Subway - What If?

VWM

NEXT: It's 6PM and Whitlock Avenue (6) is impassible. No trains can get to the yard for the night.

Reroute the (6)<6> and where do you store trains?

(4) Via Lexington Avenue Express.

(6) No service b/w Hunts Point Avenue and Parkchester.

Extra trains are used in service, (4) trains run express for this reason.

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have another problem for you guys, I hope you solve it and I don't know the answer to this, I swear.

Two (7) trains (both R62As) collided between Mets-Willets Point and Main Street-Flushing. What do you do with the (7)<7>? The time they collided was about 6:30 PM, and it's rush hour.

(7)<7> No service b/w Mets-Willets Point and Flushing-Main Street.

Until the collision is cleared, extra trains in service.

Edited by TrainFanInfinity

I have another problem for you guys, I hope you solve it and I don't know the answer to this, I swear.

Two (7) trains (both R62As) collided between Mets-Willets Point and Main Street-Flushing. What do you do with the (7)<7>? The time they collided was about 6:30 PM, and it's rush hour.

(7)<7> No service b/w Mets-Willets Point and Flushing-Main Street.

Until the collision is cleared, extra trains in service.

No (7)<7> service from Willets Pt to Flushing.

Some local trains go OOS at 111th Street and layover on the switches to the yard.

If it was up to me, <7> express will be suspended. All (7) service terminates at Mets-Willets Point.

I'll contact NYCT, MTA Bus and LIRR Port Washington Branch to have (7) train shuttle between Long Island City and Flushing with stop at Hunters Point, Woodside and Mets-Willets Point and add additional service on Pt. Washington Branch.

I'll also have Q48 run overnight during this time, using both NYC Bus and MTA Bus to operate Q48 route.

NEXT!

7th Avenue is impassable between south of 96th Street and South Ferry/Atlantic Avenue. Treat this service change as a fasttrack, as it is long term.

Treat it as a FASTRACK, as in late night closure only?

(1) runs between the Bronx and 96th Street: running express between 137th and 96th Street downtown

(2) runs between the Bronx and 96th Street

(3) runs between the Bronx and 96th Street

(5) operates late night between the Bronx and Flatbush via Lexington Avenue express

NEXT!

7th Avenue is impassable between south of 96th Street and South Ferry/Atlantic Avenue. Treat this service change as a fasttrack, as it is long term.

(1) between Van Cortlandt Park and 96th Street.

(2) between Wakefield and 96th Street.

(3) service is suspended; Shuttle bus service is provided.

(5) between Dyre Avenue and Flatbush Avenue all times.

NEXT!

(1) No service b/w 96 Street and South Ferry. Southbound trains run express b/w 137 Street & 96 Street.

(2)(3) No service b/w 96 Street and Brooklyn. Limited (3) service. Select trains terminate at 110 Street, 125 Street and 135 Street.

(5) Runs all times to Flatbush Avenue.

NEXT!

(1) runs from 242nd Street-96th Street

(2) runs via the (5) between 149th Street and Nevins Street

(3) runs as a shuttle between 96th Street and 148th Street ONLY

<4> runs local in Manhattan and is extended to New Lots Avenue at all times

(5) runs express all times to Flatbush Avenue

FREE OOS transfer at 96th Street between Broadway and Central Park West lines. Extra M96 buses operate along 96th Street to accommodate those wishing not to walk between the two stations.

(B) runs all times between 168th Street and 2nd Avenue when not on regular schedule (transfer at 34th Street-6th Avenue for (R) or (N) trains (depending on time of day) OR at Broadway-Lafayette for the (4) or (6) for lower Manhattan stations).

(C) runs all night between 168th Street and Euclid Avenue. For Brooklyn IRT stations, transfer at Fulton Street for the (2), (4) (4)<4> or (5) OR at Jay Street-Metrotech for the (R) ( (N) overnights) and take that to Atlantic Avenue-Barclays Center for the (2), (4) or (5).

(A) runs express in Manhattan and Brooklyn during this.

NOTE: Had to use the diamond 4 because the regular one was not working.

Next:

Same situation as this one, only it's on the Lexington Avenue Line, with 125th Street to Atlantic Avenue affected on those lines.

Edited by Wallyhorse

So both 7th Avenue and Lexington Avenue lines?

He clearly said Atlantic Av to 125 St on the Lexington Av lines. Think.

The Eastern Parkway Express tracks in Brooklyn between Atlantic Av and Borough Hall. The Lexington Av Express tracks in Manhattan from Wall St to 125 St.

It is not that hard to interpret these scenarios, all you need to do is think.

Next:

Same situation as this one, only it's on the Lexington Avenue Line, with 125th Street to Atlantic Avenue affected on those lines.

This is a long-term change, so I took some liberty with the solutions.

(3) Extended to 149 St/3 Av to avoid delays at 142 St Junction and provide extra service into Manhattan.

(4) No trains between 125 St and Atlantic Av.

(5) Trains run via the (2) line in both directions between 149 St and Nevins St. Trains run local in the Bronx.

(6) No trains between 125 St and Brooklyn Bridge.

(A) Trains stop at 155 and 163 St.

(C) Trains rerouted to 161 St to connect with the (4).

(D) Trains run local in the Bronx.

(F) Selected trains run via 53 St to increase service to Lexington Av/53 St.

NEXT

Astor Place is impassable on the (4)(5)(6). This is a long-term change.

Reroute: (4)(5)(6), others as needed.

NEXT

(4) No service b/w Grand Central and Brooklyn Bridge, select trains terminate at Fulton Street or Wall Street.

(5) Via 7th Avenue Express, select trains terminate at East 180 Street.

(6) No service b/w Grand Central and Brooklyn Bridge.

(Q) Select trains run via Broadway Local to provide an alternative to the Lexington Avenue Line.

(1) runs from 242nd Street-96th Street

(2) runs via the (5) between 149th Street and Nevins Street

(3) runs as a shuttle between 96th Street and 148th Street ONLY

<4> runs local in Manhattan and is extended to New Lots Avenue at all times

(5) runs express all times to Flatbush Avenue

FREE OOS transfer at 96th Street between Broadway and Central Park West lines. Extra M96 buses operate along 96th Street to accommodate those wishing not to walk between the two stations.

(B) runs all times between 168th Street and 2nd Avenue when not on regular schedule (transfer at 34th Street-6th Avenue for (R) or (N) trains (depending on time of day) OR at Broadway-Lafayette for the (4) or (6) for lower Manhattan stations).

(C) runs all night between 168th Street and Euclid Avenue. For Brooklyn IRT stations, transfer at Fulton Street for the (2), (4) (4)<4> or (5) OR at Jay Street-Metrotech for the (R) ( (N) overnights) and take that to Atlantic Avenue-Barclays Center for the (2), (4) or (5).

(A) runs express in Manhattan and Brooklyn during this.

NOTE: Had to use the diamond 4 because the regular one was not working.

See? This makes sense. Because the line is CLOSED, you have to provide alternatives, and for once, they aren't crazy. Good job, Wally....

NEXT

From the Bronx: (4) and <6> trains terminate at 42nd Street southbound. (6) trains terminate at 125th Street or 86th Street. (5) trains run as a shuttle between 180th Street-Dyre Avenue. Extra (2) train service runs during this time.

From Brooklyn: (4) trains run between Fulton Street and Utica Avenue, single tracking between Wall Street and Fulton Street. (5) trains are suspended in Brooklyn.

M101, M102, M103 service is increased. M15 SBS service runs overnight during this time.

Edited by Threxx