Chronic subway and bus stealer strikes again

trainfan22

NEW YORK -- Darius McCollum, a known transit impersonator who has stolen trains, busses and other transit vehicles, was arrested again on Saturday.

McCollum, 43, of Queens had 23 prior arrests on charges ranging from grand larceny to criminal impersonation.

Members of the New York Police Department's Transit Queens Task Force, who were on patrol covering train lines that connect Manhattan and Queens, saw McCollum enter a secured area wearing clothing and attire similar to a transit workers' uniform.

Officers arrested McCollum after he entered the secured area. In his possession, they found written material containing knowledge of the transit system.

The incident happened at about 2:12 a.m. Saturday at the 59th Street and Columbus Circle subway station.

He was charged with criminal impersonation, criminal trespassing and criminal possession of burglar tools, police said.

Authorities said McCollum has stolen busses and other transit vehicles throughout his "career." They also said he got into the tower room and played with switches for the trains

And heres the link http://www.wnbc.com/news/16608231/detail.html?dl=headlineclick

-------------------------------

What is wrong with this guy? he keeps pretening to be a transit worker and always get cought. Maybe the MTA should just give him a job.

NEW YORK -- Darius McCollum, a known transit impersonator who has stolen trains, busses and other transit vehicles, was arrested again on Saturday.

McCollum, 43, of Queens had 23 prior arrests on charges ranging from grand larceny to criminal impersonation.

Members of the New York Police Department's Transit Queens Task Force, who were on patrol covering train lines that connect Manhattan and Queens, saw McCollum enter a secured area wearing clothing and attire similar to a transit workers' uniform.

Officers arrested McCollum after he entered the secured area. In his possession, they found written material containing knowledge of the transit system.

The incident happened at about 2:12 a.m. Saturday at the 59th Street and Columbus Circle subway station.

He was charged with criminal impersonation, criminal trespassing and criminal possession of burglar tools, police said.

Authorities said McCollum has stolen busses and other transit vehicles throughout his "career." They also said he got into the tower room and played with switches for the trains

And heres the link http://www.wnbc.com/news/16608231/detail.html?dl=headlineclick

What is wrong with this guy? he keeps pretening to be a transit worker and always get cought. Maybe the MTA should just give him a job.

You beat me too it trainfan:cool::cool:

P.S NO way this person gets a job down here unfortunately(and i dont like to use the word) hes a foamer exterme and they DONT make good empolyees seen it myself first hand in 2001 when i got hired..

You beat me too it trainfan:cool::cool:

P.S NO way this person gets a job down here unfortunately(and i dont like to use the word) hes a foamer exterme and they DONT make good empolyees seen it myself first hand in 2001 when i got hired..

IAWTP. This guy sounds like the type that if you give him a job as a T/O he's still going to try and play ATD or TW/O or something else on his days "off", not to mention "thinking he knows the rules better" and doing things however HE wants instead of following the rules/bulletins. I heard somewhere he was quoted as saying that he thinks speeding is OK (or something to that effect)...

Not to mention the potential lawsuits faced by the MTA for hiring someone like him...

There is a pro and a con to him getting that kind of job. The pro would be that he could work for the money instead of being a bottom feeder. The con would be that he would most likely take from the lost and found, so there would be no point in helping that bastard.

The guy has Asperger's (which is mild Autism). He's basically mentally handicapped so he doesn't think like us normal people do. He has the same basic level of thinking but he doesn't have that sense of understanding reality, basically. That's why he always goes otu on the same day every year, and with the same plot. He doesn't think anyone has noticed that's what he does every year yet.

This guy is realy retarded! See... i driven a bus before, but never had to steal one. i have very close friends and family that work for the (MTA).

To be honest with you that post doesn't make any sence. Darius doesn't have any family or friends that works in the MTA. Maybe he doesn't have the money to buy a privatly owned bus.

Btw hes not retarded. He just has some mental problems and takes his love for transit over the top.

You cannot compare your sitation to darius sitation. Its an unfair comparsion....

To be honest with you that post doesn't make any sence. Darius doesn't have any family or friends that works in the MTA. Maybe he doesn't have the money to buy a privatly owned bus.

Btw hes not retarded. He just has some mental problems and takes his love for transit over the top.

You cannot compare your sitation to darius sitation. Its an unfair comparsion....

I would imagine there are people like that though. There is a thin line between love and obsession. However crazy it may be, at least you don't have to worry about people like that destroying MTA property. I'm sure he took very good care of those buses and trains! LOL

The guy has Asperger's (which is mild Autism). He's basically mentally handicapped so he doesn't think like us normal people do. He has the same basic level of thinking but he doesn't have that sense of understanding reality, basically. That's why he always goes otu on the same day every year, and with the same plot. He doesn't think anyone has noticed that's what he does every year yet.

It's true what you posted. They did an episode on this on the one of the Discovery Channels, channels (TLC etc.....), and they spoke of people in Europe who do exactly what Darius does. They do have a mental disorder, but it's not retardation.........

And I thought i was obsessed... Darius will never take my title as "The Don of All Buses".

Archived