(L) to get extra service next summer

JubaionBx12+SBS

i think the l should get rid of all there r143 n get all r160 , send the 142s on the j/z line , plus wid the cbtc i think that will happen

J/Z Lines are both on the BMT Division unlike the number lines or IRT Division.

As trainfan22 said, there will be a huge gap between the train and the platform. AND, the R142s are 51ft while the R143/R160 are 60ft. The R142s are more thinner than the R143/R160s. All 10-cars will not fit in the whole platform on their lines. Lets see, 480 vs. 510, I guess 10-car of R142s are longer than 8-car R143s/R160s.

I once suggested converting track 3 (the first track in the yard, next to the station) into a dropoff track, by adding a platform leading to the street exit along the fence separating it from the station. So people could leave from there, and the train could either head back, or layup (the layups also back things up, since they have to make sure everyone is off).

On the other end, to tie the extra track directly to the 6th Ave station tracks, so trains could drop out there and go back, and not have to wait to get into 8th Ave. backing all the incoming traffic.

They didn't think it was worth the money.

Or they could have left the other 2 tracks leading from Atlantic Av u could store at least 6-10 trains. Connect the tracks to the main line u can even turn trains if u wanted to.

I once suggested converting track 3 (the first track in the yard, next to the station) into a dropoff track, by adding a platform leading to the street exit along the fence separating it from the station. So people could leave from there, and the train could either head back, or layup (the layups also back things up, since they have to make sure everyone is off).

On the other end, to tie the extra track directly to the 6th Ave station tracks, so trains could drop out there and go back, and not have to wait to get into 8th Ave. backing all the incoming traffic.

They didn't think it was worth the money.

Or they could have left the other 2 tracks leading from Atlantic Av u could store at least 6-10 trains. Connect the tracks to the main line u can even turn trains if u wanted to.

i think the l should get rid of all there r143 n get all r160 , send the 142s on the j/z line , plus wid the cbtc i think that will happen

That can't happen for plenty of reasons, and doing said actions would be very enxpesive, extremely unnecessary.

(...Am I the only one that lmao'd at the post?

Archived