[TA] New Bus Operator Exam File Date

Acela Express

Word is the new TA BO Exam file date is January 3rd, 2012.

The exam should be held sometime in April 2012.

Those seeking for a chance to become Civil Service, this is it.

Get the study guide now as the date draws near and the books may be sold out. Don't wait!

Good luck.

Get the study guide now as the date draws near and the books may be sold out. Don't wait!

Good luck.

Thanx for the heads up. Just a question though the study guide you look for it online or are there special stores that sell it?

Someone else may chime in on this, but prior to the exam I took in 2006 for TA, I studied from the Arco-published book for Bus Operator examinations.

I found this link via Barnes and Noble: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/arco-bus-operator-conductor-arco/1001924459?ean=9780671871345&itm=1&usri=arco%2bbus%2boperator

Hope that helps. And remember, this is for Civil Service status.

Good luck.

it seems the bus operator tests come out every year after what happen to many of us with the 1-3 rule which is b.s i guess they will do it with this exam aalso no wonder why they went threw the list so fast ill file again but not happy about what transit is doing some kind of lottery thing is so wrong

What I don't understand is why was the 8006 exam(04/08) given only 2 years after the 5025 on 04/06.

It's supposed to be every 4 years.

They didn't start calling from the 8006 list until about 18 months since the list was established.

The 8006 list has only about 22 more months before it expires.

Somebody should email Greg Mocker from WB11,(mocker@pix11.com)

maybe he can do a story about what is going on with the 1 in 3 rule which is only affecting the 8006 list.

• 2 weeks later...

Good luck.

were did u find this info can i get the link if u can find it thanks

Hey guys I already took exam #8006 still no word yet, and I ready sent the money a few months ago for MTA BUS Exam. Should pay to take this exam even if I would get called for 8006 by the New Year?

Mass you will most likely not get called from exam 8006 much less get called by the new year . Your list # is in the 3500's what makes you think you will get called .???? You should use a little common sense dude.

Mass you will most likely not get called from exam 8006 much less get called by the new year . Your list # is in the 3500's what makes you think you will get called .???? You should use a little common sense dude.

And what exactly is that supposed to be mean? Your list number could be 3500 and still be called, depending on how many people they need as they are filling in vacancies on the regular. As long as the exam is still active with DCAS, he still has a chance.

Mass, just wait it out. It doesn't hurt to file for the upcoming exam too. You never know how things may turn out.

And what exactly is that supposed to be mean? Your list number could be 3500 and still be called, depending on how many people they need as they are filling in vacancies on the regular. As long as the exam is still active with DCAS, he still has a chance.

Mass, just wait it out. It doesn't hurt to file for the upcoming exam too. You never know how things may turn out.

I JUST GOT CALLED FOR OA & I DIDNT TAKE A EXAM MY LIST # 3162 I APPLY FOR THAT BACK IN 2008- U JUST HAVE TO LIVE YOUR LIFE. IF U WAIT FOR THAT CALL EVERYDAY U GOING TO CATCH A HEADACHE EVERYDAY. I'm on exam list 8006 too list #1300 just enjoy ur life like i said cause when u become Mta property ur social life is over that's what I heard LOL

just enjoy ur life like i said cause when u become Mta property ur social life is over that's what I heard LOL

You heard wrong. I still find time to chill with my girl, enjoy the gym, and be on the block with my boys without MTA interfering at the most. Granted, it's not as much time as before, but I've found a way to make it work. Many of the vets I've seen spend their time hanging around the swing room, which is why they have issues at home with their spouses and so forth. Make it work for ya.

Yes he has a slim chance sorry I stand corrected lol. But he can forget about conductor

Being in the 8000's that call is an impossibility. I know it is based on the hiring needs of the mta but if you don't score well enough and get a good list # they will never get up to your number .

You heard wrong. I still find time to chill with my girl, enjoy the gym, and be on the block with my boys without MTA interfering at the most. Granted, it's not as much time as before, but I've found a way to make it work. Many of the vets I've seen spend their time hanging around the swing room, which is why they have issues at home with their spouses and so forth. Make it work for ya.

I hear u my dude ur rite

Yes he has a slim chance sorry I stand corrected lol. But he can forget about conductor

Being in the 8000's that call is an impossibility. I know it is based on the hiring needs of the mta but if you don't score well enough and get a good list # they will never get up to your number .

You're right and wrong on that stance. It is possible for one to be called at list number of 8000. Slim chance? Perhaps, but still possible. You have to understand that thousands and thousands of applicants file for the position, but it's like a pyramid, and only the strongest will survive to the top basically. You notice how they're able to weed out dozens of people because they simply can't follow through the steps accordingly via the hiring stages? It may be 4 years til he's called, but as long as the exam is active, there's always a chance. Remember that.

Pray - it always helps. Trust me. And good luck.

I would bet my life that he will not be called with a list # in the 8000's the mta has never called that many people for conductor . I know that some people don't make it through the process , don't accept it etc..... Not a snowballs chance in hell will he be called

For conductor . People should stop hanging on to False hope because that only will make

Them disappointed .

:mad::tdown:@primomjr78 I have common sense and I use my head a lot, and just for the record my list# is in the 2000's for exam#8006. Okay yes I'm well aware others have scored higher than me, and have a lower list#, but doesn't mean that I failed the exam. Just gotta wait it out like AE said. Why you gotta be so negative to me, and to others?

;):tup:@AE thanks for being positive to me, and to others that are waiting it out like me until there time comes. It is true about what you said about the open slots they have for B/O, and I found out from a NYCT Bus supervisor a few weeks ago that said the same.

Here is food for thought....I was on a Mabstoa list from 06.....had a list number of 6600 and they asked me if I wanted to work at MTABC....I had no idea of the difference and said yes.....my point being I had a list number of 6600 and got called......now my 10,000 list number for conductor.....as we see it did not happen.....they had over 22k people that passed the test in 03 for conductor....they maybe got thru 1200.....I’ve been sayin this for a while.....this is a cash cow for them....they are making millions on these exams!!

Here is food for thought....I was on a Mabstoa list from 06.....had a list number of 6600 and they asked me if I wanted to work at MTABC....I had no idea of the difference and said yes.....my point being I had a list number of 6600 and got called......now my 10,000 list number for conductor.....as we see it did not happen.....they had over 22k people that passed the test in 03 for conductor....they maybe got thru 1200.....I’ve been sayin this for a while.....this is a cash cow for them....they are making millions on these exams!!

The bus jobs go through more list #'s than any other title in the mta

because the road test and practical exam are very difficult and a lot of people do not pass the 10 day training . The turnover is also high because some Bo

move up to to or dispatcher .

I got an up date saw a training bus rts when i was driving back to Staten island from the city in the access a ride car. rts bus #9410 at 3:59pm on the gawanas expressway i was following it side by side when i was heading back to Staten island from the city said training bus on it hope this helps.

if i see anymore training buses when i`m at work driving the access a ride car or bus i will try to get the number of bus time and location

Archived