NYCTA Custom Station Building Kit

Hey All,

Just wanted to announce the release of my NYCTA Custom Station Kit to allow all of you to build your own subway stations! You don't have to use them exclusively for NYCTA, you can use them however you'd like.

Included in the kit are 30+ objects for you to mix and match and come up with literally ANY layout, ANY design, ANY color scheme you'd like.

This should save time and patience (and frustration) for those who have requested to clone/reskin my stations. Now you don't have to (or you can if you'd like).

The package includes:

Island & Side Platform splines (5m)

Trackside Wall & Platform Wall splines (3m)

Single Platform Beam splines (5m)

Double Platform Beam splines (5m)

Station roof splines (5m)--these are in 4m, 8m, 12m & 16m widths to span virtually any number of tracks. I only went up to 16m, so for anything wider, you'll just have to use more.

Track Pillar Spline (5m)

Track Pillar Spline (5m) with Roof (the roof only spans 8m, enough for one track on both sides. Again--for wider stations, I suggest using multiples of these splines to achieve the desired effect.

Also, I've included the subway station garbage can, bench and exit stairs, in case anybody needs them and hasn't already downloaded the .cdp. I figure it's easier to combine all of the items necessary to create your own station.

I hope you all really enjoy this kit and I would LOVE to see some screenshots of what your imagination can come up with! Content creation has become a labor of love for me, and it feels WONDERFUL giving back to the community.

-A :cool:

EDIT: Link taken down to fix asset errors with the trackside walls. It will be republished shortly.

Yes, Beams, platform walls and trackside walls will be available in the six colors that are utilized in my subway station package (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple). Beams also have a silver color, but no corresponding walls. I think this would be cool to have silver beams but a different color wall scheme--I am using silver beams/orange walls for my Bowling Green layout.

I had to fix the "bendy" tag for the wall splines and correct a height issue for the platform walls (they're supposed to be 3.1m tall, not 4.5 like the trackside walls). I also made the platform walls double-ended like the ones at the platform ends in my stations, so they will be visible from both sides--I think it looks unrealistic when you can see right through the wall coming into an island station, yet the opposite side is visible.

Right now, I am starting on Zach Summer's custom NYC Subway hand-drawn map, which should keep me busy for a few hours. Expect the mediafire link to be re-posted by tonight.

-A :cool:

Green Egg's your station kit is awesome i made some subway stations and they look great. i'll try to post some screens later on or tomorrow. but i want to say thanks for all your hard work making all these things by yourself, no other content creator would take so much time and spend so many hours awake at night fixing errors. and no other content creator would make these nitpicky things, but you did i hope i speak for everybody that does NYCTA in trainz when i say thanks for all your hard work. :(:):tup::tup:

• 2 weeks later...

Hello All,

After fiddling around with some of the assets in the custom station kit, I've noticed that the wall textures are little subpar (you can still see where I painted over certain areas, and missed some). My editing job wasn't that good. Also, using the roofs separately from the walls is a PITA. I looked at how Paulzmay reskinned the AJS station kit, and have decided to re-do the platform and trackside walls to have roofs built into them.

Now, when laying the trackside and platform walls, the roof is automatically made over the top of the spline (16m wide); if using two walls, the max you can space is 32m which should be more than enough for even the busiest of stations. But knowing that you, my friends, get very creative, I've also re-done the textures and widened the roofs that come attached to the pillars. Those roofs are now 16m as well, meaning one spline of pillars has a roof that can span four trackways (two on each side).

As always, I strive to make the best content for you guys, and I always welcome your suggestions, big or small.

A mediafire link will be posted tomorrow afternoon for download. The KUID numbers are similar, so select "overwrite all" when prompted in Content Manager.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived