The MTA is testing a gillig low floor bus!

trainfan22

sombody said the samething about that New Flyer bus on that site yesterday......lol

I like the new flyer C40LFs but there are too many ! And there were almost no Orion VII CNGs leaving JG Depot on the midday rush, mostly C40LFs. There were a decent amount of Orion V CNGs out and about and i'm going to head back there for full CNG coverage with both Orion and New Flyer model buses. I always wondered, how come The Bronx does not have C40LFs?

@Orion - I'm heading up to the bronx. I went up there 2 weeks back driving to Pocono Lake, Pennsylvania and saw a few CNGs and D60HFs around Yankees Stadium. D60HFs looks kinda weird in a suburb, thats probably cause I've seen it in the city the most of my life, lol.

I like the new flyer C40LFs but there are too many ! And there were almost no Orion VII CNGs leaving JG Depot on the midday rush, mostly C40LFs. There were a decent amount of Orion V CNGs out and about and i'm going to head back there for full CNG coverage with both Orion and New Flyer model buses. I always wondered, how come The Bronx does not have C40LFs?

@Orion - I'm heading up to the bronx. I went up there 2 weeks back driving to Pocono Lake, Pennsylvania and saw a few CNGs and D60HFs around Yankees Stadium. D60HFs looks kinda weird in a suburb, thats probably cause I've seen it in the city the most of my life, lol.

Because when the TA got the Flyers they didn't want them to get jacked up on those BX streets! Thats why there is a low floor Flyer up there now. IMO from the begining, the TA has never been fond of NF Low Floor's. Thats why they pushed so hard for high floor artics. Now they look dumb. Get over it, and Bring on the DE60LFR's.

Because when the TA got the Flyers they didn't want them to get jacked up on those BX streets! Thats why there is a low floor Flyer up there now. IMO from the begining, the TA has never been fond of NF Low Floor's. Thats why they pushed so hard for high floor artics. Now they look dumb. Get over it, and Bring on the DE60LFR's.

and (MTA) is proud of themselves for not getting it. wow

I really hope you don't mean The Bronx as a suburb :confused:. The D60HFs there are the Bx1 on the Grand Concourse, and the Bx19 around 149st (I worked both). The Orion VII CNGs at Yankee Stadium, are the Bx6 bus line (worked that one also).....

I really hope you don't mean The Bronx as a suburb :confused:. The D60HFs there are the Bx1 on the Grand Concourse, and the Bx19 around 149st (I worked both). The Orion VII CNGs at Yankee Stadium, are the Bx6 bus line (worked that one also).....
I wonder why Manhattanville doesn't run the Bx15 and Amsterdam doesn't run the Bx19 or Bx6, these depots are closer...

I've only been to so very little parts of The Bronx, mostly around woodlawn and bedford park areas, that was it, and this was 6 years ago :D

I dont really know how its like, thats why i'm making my voyage there again this coming week

• 8 years later...

Archived