R68's reappear in weekday (N) service

JubaionBx12+SBS

The (N) line is almost a sure bet to land an R160 when riding it during weekday hours. However that wasn't the case today. Sometime between 14:00 and 14:30 this afternoon an R68 pulled in at Lexington Av-59th St bound for Coney Island and it was an (N) train. I was slightly shocked to see this being that I have used the (N) rather frequently in the past month and all of my trips have been on R160's. I would like to know whether a shortage of available trains caused that R68 sighting or whether there is an assignment change in the brewing where the (N) and/or (Q) will be losing R160's?

The (N) line is almost a sure bet to land an R160 when riding it during weekday hours. However that wasn't the case today. Sometime between 14:00 and 14:30 this afternoon an R68 pulled in at Lexington Av-59th St bound for Coney Island and it was an (N) train. I was slightly shocked to see this being that I have used the (N) rather frequently in the past month and all of my trips have been on R160's. I would like to know whether a shortage of available trains caused that R68 sighting or whether there is an assignment change in the brewing where the (N) and/or (Q) will be losing R160's?

It is not uncommon to see R68 / R68A put-in sets on either the (N) or the (Q) during the week. There doesn't seem to be any major reason for putting them in, so don't expect a change in the status quo anytime soon.

There's been one or two most every day running on it, but its more difficult to notice their presence when its only one train, as supposed to four or five. Last time I was on the (N) almost a month ago I got one first trip (and my c/r had a student). I was filmed on the way down and on the way back up by DanielTheCool.

I think they have stopped putting R68/A's on the (N)(Q) for the weekends, and now there are at most 3 weekday runs for R68/A's on the (N). It's back to what it use to be before they stopped putting R68's on the (G) and R68/A's on the (N)(Q) on weekends.

I think they have stopped putting R68/A's on the (N)(Q) for the weekends, and now there are at most 3 weekday runs for R68/A's on the (N). It's back to what it use to be before they stopped putting R68's on the (G) and R68/A's on the (N)(Q) on weekends.

Not completely true...there have been some cases when a R68/A popped up on the (N)(Q) on the weekend

Archived