Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
T to Dyre Avenue

Mayor wants 7 extension to Secaucus

It's back! On page 7 of today's Post, there is an article about Mayor Bloomberg pushing for extending the (7) train to Secaucus and getting the project ready for construction before his third term is up. Apparently, Bloomberg became more enthusiastic about the extension after reading the results of the Parsons Brinckerhoff study. Now he wants to go public with a formal proposal for the (7) to NJ next year. What's more, the Christie administration and the Port Authority appear to be in favor of the proposal and are working with City Hall on the concept, but they want the City to take the lead on it. This could get very interesting over the next few months.

Merge with the other new thread, please ;)

Yes, if I had a faster Internet connection at work, I would have seen Shortline's thread before posting my own. Sorry for the duplicate thread.

Yes, if I had a faster Internet connection at work, I would have seen Shortline's thread before posting my own. Sorry for the duplicate thread.

I would of wanted your thread instead! Unlike Mr. Being first to post the news dude.

I would of wanted your thread instead! Unlike Mr. Being first to post the news dude.

Thanks Mark. In any case, what I found most interesting about the article was that the PA and Christie are showing interest in this concept, rather than objecting to it, as some of us expected them to do last time it came up.

Guest lance25
Thanks Mark. In any case, what I found most interesting about the article was that the PA and Christie are showing interest in this concept, rather than objecting to it, as some of us expected them to do last time it came up.

Of course Gov. Christie and the Port Authority seem interested in the project. They won't have to pay for it. New York (and possibly the federal government) would pay for this and Jersey would reap all the benefits.