Subway - What If?

VWM

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Loss of power along 4 Av south of 36 St. Reroute the (D)(N)(R)

Note: 36 St itself has no power

Assuming this is an emergency change:

(D) via Culver, both directions between West 4 St and Coney Island. A shuttle runs between Coney Island and 9 Av.

(N) via Brighton Local. Runs through with the Q at Coney Island (yes, the track layout allows for this).

(R) No service between Atlantic Av and 59 St.

Next:

There's a track fire at DeKalb Avenue, suspend and/or reroute the (B)(D)(N)(Q)(R).

(B)(D) via Culver in both directions.

(M) to Chambers St.

(N) No trains between Canal St and Atlantic Av.

(Q) No trains between Astoria and Prospect Park.

(R) No trains between Whitehall St and Atlantic Av. Additional trains operate north of Whitehall St to replace the M in Queens.

(D) Shuttle runs between 36 St and Coney Island.

Edited by NX Express

It is mathematically impossible considering the system and the peak TPH. They cannot reroute all (2) trains over the Lex when it happens...

Do you really think that they send that many (2) trains over Lexington? I am sure that they short-turn a few of them, because I have ridden many (2) trains over Lexington, and I find it quite possible to do.

NEXT

23 St/6 Av is impassable.

(B) No Service

(C) No Service

(M) Metro Av to Chambers St/Broad St (Nassau St Local)

NOTE

(D) Trains run via 8 Av Local between W4 and 59 St

(E) Trains run via 8 Av Express between Canal St and 42 St

(F) Trains run via 8 Av Local between W4 and 23 St

Do you really think that they send that many (2) trains over Lexington? I am sure that they short-turn a few of them, because I have ridden many (2) trains over Lexington, and I find it quite possible to do.

That's the point, but people solve scenarios by sending them all over Lex.

That's the point, but people solve scenarios by sending them all over Lex.

There is something called common knowledge, and assuming, in case you didn't know. When I say cut the (C), does that mean that all the trains just miraculously disappear? They have their means of getting to the yard. Some may sign up as (A) trains, others as (E).

Take it easy. No need to be completely literal.

NEXT

Union Square (L)(N)(Q)(R)(4)(5)(6) and 6 Av (F)(L)(M)(1)(2)(3) are closed and impassible for police investigations.

Edited by Brighton Express

23 St/6 Av is impassable.

As I would do it:

(B) runs West 4th Street-Coney Island ONLY

(D) runs 205th Street-Columbus Circle via regular route, then via the (C) and then (E) from Columbus Circle to Chambers Street-WTC ((D) replaces the (E) between West 4th and WTC).

(E) is re-routed after West 4th Street southbound to replace the (F) to Coney Island and extra (E) trains originate from 179th Street for this purpose.

(F) runs 179th Street, Queens-34th Street, Manhattan with a LIMITED number of (F) trains operating via the (G) between Roosevelt Avenue and Coney Island.

(M) is re-routed via Nassau Street in Manhattan and continues after Broad Street via the Montauge Tunnel to replace the (D) to Coney Island.

(M) is re-routed via Nassau Street in Manhattan and continues after Broad Street via the Montauge Tunnel to replace the (D) to Coney Island.

Yes, an 8 TPH line with 8 car trains replacing a 10-11 TPH 10 car line during rush hour. Completely realistic.

NEXT

Union Square (L)(N)(Q)(R)(4)(5)(6) and 6 Av (F)(L)(M)(1)(2)(3) are closed and impassible for police investigations.

(L) only running Rockaway Parkway-Bedford Ave, (N)(Q)(R) suspended between 34th Street and Prince Street, (4)(5)(6) running local in Manhattan, and suspended between 42nd Street and Brooklyn Bridge.

(F)(M) running express between West 4th Street and 34th Street, (1) suspended between 34th Street and South Ferry, (2)(3) suspended between Chambers and 34th Street.

NEXT: TRANSIT STRIKE! Operators at CI-Avenue X yard refuse to work. You can send peeps from other yard to work the trains at CI-Avenue X but you can not have IRT workers on BMT/IND and vice-versa.

I have absolutely no idea whatsoever at all about what this means. Just run all trains at reduced headways using as many available employees there are.

NEXT

All switches along the Broadway line between Canal and 57th (including the crossover north of it) are set to the STRAIGHT position and cannot be changed. This means that trains going up Broadway via the bridge must go to 63rd Street, and no switches along Broadway may be used to terminate trains. Reroute the (N)(Q).

NEXT

All switches along the Broadway line between Canal and 57th (including the crossover north of it) are set to the STRAIGHT position and cannot be changed. This means that trains going up Broadway via the bridge must go to 63rd Street, and no switches along Broadway may be used to terminate trains. Reroute the (N)(Q).

(N) & (R): Whitehall Street to Brooklyn. Select (N) trains follow the (Q) solution.

(Q): Via Broadway Express, 63rd Street & QBL Local to Forest Hills.

Shuttle trains run between 5th Avenue and Astoria.

Edited by Threxx

I have absolutely no idea whatsoever at all about what this means. Just run all trains at reduced headways using as many available employees there are.

NEXT

(N)(Q) trains run to 71 Avenue via 63 street/Bdwy Express NB and 60 street/Broadway Local via Whitehall SB

(R) Alternative trains terminate at Atlantic Avenue- Pacific Street via 4 Avenue Local

(B) Run on 4 Avenue to Bay Ridge-95 street via 4 Avenue Express

(D) Rerouted to use Brighton Line

(N) Alternative trains run via West End (frequencies will double on both lines)

The 8 Avenue Switches are set to the straight position from 135 street to W.4 Street. Reroute all trains

Edited by Q23 Central Terminal

The 8 Avenue Switches are set to the straight position from 135 street to W.4 Street. Reroute all trains

(B) trains run from 145/Bronx to WTC via 8th Avenue local

No (C) service from WTC to Euclid

(D) run in two sections, via 8th Avenue express, and Fulton local to Euclid and Whitehall to Coney Island with limited TPH.

(E) trains run to W4 via 6th Avenue Express.

Some (M) trains via 63

(A): No change. [Note: Trains run local in Brooklyn]

(C): World Trade Center-168th Street. [Normal Manhattan Service]

(E): 2nd Avenue-Jamaica Center. [6th Avenue Local/QBL Express]

(M): Some trains terminate at Chambers Street.

(B) & (D): 34th Street-Coney Island/Brighton Beach.

Edited by Threxx

(N)(Q) trains run to 71 Avenue via 63 street/Bdwy Express NB and 60 street/Broadway Local via Whitehall SB

(R) Alternative trains terminate at Atlantic Avenue- Pacific Street via 4 Avenue Local

(B) Run on 4 Avenue to Bay Ridge-95 street via 4 Avenue Express

(D) Rerouted to use Brighton Line

(N) Alternative trains run via West End (frequencies will double on both lines)

Maybe I didn't phrase it correctly, but the simple solution I was looking for was just (N)(Q) via Broadway local and via the tunnel...

switch problems at Essex St, the switch is stuck in favor for the Chrystie cut (inbound only, the Brooklyn bound side is normal)

Fix the (J) & (M)

Single-track (J) shuttles run as follows:

Broad Street to Canal Street

Canal Street to Essex Street

Regular (J) trains run via the (M) to West 4th and then (C) to 168th Street, using extra equipment (R32s) from and replacing the (C) in upper Manhattan for the duration of this.

(C) runs Chambers Street ((A) platform)-Euclid Avenue ONLY. For Spring Street from upper Manhattan, take (J) to West 4th and change for the (E) and the reverse from Spring Street.