even bother with it. I have better things to do. Deuces!

C'mon man you thought I was serious with that?!!

Two problems with that,

one, no grown man get to use sparkle like that

two, I've been waiting for Baldi to leave since day one!

Don't forget to write!

then who will bring up SI arguments with checkmate??? surly it can't be me I suck with short range routes I don't know SI as a local area

That made my day VS ...:cry: I'm crying at this for quarterpounder....And MHV Good to know your on the winning side:tup:

I am sorry but I don't really take immaturity seriously its below me. Besides I am not taking sides anyway.

This is quite sad and only exposes how pathetic one can really be. I don't have time for nonsense like this.

It's this supposed to be a forum of discussion rather than childsplay.

CMON vintage soul you can't possibly be that low :cool:

Archived