Protect IP Bill (E-Parasite)sites like youtube,facebook,twitter and internet jobs could be at risk

MTARegional Bus

http://hothardware.com/News/PROTECTIP%2DAct%2DBecomes%2DEPARASITE%2DAnd%2DGets%2DMuch%2DWorse/

Explained

Bill

http://leahy.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/BillText-PROTECTIPAct.pdf

I send a message to my congressman which will not do much but it is something, The internet is at risk if the bill is passed. entertainment and movie company's will go on a suing spree for the little thing like a ironman poster background of your video or a to shutdown a website that has picture of ironman ,that's just wrong and its internet censorship witch violates freedom of speech and fair use, it will be like the china's internet firewall.

It no surprise that Viacom is supporting this bill, they want to get rid of YouTube for good.:redface2:

here's who you can help.

http://act.demandprogress.org/letter/pipa_letter/

tell you senator or congressman to not support Protect IP Bill (E-Parasite) and as well for you guys that go to different forums and sites please pass this around.

It's a game of cat and mouse. Every time the government does something stupid to erode rights, new technology is introduced to get around the restrictions. Closing off the Internet to corporations will push many to join darknets. I believe it will lead to a lose-lose situation where Hollywood doesn't get the results it wants and criminals can hide their activities better after the proliferation of such darknets.

true however this bill violates amendments there is no way it can pass it's just too stupid. Seriously it's bills like these that kill innovation and only breed patent trolls allowing losers to extort money from real hard working companies seriously this allows fraud and extortion to happen right in our faces. To the OP trust me you are not the only one opposing this bill millions of others will not stand for it.

It's a game of cat and mouse. Every time the government does something stupid to erode rights, new technology is introduced to get around the restrictions. Closing off the Internet to corporations will push many to join darknets. I believe it will lead to a lose-lose situation where Hollywood doesn't get the results it wants and criminals can hide their activities better after the proliferation of such darknets.

Thank goodness I know how to use proxys. the people that support this bill don't know anything about the internet, it is a very vast system, remember Ted Stevens line

''The internet is not big truck its a series of tube''

Even John McCain like the dinosaur that he is support this bill, just think what will happen if we was president, it would have pass this bill.

Disgusting stuff, really disgusting. Thanks for the heads-up though, wasn't aware of this before.

No Problem man, do what you have to spread the message to your forums, Youtube channel, twitter and Facebook. it let your voices be hears and contact your congress man and senator to not support the Stop Online Piracy Act.

They pulled this stunt before back in May now there trying to rush it to the house of representatives without everyone knowing, Thankfully the senator from Oregon oppose it but this bill on hold for now.

I agree that Piracy is an issue that need to be stop, but this bill isn't the right way to go, first off the entertainment industry that support this bill thinks that it will get rid of rogue sites that have the copyrighted content by just blocking there DNS, witch you can easily go around it by finding there IP address without using the domain name, also If the DNS is overseas and the Government blocked it you can use overseas Proxy's to unblock a site, This will put the U.S internet Security at a great risk.

Also it will give the entertainment industry to much power that they will abuse it, They will go after Google or yahoo for not censoring there searches, shutdown a bloggers site just because they have a picture of Spiderman or they have a Spiderman poster in the background of a photo, they will even go after YouTube for having copyrighted music and the background of your videos or even sing it,''that how Justin Bieber got famous right?.and have copyrighted recorded Gameplay footage would be removed.this will slow down internet innovation witch is making a lot of money right now in a sluggish economy.

This is internet censorship That violate freedom of speech and far use and overturns the millennium Copyright act, that protects internet users.

There trying to put a simple solution to a complex problem. so please guys don't let the internet be the great firewall of China.

Do they have some kind of form letter regarding this so I can just send it to my elected officials? I'm loo lazy to write out my own letter. :P

Seriously, though, I'll write a regular letter, but it would make it easier if there was a form letter.

Here you buddy, just go to this site.

http://act.demandprogress.org/letter/pipa_letter/

The note is on the right side of the site, just but your congressman or elected officials email on it.

Usually they don't have the email so go to the congressman's or an elected officials web site on contact menu and copy and past the note from there.

I would say technologically retarded, some of these senator are dinosaurs and can't use a smart phone

Even before the internet and dvd's, Piracy was still issue, people use to copy music cassette tapes throw a dual cassette player and sell them to underground markets or in a sidewalk floor or a shopping area ,same goes for VHS, they would use two VHS players with a Video mode and Rec, I remember back in 1999, PreNapster days, my local shopping area, people would sell Fake Music CD albums from popular artist's and band's at the time, some even had fake albums there were a day or two before the official album release, they would sell them for $5 dollars on a sidewalk floor, those were the days lol.

I would say technologically retarded, some of these senator are dinosaurs and can't use a smart phone

Even before the internet and dvd's, Piracy was still issue, people use to copy music cassette tapes throw a dual cassette player and sell them to underground markets or in a sidewalk floor or a shopping area ,same goes for VHS, they would use two VHS players with a Video mode and Rec, I remember back in 1999, PreNapster days, my local shopping area, people would sell Fake Music CD albums from popular artist's and band's at the time, some even had fake albums there were a day or two before the official album release, they would sell them for $5 dollars on a sidewalk floor, those were the days lol.

sad those ppl should not be allowed to pass any tech bill

sad those ppl should not be allowed to pass any tech bill

What there need to do is put term limit for congress, 2 term 4 years,just like the president, and bring in fresh new faces in congress, am tried of having the same old congressman or woman that has been there since the 1800s lol.

The problem with that is then inexperience will be abound. Do you really want your congressman creating tax legislation without being on the Ways and Means Committee for a while? (for example)

Just because they have been there the longest doesn't mean they have more experience.yet most of them do nothing, more of the same, they just want to stay in power for the rest of the lives, I mean John McCain and Joe Lieberman have been there since 80s(mouths after I was born), and Daniel Inouye, who a sentor of Hawaii have been the the longest, 1963.

Not tell me, please let some have a turn and run this country.

• 5 weeks later...

Round two of internet censorship bill walk will be on 15th of Dec let your voice be heard, call your elected official, congressman and sentor do not support (SOPA) and protect IP bills.

Stop Censorship — Take Action Before Senate Vote | Demand Progress

American Censorship Day - Call to Stop SOPA and PROTECT IP

We Are Winning: Pelosi Comes Out Against Internet Censorship Bill | Demand Progress

Archived