Passenger attacks on bus drivers soaring, new MTA statistics show

East New York

I have had my fair share of fare beaters on Express, so don't kid yourself....One of the local routes on SI are so bad drivers are putting plastic bags over the fare box and telling people it's broken...nobody pays anyway......On the other issue about security....More and more drivers are using SAP gloves while driving...They look like regular driving gloves but they have Steel Shot Knuckles...just sayin.....

Dude..... I'm referring to a heck of a lot more than just this thread! And he can complained somewhere else! I can understand someone having legitimate concerns about the transit system, but what he is doing does not contribute or make a bad situation any better. If he doesn't like how thinks are going he should have his ass on Wall Street protesting. Not complaining all the damn time and basically talking about how express bus riders are of a higher class than that of their local counterparts.

True...

then who will bring up SI arguments with checkmate??? surly it can't be me I suck with short range routes I don't know SI as a local area

More importantly, I hope he'll still fight for the S83 to be implemented. Since he works near their headquarters, he can go down to their monthly meetings. I don't want to fight for it by myself but if I have to I will.

I have had my fair share of fare beaters on Express, so don't kid yourself....One of the local routes on SI are so bad drivers are putting plastic bags over the fare box and telling people it's broken...nobody pays anyway......On the other issue about security....More and more drivers are using SAP gloves while driving...They look like regular driving gloves but they have Steel Shot Knuckles...just sayin.....

Which route is that? I could use a free ride. ;)

I mean, farebeaters tend to be teenagers, so I wouldn't say it's really any specific route. I mean obviously living on the North Shore, I ride those routes often and see a lot of farebeating on the S46 and the S48 to an extent (that I really could care less about as long as I get where I need to go), but I could picture some kid on the South Shore farebeating.

Whatever. Live and let live is what I say.

I am sorry but I don't really take immaturity seriously its below me. Besides I am not taking sides anyway.

This is quite sad and only exposes how pathetic one can really be. I don't have time for nonsense like this.

It's this supposed to be a forum of discussion rather than childsplay.

CMON vintage soul you can't possibly be that low :cool:

Really? I suggest you stay out of things that are of no concern to you. You really have a lot of nerves talking about immaturity. You have done some very immature things on several occasions. That's why your account was suspended for two weeks. So you better watch yourself because the first time I have to say anything to you about your conduct on these forums will be your last!

Really? I suggest you stay out of things that are of no concern to you. You really have a lot of nerves talking about immaturity. You have done some very immature things on several occasions. That's why your account was suspended for two weeks. So you better watch yourself because the first time I have to say anything to you about your conduct on these forums will be your last!
ENY has spoken the truth, well said. :tup:

sorry I guess I can't knock ya if you are right o well back to NJ forums for me my questions still need answering my bad.

then who will bring up SI arguments with checkmate??? surly it can't be me I suck with short range routes I don't know SI as a local area

Don't you worry, I'll take his role as the express bus elitist if I must.

One thing: X90. Let the hatred begin.

And we have a special place for you too!;) So don't get carried away!

Back on topic, anyone who assaults a transit employee needs to do some time period. It needs to be a mandatory felony across the board. Now I will admit that some drivers have really nasty attitudes that need to be checked, but assault is never justified.

I am sorry but I don't really take immaturity seriously its below me. Besides I am not taking sides anyway.

This is quite sad and only exposes how pathetic one can really be. I don't have time for nonsense like this.

It's this supposed to be a forum of discussion rather than childsplay.

CMON vintage soul you can't possibly be that low :cool:

:eek: Oooo, someone is lacking in the sense of humor department....

Low, Hun? Never That, HOWEVER you were the one who said you sucked with short range routes...In my book, that equals a fail, thus why you got the TPIR Fail Horn.

The bigger fail is that rely on Garibaldspot or however the hell you spell his name to be your back up or leader for short range routes and knowing the SI Area. But since your pal is gone lemme help you a bit...

Click here for the SI Bus Map

SI Bus Schedules

Click here for the SI Railway

And IF that is not enough for ya...

Click Here for a Staten Island Google Map

Get into it.... ;)

:eek: Oooo, someone is lacking in the sense of humor department....

Low, Hun? Never That, HOWEVER you were the one who said you sucked with short range routes...In my book, that equals a fail, thus why you got the TPIR Fail Horn.

The bigger fail is that rely on Garibaldspot or however the hell you spell his name to be your back up or leader for short range routes and knowing the SI Area. But since your pal is gone lemme help you a bit...

Click here for the SI Bus Map

SI Bus Schedules

Click here for the SI Railway

And IF that is not enough for ya...

Click Here for a Staten Island Google Map

Get into it.... ;)

That is why I NEVER made short range proposals ever. Most of the buses I used were shortline and LI buses and NJT ones in NYC I mostly use subway and express bus. The only things I could find in SI was strengthen S54-57 via trip generators in NJ. Within SI err let someone else deal with that again not my area of expertise. I guess you are right o well.

AWW shit here we go not gonna get involved in this mess I have info to gather don't have time for the hatred plz drop the X90 plz if it was so important it would have interlined with an SI express rte to maximize revenue.

Question is....

What real need is there for one to begin with....

FG left, too busy being a crybaby...

VG8 left for w/e reason(s) he did...

You can continue THAT trend too if you like, Gorgor....

Applesauce (and if you don't know what Applesauce means, that means BULLSHIT!!!!)

First off, I have several friends who are Express bus operators. One of them was brutally attacked by an 70+ year old woman because he didn't stop at her stop, for which she did NOT ring the bell to even get off. She walked up to him cursing slapped him across his face WHILE the bus was in motion causing a nice gash on his face from his glasses. Then the bitch plays victim when the cops show up and walk scott free! What happened to our 7-year felony protection? And you're gonna sit here and tell me that Express bus riders are of a high class? These bitches think they OWN the bus and they don't. This is not a limo, this is a bus! Suck My Nuts!

I've watched the "upper crust" folk come on many express buses and fare beat! So that comment is Null and Void. As a matter of fact, the Express Bus riders are most of the time WORSE than local customers with their "oh that's my regular seat," BITCH I dip my card and pay my $5.50 just like you do. There is no "LOOK" to an express bus rider, that is a crass and almost biased/racist comment.

I DROVE express buses for 3 years and there is all kinds of walks of life that come on Express buses just as local buses. So you can pull that BS with these other forum members not in the know, but you not gonna pull it with me.

Don't think because you ride an MCI or Prevost that you're better those that ride and LFS or an RTS. You bastards are WORSE, as a driver, I'll put up with the ******* on the B6 before I put up with you ******** on the X22... ARE YOU ******* SERIOUS, NEXT!

Holy shit my brother! PREACH!!! YES!!!

The X90 can kiss my ass, they better put hybrids back on that line like the last day it was in service last year if they bring it back! LOL

hybrid MCI?? ok hybrid regulars no the reason the X90 cen be restructured as an interlined line with an SI bound rte just as X25 was interlined with X29 X90 should be interlined with a very busy SI rte in a way it will create a reverse service

hybrid MCI?? ok hybrid regulars no the reason the X90 cen be restructured as an interlined line with an SI bound rte just as X25 was interlined with X29 X90 should be interlined with a very busy SI rte in a way it will create a reverse service

Ah we don't have MCI Hybrids.....he's referring to the NG HEV!

Just live by these rules.....1- You are not a toll collector....who cares if they pay or not.... 2-You are not NYPD if there is a problem on your bus, stop and open the doors....you were hired to be a BUS DRIVER thats all nothing else period.......

With all Due respect but only BUS OPS know the True code for said Title

The MTA cares about the fare being collected ....about us hmmmm not really

We may not be NYPD but we do get special training for certain emergencies that might arise ,No I can't reveal what that is due to cough cough NYPD/Hazmat etc Training us at a certain place but you want us to just OPERATE the bus right,Well S.I. there is a whole lot more to it then just doing that ....Thanks for your support and the next time anyone looks at a Bus Op...Grant him the DAMN respect he's due cause whether you realize it or not....We got the whole world in our hands.:tup:

Question is....

What real need is there for one to begin with....

FG left, too busy being a crybaby...

VG8 left for w/e reason(s) he did...

You can continue THAT trend too if you like, Gorgor....

The common bond, they all love express buses

The common bond, they all love express buses

And they think everybody else is an express bus hater unless they approve of every route in the system (though I don't think that's the case with Gorgor)

I did find a post on Subchat where FG was willing to let some routes go, but then he ended up becoming stubborn and immature on that topic.

At least VG8 remained mature and gave reasons (even if they made no sense), unlike FG with his 1-word responses`.

Just live by these rules.....1- You are not a toll collector....who cares if they pay or not.... 2-You are not NYPD if there is a problem on your bus, stop and open the doors....you were hired to be a BUS DRIVER thats all nothing else period.......

With all Due respect but only BUS OPS know the True code for said Title

The MTA cares about the fare being collected ....about us hmmmm not really

We may not be NYPD but we do get special training for certain emergencies that might arise ,No I can't reveal what that is due to cough cough NYPD/Hazmat etc Training us at a certain place but you want us to just OPERATE the bus right,Well S.I. there is a whole lot more to it then just doing that ....Thanks for your support and the next time anyone looks at a Bus Op...Grant him the DAMN respect he's due cause whether you realize it or not....We got the whole world in our hands.:tup:

This is more of a response to Staten Island, but had to quote KR's reply too, because it's probably the realest shit anyone's ever posted about MTA's Bus Operators. Now, though I'm a rookie at this, I can truly testify to the fact there's more to operating a bus than your average joe thinks. I guarantee if anyone gets behind the seat of that 40-60 ft. bus for any amount of minutes, in light traffic, you wouldn't last.. and you would find a new respect our occupation. It's not easy. Something different arises everyday, and you have to deal with it the best way you were trained, plus common sense (more so the latter though).

Moral of the post:

Never think of us as just "bus drivers"; we are paid professionals and have the title of "Bus Operator" for a reason.

Archived