Subway - What If?

VWM

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All of SoHo has a power outage. Reroute the (1)(2)(4)(6)(A)(D)(E)(F)(N)(Q)(R) .

Time: Late Night rush hour

(1)(2)(J)(Z) Not affected.

(4)(6) No service b/w Grand Central-42 Street and Brooklyn Bridge.

(A)(E) No service b/w 14 Street and World Trade Center/Chambers Street.

(D) No service b/w West 4 Street and Atlantic Avenue-Barclays Center.

(F) No service b/w West 4 Street and Delancy Street.

(N)(Q) No service b/w 34 Street-Herald Square and Whitehall Street.

Search Google Maps to see what I mean.

Edited by TrainFanInfinity

NEXT:

Due to a wall collapse at Broadway - Lafayette/Bleecker Streets, the station is closed and impassible.

Affected: (B)(D)(F)(M)(4)(5)(6)<6>

My solution:

From Brooklyn:

(B)(D) Via Broadway Express to Times Square-42 Street.

(F) Via Rutgers Street or terminates at Delancy Street.

(M) Via Nassau Street to Chambers Street.

(4)(5) Terminates at Brooklyn Bridge or Wall Street.

(5) Select trains run via 7th Avenue Express.

From Upper Manhattan

(B)(D) Terminates at West 4 Street.

(F) Via Rutgers Street.

(M) Terminates at World Trade Center.

(4)(5)(6) Terminates at Grand Central.

(5) Select trains run via 7th Avenue Express.

Well, this thread's had it's long run.

NEXT:

Due to a track fire, these stations are closed:

Jay Street-Metrotech (A)(C)(F)

Hoyt-Schermerhorn Streets (A)(C)(G)

Bergen Street (F)(G)

(A) trains run in two sections 207th Street to Chambers Street and B'way-ENY via local to Lefferts/Rockaways.

(C) trains run from 168th Street to WTC.

(F) trains run in two sections Jamaica-179th to Delancy Street and Church Avenue to Stillwell

(G) run from Court Square to Bedford-Nostrand.

Well, this thread's had it's long run.

NEXT:

Due to a track fire, these stations are closed:

Jay Street-Metrotech A/C/F

Hoyt-Schermerhorn Streets A/C/G

Bergen Street F/G

This assumes the (C) is using R32s and the track fire is between Jay Street and Hoyt-Schermerhorn since the Bergen Street station is also affected:

(A) is split as follows:

Trains to/from 207th Street run to/from High Street, Brooklyn

Lefferts Boulevard trains run to/from Utica Avenue with LIMITED service to and from Lafayette Avenue via Southbound local and express tracks in both directions

Far Rockaway trains run to/from Broadway Junction

Rockaway Park (S) trains extended to Broadway Junction, Brooklyn.

(A) shuttle bus runs High Street-Utica Avenue, including a stop at the Atlantic Avenue-Barclays Center station for transfers to other lines.

(C) runs normal route to West 4th, then via the (M) and then (J) to the Broadway Junction (J) platform. Passengers for Broadway Junction and points east in Brooklyn and Queens are asked to take the (C) to Broadway Junction and change there.

(F) runs in two sections:

179th Street, Queens-York Street, Brooklyn

Coney Island-4th Avenue with LIMITED service to Smith-9th Street

During this time, (D) and (N) trains join the (R) as locals on the 4th Avenue line to help facilitate transfers from the (F) at 9th Street-4th Avenue.

(G) runs Court Square, Queens to Bedford-Nostrand Avenues, Brooklyn with LIMITED service to Fulton Street. Trains to/from Fulton Street run on both tracks in both directions

(F) / (G) shuttle bus runs York Street to Bedford-Nostrand Avenues with a stop at the Atlantic Avenue-Barclays Center station.

Edited by Wallyhorse

(C) runs normal route to West 4th, then via the (M) and then (J) to the Broadway Junction (J) platform. Passengers for Broadway Junction and points east in Brooklyn and Queens are asked to take the (C) to Broadway Junction and change there.

Not again! Ever heard of WTC? Stop making service changes confusing.

Edited by Quill Depot

Another problem.

Atlantic Avenue - Barclays Center is closed due to stampedes after a game in the Barclays Center nearby at 5 PM in a normal Thursday. Reroute (2)(3)(4)(5)(B)(D)(N)(Q)(R) .

Assuming no passengers have fallen onto the tracks, or have overcrowded the station in capacity, bypass the station.

(2)(3)(4)(5) passengers can use Nevins Street.

(B)(Q) can use 7th Avenue

(D)(N)(R) Might have to use DeKalb

One step further: Allow for the station to only disembark passengers. All boardings can happen at the aforementioned stations.

Do you really think people are that stupid? The idea of the (C) to Broadway Junction (J) platform in that scenario is so passengers going east of there on the (A) / (C) (plus some going to Ralph, Rockaway or even Utica Avenue) are NOT overcrowding shuttle buses at High Street in Brooklyn. It keeps shuttle buses for the main purpose, to transport people in Brooklyn between High Street and Utica Avenue without all the extra passengers. As long as the (C) is R-32s (and eight cars), it CAN run on the (J) and in that scenario I take full advantage of that.

It all goes back to what people are supposed to do when riding the subway, and that is paying attention. Doing that would do a lot when emergencies and other things happen, as I try to keep the subways running in as efficient a manner as possible.

Due to WTC work, no (1) trains can travel below Cortlandt Street. Figure out how to reroute, try not to use shuttle buses. And also, the switches at Chambers all point to Brooklyn, so trains can't terminate there. And 14 Street and 42 Street are not turning options. Be creative.

Due to WTC work, no (1) trains can travel below Cortlandt Street. Figure out how to reroute, try not to use shuttle buses. And also, the switches at Chambers all point to Brooklyn, so trains can't terminate there. And 14 Street and 42 Street are not turning options. Be creative.

(1) 242 St to New Lots Av (Broadway/7 Av/EP Local)

NOTE

(2) Trains run 7 Av Local between 96 St and Chambers St

(3) [sOUTHBOUND SELECT] Trains may turn at 14 St

(4) [sOUTHBOUND SELECT] Trains may turn at City Hall or Bowling Green

Do you really think people are that stupid? The idea of the (C) to Broadway Junction (J) platform in that scenario is so passengers going east of there on the (A) / (C) (plus some going to Ralph, Rockaway or even Utica Avenue) are NOT overcrowding shuttle buses at High Street in Brooklyn. It keeps shuttle buses for the main purpose, to transport people in Brooklyn between High Street and Utica Avenue without all the extra passengers. As long as the (C) is R-32s (and eight cars), it CAN run on the (J) and in that scenario I take full advantage of that.

It all goes back to what people are supposed to do when riding the subway, and that is paying attention. Doing that would do a lot when emergencies and other things happen, as I try to keep the subways running in as efficient a manner as possible.

Yeah! I do... Most people do not pay attention and know only the line that they travel on.

stewie.png

(1) 242 to New Lots (via Eastern Pkwy and 7th Avenue Local)

(2) Alternate trips for Wakefield to Flatbush (via 7th avenue Local or Lexington Avenue Express)

- Lex Express trips will operate via Eastern Parkway Express (or just sign them up as a <5>)

- Late Nights via 7th Avenue Local to Flatbush

(3) 145 to Utica (via 7th Avenue Express and Eastern Parkway Local).

- 148 to 135 Shuttle late nights

(4) All trips to Flatbush

(5) Daytime trips end at Bowling Green

- Nighttime Shuttle still operates to 180

Whats next? (C) from Bedford Park Boulevard to Jamaica Center via Concourse Express, CPW Express, 6 Av Express, Brighton Express, Sea Beach Express, 4 Av Express, Nassau Street Express because it can?

Using R160s from who knows where because it would be cool to see R160s on the (C)?

I worry deeply for this thread.

Edited by Brighton Express

Another problem I had made up in my mind. A bombing occured near Main St - Flushing station. Due to this the station has to be closed, and it's rush hour time. Reroute the (7)<7>.

Very simple:

(7) local terminates at 111th Street-Corona (some locals continue to Mets-Willets Point)

<7> terminates at Mets-Willets Point.

Shuttle buses run from 111th-Main Street.

LIRR honors Metrocards on all trains passing through Mets-Willets Point (stopping there) and the station closest to Main Street-Flushing past there.

Edited by Wallyhorse

Another problem I had made up in my mind.

A bombing occured near Main St - Flushing station. Due to this the station has to be closed, and it's rush hour time. Reroute the (7)<7>.

LIRR honors Metrocards for the Port Washington Branch (West of Little Neck), as well as any other LIRR station West of Jamaica (assuming this is long term cleanup, and/or LIRR cannot be accessed from Flushing).

Edited by RookiePhenom